The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Back-up camera

Local time
7:13 PM
Reaction score
What if the SW gets too hot to touch?
Ha! Never thought of that as a possibility. I assume you are just kidding, but if you are not - I've never heard of that malfunction. Have you? Lots of Jeeps and Ram trucks have heated steering wheels, and I've never heard of them staying on after being switched off. If Jeep and Ram can get this electronic device to function properly, anyone can.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:13 AM
Reaction score
Ha! Never thought of that as a possibility. I assume you are just kidding, but if you are not - I've never heard of that malfunction. Have you? Lots of Jeeps and Ram trucks have heated steering wheels, and I've never heard of them staying on after being switched off. If Jeep and Ram can get this electronic device to function properly, anyone can.
I don't trust anything electrickery related!

21DFND

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I bought one of these and found that the power and camera connection cables contact the airbag display and prevebt me from adjusting the mirror to my preferred position. How did you get around this?
had to slightly angle down the display.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Backup camera is also mandatory in Australia and as you say it wouldn't have been hard to do it well.
I don't need the 360 camera views but a good reversing camera is essential in a vehicle like this.
Too many kids reversed over in Australia by people in SUV's & 4WD's
Plenty of spots to mount one or two dead centre
View attachment 7830774
I mounted mine as per your topmost circle ie. On the roof. Very happy with the outcome. Should just about see it on attached pic' if you zoom in. Very subtle and great vis. Also meant I didn't have to run the supply wire into the rear door itself.

Attachments

• IMG_0019.jpeg
    IMG_0019.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 169

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:13 PM
Reaction score
Local time
Reaction score
I had the great (mis)fortune of driving up to NYC with plans of parking in that garage, only to get there and find it closed for filming that scene...
Ah bummer! I remember hearing that the scene they shot in Waterloo Station they just filmed around people who were doing their regular commute. Maybe you should have just run the blockade and parked in the garage ;)

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can't they just program the screen to fill the camera view, with just a sliver for the gear selector and speed. You don't need the temp and fuel or odometer while backing up.
In theory, yes...

zvakanaka

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s a critical issue, but could definitely be better. 3 issues 1. Camera not the highest quality 2. Camera is offset a bit, but you get used to it. 3. The camera picture takes up much less of the display than it could. I hope in some future software update they may fix that last one. Some people have definitely added their own rear view mirror replacement system
I just drove the Fieldmaster in Clearwater FL it’s fabulous but the backup camera is not good, it’s already hard to see out the back anyway so the question is why, when unit is in reverse, isn’t the entire screen use instead of the half screen? Can that be fixed with a software update?

KDJDGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I installed the Gator GRV92MKT 9" rear view mirror. I have been using it for a few years in my other car and comes with an extra camera to mount onto the back of my trailer as well. Runs all the time and doubles as a mirror as well.
Is the extra camera for the trailer wifi and if it is how do you find the quality?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just drove the Fieldmaster in Clearwater FL it’s fabulous but the backup camera is not good, it’s already hard to see out the back anyway so the question is why, when unit is in reverse, isn’t the entire screen use instead of the half screen? Can that be fixed with a software update?
I’m sure it can be fixed by software but the current update being done doesn’t change it as far as I know.

Novoniil

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
1:13 PM
Reaction score
I mounted mine as per your topmost circle ie. On the roof. Very happy with the outcome. Should just about see it on attached pic' if you zoom in. Very subtle and great vis. Also meant I didn't have to run the supply wire into the rear door itself.
Looks sleek and almost invisble. Which system is this? Would love to see the interior setup, display pics if you have any. Wondering, whether you attached it to the roof itself?

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m sure it can be fixed by software but the current update being done doesn’t change it as far as I know.

I have these guys on my to-do list to have a chat about the Grenadier infotainment and camera setup.
Advanced ICE (Brisbane, Queensland. Australia)

Attachments

• Screenshot.JPG
    Screenshot.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 133

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have these guys on my to-do list to have a chat about the Grenadier infotainment and camera setup.
Advanced ICE (Brisbane, Queensland. Australia)
Would be interested to see what they come up with, but I would be inclined to let INEOS get their software house fully in order before having someone else tinker with it.

Back
Top Bottom