The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ask the dealer Halliwell Jones Chester UK Q&A Thread

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
2:02 PM
Reaction score
OK what are the lights like then do you need aux lights or a light bar can you dim or turn off the cabin lights at night ?
I haven't seem anyone doing any night time driving yet, seeing the cars the other day with the lights on from a far they look very bright butt that's no real barometer without trying them in the evening. Let me speak to one of the drivers that did the Albania trip and see if he did any night time driving and I will let you know.

Local time
Reaction score
I haven't seem anyone doing any night time driving yet, seeing the cars the other day with the lights on from a far they look very bright butt that's no real barometer without trying them in the evening. Let me speak to one of the drivers that did the Albania trip and see if he did any night time driving and I will let you know.
thanks Steve can you ask him if the interior lights can be dimmed?

Last edited:

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
thanks Steve can you ask him if the interior lights can be dimmed?
Spoke to one of the drivers and he said the headlights are perfect and just like a modern car.
Spoke to one of the after-sales guys and the interior lights are dim-able, not an a roller switch but through the infotainment system.
(y)

Local time
Reaction score
Spoke to one of the drivers and he said the headlights are perfect and just like a modern car.
Spoke to one of the after-sales guys and the interior lights are dim-able, not an a roller switch but through the infotainment system.
(y)
Thanks Steve was hoping they could babe switched off entirely when out in the fields .
You forget we don't drive modern cars we drive a Land Rover powered by Lucas the prince of Darkness

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:02 PM
Reaction score
With 'EDIABAS ToolSet 32' you (i.e. someone who has it and knows how to use it) can probably reprogram the minimum setting.

Wile E Coyote

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:02 PM
Reaction score
Hey Steve, can you tell me what the 'durable seat covers' are made from?
Are they canvas?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You can't switch your daytime running lights off so you'll always have some lighting on.
A friend wanted do be able to switch off the daytime lights at his defender TDI (refit Nolden LED). He had to sign in the workshop that they have told him that it is not allowed and he does so on his own risk.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Why not? who is in charge of the vehicle so iii ii want to drive around a field without glaring lights on I can't.
A simple switch somewhere will do.
Ask a car electrician to do it, it won't cost a fortune.

However: be prepared for the display to show warnings about lighting malfunctions.

That's btw not an Ineos decision. The EU, in its infinite wisdom, has issued such a regulation. And Brexit or not, this was likely adopted by the UK.

Back
Top Bottom