The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Ask the dealer - Mossy Grenadier Texas

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:37 AM
Reaction score
Aluminum - we discussed when I picked mine up.
Mmmmmm - I'm not so sure. It was my understanding that the body shell is steel and the hood and doors ("hinged parts") were alloy. Perhaps that is different for NA Spec/2024s?

@Mossy Ineos Grenadier TX - can you confirm?

Edit - actually anyone with a truck and a magnet can confirm

silvester3

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:37 AM
Reaction score
Mmmmmm - I'm not so sure. It was my understanding that the body shell is steel and the hood and doors ("hinged parts") were alloy. Perhaps that is different for NA Spec/2024s?

@Mossy Ineos Grenadier TX - can you confirm?

Edit - actually anyone with a truck and a magnet can confirm

I just checked with my Trialmaster.... [I'm also awaiting checker plates to be fitted & had same corrosion concerns].

Magnet does not stick to front doors, rear doors, 70/30 cargo doors, bonnet [hood] or front quarter panels on which checkers would be attached.
Magnet sticks to frame posts and rear quarter panels.

Hope that helps.
Ian

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:37 AM
Reaction score
I just checked with my Trialmaster.... [I'm also awaiting checker plates to be fitted & had same corrosion concerns].

Magnet does not stick to front doors, rear doors, 70/30 cargo doors, bonnet [hood] or front quarter panels on which checkers would be attached.

Hope that helps.
Ian
Thanks Ian! Fingers crossed that’s the case.

j.ironfab

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
8:37 AM
Reaction score

Hope that helps.
Ian

That's interesting I would have guessed from the weight that the hanging parts would be steel. Makes me wonder where all the weight is coming from.

Can you check the roof as well? I would assume the roof is steel.

silvester3

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That's interesting I would have guessed from the weight that the hanging parts would be steel. Makes me wonder where all the weight is coming from.

Can you check the roof as well? I would assume the roof is steel.

The roof is indeed magnetic.
Ian

reauxheaux

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ashton,

Are you aware of the status of the Belstaff jackets that owners of Fieldmasters/Trialmasters are to receive? IG seems to have indicated that dealers will have to codes, but not sure if those have been delivered or even if the dealerships know about the products.

Mossy Ineos Grenadier TX

Production/Transit
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Ashton, what are the dealers being told about tow hitch timeline? Any new info in this regard?
Hi @Kevin Mokracek -

Here is the latest update regarding the tow issue that has been a topic of concern for many customers. The estimated current target for the software fix is end of February.

The software is currently undergoing testing to ensure it functions as intended and meets Ineos' high standards for quality and reliability. The testing process is critical to ensuring that once the fix is implemented, it resolves the issue comprehensively and prevents any future complications. Once complete, it will then be "packaged" and delivered to dealers for them to easily update affected vehicles. Appreciate your patience, and I'll communicate any further updates as I receive them.

Ashton

Mossy Ineos Grenadier TX

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Ashton,

Are you aware of the status of the Belstaff jackets that owners of Fieldmasters/Trialmasters are to receive? IG seems to have indicated that dealers will have to codes, but not sure if those have been delivered or even if the dealerships know about the products.
Hi @reauxheaux - Ineos instructed us to refer you to their customer care team for any Belstaff jacket questions. Their number is 1-833-494-4748. If you still have any questions after calling, let me know and I'll escalate it.

reauxheaux

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @reauxheaux - Ineos instructed us to refer you to their customer care team for any Belstaff jacket questions. Their number is 1-833-494-4748. If you still have any questions after calling, let me know and I'll escalate it.
Thanks! Called and they said may take up to 12 weeks but the contact will be made in email form and all the info to order will be in the email.

Actual email that followed the verbal:
Thanks for recent phone call.

I have just confirmed with a colleague that the timescales have actually changed. Please see the update information we have, "Once the customers handover of their Grenadier is complete, we’ll send them an email with a unique code and a link to the website where they can claim the jacket. Where they can simply use their email and code to log in, choose a male or female jacket in their size, and provide a delivery address. We’ll do the rest.’

The emails are sent out Monthly, given that there will be a cut off date, customers could potentially wait 6 weeks before getting their email. Please advise this if customers are waiting for the jackets."

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:37 AM
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what magnets are you or others putting on your Grenadiers?
I think people are just checking to see what’s steel and what’s not. Probably just using household magnets.

But after seeing the burnt-out IG, it’s pretty apparent the whole front end is alloy.

Mossy Ineos Grenadier TX

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I think people are just checking to see what’s steel and what’s not. Probably just using household magnets.

But after seeing the burnt-out IG, it’s pretty apparent the whole front end is alloy.
Burnt-out IG? What did I miss - link?

Mossy Ineos Grenadier TX

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I used a fairly strong magnet I got from Home Depot and also a Texas flag silhouette flexible magnet. They both stuck to the bumpers and rear quarter panel.
Gotcha. Didn't know if you had some decal/design that you were permanently putting on.

Back
Top Bottom