The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Ask the dealer - Mossy Grenadier Texas

jb504

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:31 AM
Reaction score
I have a broker that does all my rate shopping and such. He said American General didn't want to insure due to the weight.

Progressive he was able to feed it in based on the value and vin. Said that it might cause a problem later, but also said he insures GWagens and such through Progressive but can't through American General.
Thanks for the leg work on insurance. Getting quotes tomorrow. New Orleans rates are awful. I blame Mario Kart.

reauxheaux

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the leg work on insurance. Getting quotes tomorrow. New Orleans rates are awful. I blame Mario Kart.
I was expecting a few hundred a month honestly. It may be because I have multiple cars and only one driver through them. Progressive is still getting a nice chunk of change each month.

We should get some discount for a car with wading mode in this city.

Flymetw

Production/Transit
Local time
5:31 AM
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm Ashton Mossy from Mossy Grenadier in Houston. Here to chat about the Grenadier – from updates and customer experiences to off-roading adventures.

Our team is dedicated to keeping you informed with the most accurate information. If you have questions about your vehicle, how we do things at Mossy, or just want to discuss the Grenadier's off-road capabilities, I'm here for you.

Looking forward to talking with our Texas community. What's on your mind today?

Flymetw

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Ashton, I picked up my Grenadier from Mossy last week. Happy to finally be driving it. I tried putting some magnetic advertising signs on the door but they wont stick. Its obvious that the doors are metal do you know a reason why they will not attach. The work on my other car.

Tom

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:31 AM
Reaction score
Ashton, I picked up my Grenadier from Mossy last week. Happy to finally be driving it. I tried putting some magnetic advertising signs on the door but they wont stick. Its obvious that the doors are metal do you know a reason why they will not attach. The work on my other car.

Tom
Aluminum. DaBull

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

Tom
Go to your local graphic shop (billboard / police / ambulance / fire), and have them decal your car (ask for Cut Vinyl). Should be anywhere between $200-2000 depending on how much work you need done. Be sure to go back to the same shop to remove the decals so they hold liability for any damage in the future. Be careful not to allow the decals to sit too long on the paint (3-7 years max) as to not to permanently damage the paint (oxidation). Light oxidation may occur, and is easily buffed out by a quality detail shop. This is what we do for our marketing cars, currently running a 2019 BMW Z4 with stickers on it (like a Red Bull Mini).

dbaudoin

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm Ashton Mossy from Mossy Grenadier in Houston. Here to chat about the Grenadier – from updates and customer experiences to off-roading adventures.

Our team is dedicated to keeping you informed with the most accurate information. If you have questions about your vehicle, how we do things at Mossy, or just want to discuss the Grenadier's off-road capabilities, I'm here for you.

Looking forward to talking with our Texas community. What's on your mind today?
Ashton, Will the OEM Bull Bar be available in the US for dealer installation?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ashton, Will the OEM Bull Bar be available in the US for dealer installation?
I'll answer for them, no.

This has been asked and covered from countless angles, including from EGR (the actual manufacturer of the part). If you want the Bull Bar, you'll have to source a dealer in Oz to purchase it through and ship it stateside

Mossy Ineos Grenadier TX

Production/Transit
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Curious if there is an update on the Checker Plate availability/delivery. Thank you.
Hi @Offroad - back in the office after a much needed break, sorry for the late reply! We've got five (5) in-stock ready to go. Message me your info and I'll get you squared away asap. Thanks.

Mossy Ineos Grenadier TX

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score

Tom
Hi @Flymetw - checking on this now, standby, will let you know shortly. And congrats on the new Grenadier - hope you're enjoying it! Talk soon.

Update: Almost all bolt on items to the body are aluminum. They may have steel support structures inside of the doors, etc. but they are they aluminum, generally speaking.

Last edited:

reauxheaux

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure if it is part of the dealership checklist, but might want to make sure that the subwoofer is turned on.

Found mine was off and then needed a tuning knob to get the sound right. Not a big deal, but I know it has been discussed elsewhere. Not sure if the subwoofers are installed at factory/port/dealership, but figured I would give the headsup.

Mossy Ineos Grenadier TX

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure if it is part of the dealership checklist, but might want to make sure that the subwoofer is turned on.

Found mine was off and then needed a tuning knob to get the sound right. Not a big deal, but I know it has been discussed elsewhere. Not sure if the subwoofers are installed at factory/port/dealership, but figured I would give the headsup.
That's no good, thank you for the heads up @reauxheaux. I'll make sure that we are checking for that.

reauxheaux

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That's no good, thank you for the heads up @reauxheaux. I'll make sure that we are checking for that.
No worries, took me a few weeks and another thread to find. Not sure if Ineos is sending any info on settings for the subwoofer or steps the installer should take.

If they do have those it would be great to pass along. There is supposed to be a dial/knob that comes along, but some people in other threads have them and some don't.

Lance May

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @Offroad - back in the office after a much needed break, sorry for the late reply! We've got five (5) in-stock ready to go. Message me your info and I'll get you squared away asap. Thanks.
I’m waiting for the checker plates…!
Lance May

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:31 AM
Reaction score
That is good to know. My main concern with dealer vs factory installation of the checker plates was how the holes in the fender would be protected. Steel would be an issue but being aluminum, rust won’t be an issue. Oxidation still can occur on bare aluminum so the holes need some type of coating, but it’s much less critical than for steel. 👍

Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone know if the fenders are steel or aluminum?
Steel... doors, hood (bonnet), and rear doors are aluminum; only hinged components.

Unless something has magically changed since the PTO2 tour. The fenders are strong enough to stand on without the checker plate, that just adds protection and traction (thus why they are simply riveted in place).

A number of us discussed the fact that dealers would be drilling into steel during the tour

Back
Top Bottom