The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Aux lights only available in offroad mode?

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:55 AM
Reaction score
Searched and could not find an answer.

The aux lights (lights in grille) only come on in offroad mode on US spec vehicles.
Is there a hack to allow their operation in normal (non-offroad) mode?
I heard rumors there was some wire jumping to allow this?

I am aware they only operate with high-beams. I'm ok with that.

TrukSnave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:55 AM
Reaction score
I can’t get mine to come on even in off-road mode and high beams. I don’t know what is going on but they don’t work

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:55 AM
Reaction score
in euro spec models aux light in front grille come on only when the high beams are on and the button depressed .
I felt the light output from auxiliary lights was a bit disappointing. I have to actually check that they are on. As Tinki mentioned, in UK, nothing needed but lights on main beam and press the overhead button.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I felt the light output from auxiliary lights was a bit disappointing. I have to actually check that they are on. As Tinki mentioned, in UK, nothing needed but lights on main beam and press the overhead button.
Half an hour ago I tried out the auxiliary headlights for the first time. They could also in EU be switched on at the same time as the main-beam headlights by simply pressing the button.
What can I say? For ladies' underwear, I would say: a breath of nothing!
If you watch it closely, you notice that it gets slightly brighter.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can’t get mine to come on even in off-road mode and high beams. I don’t know what is going on but they don’t work
Off road mode, working lights switch on, and high beams; and it didn't come on?

I believe that the reason for the requirement in the US to be in off-road mode has to do with US laws regarding number of lights outputting light and the fact that the beam pattern is not an SAE/DOT approved driving light pattern (which would allow use with high beams)

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I believe that the reason for the requirement in the US to be in off-road mode has to do with US laws regarding number of lights outputting light and the fact that the beam pattern is not an SAE/DOT approved driving light pattern (which would allow use with high beams)
Oh well. In the plus side, your not missing that much over main head lights. 😁

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Oh well. In the plus side, your not missing that much over main head lights. 😁
Orrrr just spend a few minutes and rewire them to work off of the under bonnet roof switch. My plan will probably be to replace them... Just need someone to come out with a plain grille first

Local time
Reaction score
Orrrr just spend a few minutes and rewire them to work off of the under bonnet roof switch. My plan will probably be to replace them... Just need someone to come out with a plain grille first
Maybe this?

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:55 PM
Reaction score
Maybe this?
Maybe I'm old fashioned but I'd want whatever replaced the aux lights to be round.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe this?
Not a huge fan of the Triple R lights honestly; they've been moving into the Sprinter world with their grille kits, but I can't say I'm super impressed. I'd prefer just a plain grille and then a set of Diode Dynamics SS5s or the (now one generation old) ARB Intensity Solis V2 lights mounted to whatever replacement bumper center section I go with

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Agree they are nothing short of useless, but there again the main beam isn't brilliant

TrukSnave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi

i tried again and my off road mode is having some issues. It said off road mode fault or something.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi

i tried again and my off road mode is having some issues. It said off road mode fault or something.
But you've already pressed twice?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi

Try wading mode, then turn off wading mode. Wading should activate off road, and then turning it off will leave you with regular off road mode. At least this is what worked on PTO2 trucks.

Definitely remember the double press

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:55 AM
Reaction score
Any update on this? Any hack to activate the lights other than in off road mode?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Any update on this? Any hack to activate the lights other than in off road mode?
Only hack would be to rewire them to one of the overhead switches or another switch setup (such as running a relay to power them that is triggered by the highbeam signal to the headlamps)

Back
Top Bottom