The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Back-up camera

21DFND

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:18 PM
Reaction score
Is the extra camera for the trailer wifi and if it is how do you find the quality?
It is connected via a cable. The kit comes with 2 camera's, Have the second camera on the back of the trailer. 1080p resolution, so it is very clear. display automatically switches to the trailer camera when connected. You can swipe on the touch screen display to change which camera you want as well. Because of the wide screen display you can all so swipe up or down to move the camera view up or down to your liking.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:18 PM
Reaction score
Have we discovered what inputs the factory head unit has available? I know a ways back Jean posted some pics of the unit from above, but we couldn't see the backside.

RPK

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I installed the Gator GRV92MKT 9" rear view mirror. I have been using it for a few years in my other car and comes with an extra camera to mount onto the back of my trailer as well. Runs all the time and doubles as a mirror as well.
I took my first road test yesterday of the Grenadier (I have taken them off-road for a short test prior). Very positive experience. One thing that got my attention was the small size of the rearview mirror and the VERY limited field of view. Between the barn doors, spare tire, and head rests it was the visual equivalent of breathing through a straw. My initial (incorrect) thought was to swap up out to a bigger mirror, but I think the manufacturer should make it a standard feature to the rearview mirror system you have.

Personally, I'm not a fan of all the electronic crap, the less the better when you are far from pavement. But in this case, a mirror that can also switch to a rear-view picture while you're driving is a practical redundant exception. I can turn my head to backup, but while driving 75 MPH...probably not the best idea.

I was told my Grenadier will arrive in December (we shall see), but when it does arrive, one of my initial upgrades will be to a system like yours.

Thanks for information!

RPK

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:18 PM
Reaction score
I took my first road test yesterday of the Grenadier (I have taken them off-road for a short test prior). Very positive experience. One thing that got my attention was the small size of the rearview mirror and the VERY limited field of view. Between the barn doors, spare tire, and head rests it was the visual equivalent of breathing through a straw. My initial (incorrect) thought was to swap up out to a bigger mirror, but I think the manufacturer should make it a standard feature to the rearview mirror system you have.

Personally, I'm not a fan of all the electronic crap, the less the better when you are far from pavement. But in this case, a mirror that can also switch to a rear-view picture while you're driving is a practical redundant exception. I can turn my head to backup, but while driving 75 MPH...probably not the best idea.

I was told my Grenadier will arrive in December (we shall see), but when it does arrive, one of my initial upgrades will be to a system like yours.

Thanks for information!

RPK
Hi RPK, I agree. DaBull

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Would be interested to see what they come up with, but I would be inclined to let INEOS get their software house fully in order before having someone else tinker with it.
I spoke to Phil at Advanced ICE yesterday. Fairly standard response based on early days and low sales numbers. They need a minimum order quantity for the factory in Korea of 500 units so until there is a critical mass of interest they won't be investing the R&D to develop something for the Grenadier. They are interested though. Phil was quite familiar with the Grenadier and is monitoring Australian and international sales numbers. A Brisbane owner has already approached them and offered his vehicle as a research bed to investigate. Phil suggested I check back in a few months. Once they have looked at a vehicle they may be able to adapt an existing kit to fast track a solution.

He advised they would not be able to alter the size of the display area used by the factory rear camera (software coded by Nuesoft/Ineos). If we want the rear camera image to be bigger then we need to lobby Ineos to change it in a future software release.

They may be able to integrate 3rd party cameras to use the existing screen.
A similar integration kit for an Amarok is around A$1300. Not an inexpensive solution but convenience has a price.

Drausch1976

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I installed the Gator GRV92MKT 9" rear view mirror. I have been using it for a few years in my other car and comes with an extra camera to mount onto the back of my trailer as well. Runs all the time and doubles as a mirror as well.
Bingo!!!!!

zvakanaka

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I agree let’s get Ineos on this, it’s a seriously dumb omission. Will be acceptable with a full screen backup camera image.

21DFND

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Thanks for information!

RPK
It works brilliantly, I leave it on all the time and works great with the trailer as well. I have a separate crash cam which comes with a remote capture button that I used mainly when I am off road to capture videos on the trials.

Reactions: RPK

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I received the kit yesterday. Just wondering how did you access the reverse light connection (red wire) ?

21DFND

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I received the kit yesterday. Just wondering how did you access the reverse light connection (red wire) ?
I did not bother with the reverse light connection. I use the second camera on my camper trailer. When the camper trailer plug is connected it automatically switches to the camper trailer camera. you can also swipe left or right to change the camera back to the car.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I did not bother with the reverse light connection. I use the second camera on my camper trailer. When the camper trailer plug is connected it automatically switches to the camper trailer camera. you can also swipe left or right to change the camera back to the car.
Ah good. Those guide lines are like Taylor Swift. Anathema to me.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I did not bother with the reverse light connection. I use the second camera on my camper trailer.
I am wondering how you ran the trailer cable from the unit to the back of the vehicle. I've had a good poke around and can't find any suitable exit points. I'd like it to run along the LHS of the car.
Mind you I have a drawer system installed so may have to remove that if you or others have gone behind the side trim or similar..

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:18 AM
Reaction score
I am wondering how you ran the trailer cable from the unit to the back of the vehicle.
I also am wondering this.

I have an unused NATO connector space to the left of the tow bar, which will work for running a cable from a 2nd camera, perhaps using something neat like https://www.revcam.uk/spare-parts-a...-suzie-trailer-link-for-reversing-camera.html

I’m wishing the 13 pin connector had two spare pins (rather than one) as running the camera wires through that would be nice and clean. (Hmm. Maybe my trailer doesn’t have a fog light? That seems.. unlikely?)

If interested Wolfbox 840S has been rated as one of the best.
Thanks for the recommendation. I went for the Wolfbox G900 which seems great.

21DFND

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am wondering how you ran the trailer cable from the unit to the back of the vehicle. I've had a good poke around and can't find any suitable exit points. I'd like it to run along the LHS of the car.
Mind you I have a drawer system installed so may have to remove that if you or others have gone behind the side trim or similar..
I run it prior to installing the draw system. Did all my electrical cable runs together with the brake controller and power cables. Used the large grommet with the nato plug positive cable and applied plenty of silicone.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Rumor on Facebook from a new owner, picked up yesterday. There was a software update that made the camera image larger. Picture posted is about half the screen now.

On side note Dave B is doing well living high posting on Facebook Austrilia chapter. He is keeping it local versus glocal.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:18 PM
Reaction score
It would be great if one could toggle to rear camera view without having to go on reverse. That would make up for the less than ideal visibility of the rearview mirror.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Rumor on Facebook from a new owner, picked up yesterday. There was a software update that made the camera image larger. Picture posted is about half the screen now.

On side note Dave B is doing well living high posting on Facebook Austrilia chapter. He is keeping it local versus glocal.
Luckily FB is not commercial in any way, shape, or form.

Novoniil

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
10:18 PM
Reaction score

I read the thread as well. Although he hadn’t taken delivery yet, still is promising.

Back
Top Bottom