The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Auxiliary Lights in the Grill - High Power LED light upgrade without any cutting

Which Light Brackets would you be willing to pre-order

• 1) Exzeit LML-5064B (160W total)

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • 2) KC Hilites Flex Era 4 (160W total)

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • 3) Diode Dynamics SS3 (80W total)

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • 4) Clearwater Lights Super Sevina (140W total)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5) Clearwater Lights Dixi (200W total)

Votes: 11 28.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steve350f

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:47 PM
Reaction score
Basically I am seeking a few people to buy the lights and commit to installing the kit quickly so that I can get any final feedback before full roll-out.
I have the KC Flex Era 4's sitting on my bench right now and had the intention of figuring it out from scratch but I'd love to be a tester on this. I can install the same day they arrive and have an extensive mechanical and electrical background. Let me know if I can help collaborate on this. Thanks

BenTN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:47 PM
Reaction score
Forum members in the North America interested in Aux Light Mount kits for:
- Exzeit LML-5064B (poll option 1)
- KC Hilites Flex Era 4 (poll option 2)

I expect to have the initial production batch of brackets in hand within May. The plan is for them to go out to testers on or before Tues June 4th. I'd like to find 3 or 4 testers for each mount kit.

If you would like to help with testing the kits, I am requesting the following:
- you will need to pre-buy the LED lights needed (buy them anywhere you want, but I can provide links)
- confirm that you have received your LED lights from the mfr (DM me)
- pre-wire them if possible, so that you can complete a powered test
- commit to fully installing the lights within 2 days of receipt of mount kit
- provide feedback directly to me by DM within 48 hrs of receipt of the mount kit
- I will ask you to Venmo me something to cover the bracket kit parts and shipping, definitely < US$100
- be aware that this process might not go perfectly smoothly
- keep in mind that I do not represent the Forum officially, any light manufacturer, or Ineos, etc. I'm just a forum member doing this on the side.

Please send me a DIRECT forum message if you are interested in participating. Include your shipping address and any info that you think is relevant.

I will create a group forum message for testers of each light so we can communicate as a group. We will consolidate all install test feedback and report that to the forum. After a week or so I will make any final design adjustments, improve instructions, and finalize hardware/packaging.

After all that is complete I will then send the final production kits to CA for distribution by Stu via the forum store. Then anyone else (worldwide) can order kits there.

Unfortunately I can not see who voted for what kit in the poll. Over the past couple months the following people expressed interest in helping so I am tagging you here so that you see this message.
@NoMoTaco @Texas Grenadier @FlyersFan76 @Hill Country TX @parb

I have the following members noted for interest in being a tester already:
Exzeit - @archerwolf
KC FE4 - @Stu_Barnes @Steve350f @Migs
Please DM me to confirm your interest considering the specifics above. No problem if you changed your mind.

For those interested in the Clearwater Dixi lights:
@Xrford @IG_in_AZ ...and many others
We will repeat this testing process when they become available. Clearwater is considering offering a discount to the initial group of buyers, so we may handle this a bit differently. Stay tuned.

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:47 PM
Reaction score
I voted for option 1 also, but won’t be in the initial testers for now.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:47 PM
Reaction score

I expect to have the initial production batch of brackets in hand within May. The plan is for them to go out to testers on or before Tues June 4th. I'd like to find 3 or 4 testers for each mount kit.

- you will need to pre-buy the LED lights needed (buy them anywhere you want, but I can provide links)
- provide feedback directly to me by DM within 48 hrs of receipt of the mount kit
- I will ask you to Venmo me something to cover the bracket kit parts and shipping, definitely < US$100
- keep in mind that I do not represent the Forum officially, any light manufacturer, or Ineos, etc. I'm just a forum member doing this on the side.

Please send me a DIRECT forum message if you are interested in participating. Include your shipping address and any info that you think is relevant.

I will create a group forum message for testers of each light so we can communicate as a group. We will consolidate all install test feedback and report that to the forum. After a week or so I will make any final design adjustments, improve instructions, and finalize hardware/packaging.

After all that is complete I will then send the final production kits to CA for distribution by Stu via the forum store. Then anyone else (worldwide) can order kits there.

Unfortunately I can not see who voted for what kit in the poll. Over the past couple months the following people expressed interest in helping so I am tagging you here so that you see this message.

Exzeit - @archerwolf
Please DM me to confirm your interest considering the specifics above. No problem if you changed your mind.

We will repeat this testing process when they become available. Clearwater is considering offering a discount to the initial group of buyers, so we may handle this a bit differently. Stay tuned.
Hi Ben, I voted for option one, however will be waiting for feedback and final design.
Thanks for your incredible contributions in putting this all together. DaBull

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I forget which version I ultimately voted for. I am taking a back seat and waiting for reviews. Also have a few other projects that I want to tackle before adventuring into the wiring.

Really appreciate the time you are putting into this.

PRSmith

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Exzeit - @archerwolf

I'd like to particpate and would like to acquire a set when available. Thx Peter

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Thought I would show some pics of Agile Offroads kit. Looks to be pretty plug and play but I won’t dig into it until this weekend. Doesn’t seem too expensive considering the MSRP of just the lights but definitely not cheap.

Attachments

• IMG_6129.jpeg
    IMG_6129.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_6128.jpeg
    IMG_6128.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_6127.jpeg
    IMG_6127.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6126.jpeg
    IMG_6126.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 89

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Well my son talked me into install today. Got everything but the electric done. There are a lot of bolts getting this grill off and only 4 clips. Very impressed how everything goes together on these trucks. We will finish up the electric tomorrow, shouldn’t take much time as it looks like my pigtails are pretty long (3-5 inches) coming out of the truck harness.

Attachments

• IMG_6143.jpeg
    IMG_6143.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_6142.jpeg
    IMG_6142.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 99

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Should mention it took about 2.5 hrs for the install but the majority of that was figuring how to pull everything apart. Very quick putting it back together. Only lost 1 bolt for the plastic bumper cover, I’ll make a trip to the hardware store a little later.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas what this is? Comes off of the stock light harness.

Attachments

• IMG_6132.jpeg
    IMG_6132.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_6133.jpeg
    IMG_6133.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 85

GN4HIR

Forum Donor
Local time
9:47 PM
Reaction score
I'm trying to play catch-up. Looks like everyone has picked their favorite light. It may be a little late but I'm going to suggest the Denali D7, popular on BMW adventure bikes but not as pricey as the Clearwater. I'm just not sure how well they will 'fill-up' the stock bezel at 4.4" but they are only 2.9" deep.

https://denalielectronics.com/products/dnl-d7-050?variant=43252599259320

1716964122063.jpg

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:47 AM
Reaction score

Exzeit - @archerwolf

HI Ben,

could these lights might work too?

BenTN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
HI Ben,

could these lights might work too?
They could be mounted, but the 90mm depth and low location of the mount bosses would cause them to stick out about 30mm in front of the round bezels. Most of the options we are testing are almost flush with the front of the bezels.

BenTN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm trying to play catch-up. Looks like everyone has picked their favorite light. It may be a little late but I'm going to suggest the Denali D7, popular on BMW adventure bikes but not as pricey as the Clearwater. I'm just not sure how well they will 'fill-up' the stock bezel at 4.4" but they are only 2.9" deep.

https://denalielectronics.com/products/dnl-d7-050?variant=43252599259320

View attachment 7858301
Just saw this post. I think this could be a good fit! Importantly, the shape towards the rear appears to be compatible with the curved bucket in the grill. I looked up dimension drawings but I can't find anything with enough detail to tell me if the mount bosses are in a good position for our purpose.

I think it's worth a try. If someone wants to send me a set I will do the fit up test and see if we can make a prototype bracket work.

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:47 AM
Reaction score
They could be mounted, but the 90mm depth and low location of the mount bosses would cause them to stick out about 30mm in front of the round bezels. Most of the options we are testing are almost flush with the front of the bezels.
Oh, I feared this answer. I really like the desin, bute sticking out - no way…

BenTN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Late to the party but great initiative Ben,

I also like the Exziet design. Looking on the Australian amazon.com.au site it looks like an equivalent light is the BIGLION.X Pair 5 Inch Led Offroad Driving Lights 160w Round.
I actually bought these lights at the same time that I bought the Exzeit lights during my initial tests. They looked to be roughly the same externally and I liked the style with the exposed screws around the bezel.

Unfortunately the depth and squared off shape in the rear meant that it just didn't sit back into the stock grill buckets very well. I think it could be made to work, but it will stick out in front of the stock round bezels by approx. 20 mm.

For what it's worth, the lights appear to use identical internals (LED boards).

Back
Top Bottom