The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.
Local time
8:06 PM
Reaction score
Per ADVAW8S’s comment
Playing devils advocate, what about just a rear awning that covers the rear door section? Low profile, won't create noise, you can get side walls if needed. I was thinking about going that way instead of a 270. I will say that I am not thinking about using a roof top tent so no need to worry about climbing over to get in the tent. I also understand that 270 is much better suited for sun protection as a whole. Just bringing a different idea to table.

I agree with this idea and had wanted to do that for my Land Cruiser to shelter the back for my bird dogs and me cleaning guns, dogs and game birds on the tail gate. I have an 80” wide ARB awning on the passenger side but hardly ever use it as it’s around the corner and I need to set up the table and chairs under it. With my tailgate surface that is used all the time, I bought the shorter 48” ARB awning to mount cross ways on the rack above the lift hatch on my LC. Then I realized that it would have to be so high on the rack to clear the lift hatch spoiler that it wouldn’t work well. I gave the shorter awning to my daughter for her camper.
Now with the barn doors on the Grenadier that’s ordered, it would work like my friend’s vintage Land Cruiser.
So I will have to buy another short awning and will still mount the longer awning on the passenger side.
I plan have a new drawer system fabricated with a slide out tailgate under it to replace my LC tailgate work surface.

Attachments

• IMG_2868.jpeg
    IMG_2868.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0038.jpeg
    IMG_0038.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 17

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:06 PM
Reaction score
Per ADVAW8S’s comment
Playing devils advocate, what about just a rear awning that covers the rear door section? Low profile, won't create noise, you can get side walls if needed. I was thinking about going that way instead of a 270. I will say that I am not thinking about using a roof top tent so no need to worry about climbing over to get in the tent. I also understand that 270 is much better suited for sun protection as a whole. Just bringing a different idea to table.

I agree with this idea and had wanted to do that for my Land Cruiser to shelter the back for my bird dogs and me cleaning guns, dogs and game birds on the tail gate. I have an 80” wide ARB awning on the passenger side but hardly ever use it as it’s around the corner and I need to set up the table and chairs under it. With my tailgate surface that is used all the time, I bought the shorter 48” ARB awning to mount cross ways on the rack above the lift hatch on my LC. Then I realized that it would have to be so high on the rack to clear the lift hatch spoiler that it wouldn’t work well. I gave the shorter awning to my daughter for her camper.
Now with the barn doors on the Grenadier that’s ordered, it would work like my friend’s vintage Land Cruiser.
So I will have to buy another short awning and will still mount the longer awning on the passenger side.
I plan have a new drawer system fabricated with a slide out tailgate under it to replace my LC tailgate work surface.
MoonShade is light, portable, and can be set up on the side of your Gren or at the rear as needed. If used at the rear there is a strut you insert since the awning is wider than the vehicle. I just received mine and I like it. On my Sprinter I had a “permanently” installed Rhino 270 degree bat wing. I like the flexibility of only putting up the MoonShade when I want, and it only takes 5-10 minutes.

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:06 PM
Reaction score
MoonShade is light, portable, and can be set up on the side of your Gren or at the rear as needed. If used at the rear there is a strut you insert since the awning is wider than the vehicle. I just received mine and I like it. On my Sprinter I had a “permanently” installed Rhino 270 degree bat wing. I like the flexibility of only putting up the MoonShade when I want, and it only takes 5-10 minutes.
Moonfab.com

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:06 AM
Reaction score
I cheated. I have my awning(s) and roof top tent fitted to a trailer. That way, once I’m set up I can disconnect the vehicle from the trailer for day-trips.

Passenger side for the awning and tent opening off the back of the trailer just seems right somehow.

3bc741ec-8bdb-4f42-8706-3bed40bc2118.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom