The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Australia full Software update.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:38 PM
Reaction score
I found this article in carsales interesting, especially the comment from Radcliffe Jr (George) about the dealer versus agent model. It may be that an agency model simply doesn't generate the revenue or the loyalty relationship with customers to stump up for a loan vehicle:
The other major issue he admitted to was the company’s sales model, which INEOS splits between aftermarket agencies and traditional dealers.
“It’s turned out about 50:50 between them, but it just feels like dealers are more incentivised and motivated in their work, which is down to them buying the cars off us and wanting to move them before they have to pay interest on those loans,” said Ratcliffe Jr.

Tony S

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone in Australia had the full software update yet? Not just the head unit. Mine booked in next week but keen to hear what people’s experiences have been with the full deal
Completed.
My update was done and has been perfect .... all previous issues were solved and no new issues arose.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My update was done and has been perfect .... all previous issues were solved and no new issues arose.
Mine too now, all except carplay maps which is coming apparently

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is it just Apple CarPlay or was / is there an Android update as well?
I suppose both, but I only have an Apple iPhone, so I do not know for sure. It covers some other things as well, but I do not have a comprehensive list. I got my info from the Robert Pepper interview, Part 4. Where the CEO also mentions the compass and Pathfinder Menu.

Compass does seem more responsive, but I need more time to be certain. Maps works really well now on my iPhone, it was useless before.

View: https://youtu.be/qg3azQe-xzQ?t=748

Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are you having trouble with AA? Works fine for me
Not exactly... an Ottocast dongle has improved performance somewhat. The compass seems to be a bit haphazard still. I got the impression that the satellite issues affected the Android as well as Apple CarPlay, the latter more so.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:38 PM
Reaction score
Not exactly... an Ottocast dongle has improved performance somewhat. The compass seems to be a bit haphazard still. I got the impression that the satellite issues affected the Android as well as Apple CarPlay, the latter more so.
Ahh, ok. I'm using a generic AA dongle and it works well. What phone are you using? It may have some bearing on the compass maybe?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ahh, ok. I'm using a generic AA dongle and it works well. What phone are you using? It may have some bearing on the compass maybe?
Phone is a Samsung S10+. I'll admit to being a bit preoccupied of late :rolleyes:... Next time I take the Gren out, I'll leave the phone off and see how the compass reacts...

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:38 PM
Reaction score
Phone is a Samsung S10+. I'll admit to being a bit preoccupied of late :rolleyes:... Next time I take the Gren out, I'll leave the phone off and see how the compass reacts...
It could be that it's pretty old (by software standards) and not operating as it should. That's a guess by the way 🙃

Dan_Oz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had the fix done to CarPlay yesterday too, at Purnell Adventure in southern Sydney. The CarPlay navigation had been unusable before, but now it seems to work exactly as it should. I'm happy with that.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It could be that it's pretty old (by software standards) and not operating as it should. That's a guess by the way 🙃
I checked and it's running Android 12 (March 2023) with 8Gb onboard RAM. Despite some cracks in the glass case, I've hesitated swapping it for a newer model because the S10+ can take up to 512Gb on an SD card (currently 256Gb) (newer ones have no provision to add a separate SD card), and it has a phone jack!...I don't have to rely on Bluetooth for earphones...
Today it seemed to be behaving!! ;)

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Latest software also addresses some tpms issues it seems... during the 15k service and software update they have set my rear tyres to 51psi which I couldn't do before. Haven't really played with it at present as parked up. Will play with it tomorrow.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine’s booked for Friday, before a weekend away doing mainly dirt and tertiary roads and tracks over 500km that without navigation will be a nightmare unless I use paper maps.

I’m sooo looking forward to getting this fixed. I did a couple of shorter trips this weekend and had to constantly keep pulling over to let waze or hema maps reset itself, and I’m thoroughly sick of it. It’s killing a lot of the joy!! Ah well, bring on Friday.

Next weekend will be the last I’ll be able to drive for around 6 weeks, so I’ll like a good driving weekend away beforehand.

Back
Top Bottom