The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Ask the dealer Halliwell Jones Chester UK Q&A Thread

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:22 PM
Reaction score
Hello Steve, I'm a bit further south, down in Sussex. Thanks for your message.If you can help with the following it would be much appreciated;1) Having paid the £450 followed by the £2050 - at what point will the contract be signed. So far have a Feb 2023 build month given.2) Why is the bonnet chequering not an option in the UK but other countries can order it?3) Same for the gullwing rear windows - will they likely make a comback?4) What changes cannot be made prior to signing the contract - i.e paint/engine type etc tks, if you can answer any of those then cracking.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=ECrider userid=8975784 postid=1332828982]Hello Steve, I'm a bit further south, down in Sussex. Thanks for your message.If you can help with the following it would be much appreciated;1) Having paid the £450 followed by the £2050 - at what point will the contract be signed. So far have a Feb 2023 build month given.2) Why is the bonnet chequering not an option in the UK but other countries can order it?3) Same for the gullwing rear windows - will they likely make a comback?4) What changes cannot be made prior to signing the contract - i.e paint/engine type etc tks, if you can answer any of those then cracking.

Hi ECrider,

When I have done orders with customers in the showroom, I'm sure I have seen something regarding 60 days before build date, I will check this for you though.

As for the bonnet chequering, I can only imagine it may have something to do with N Cap safety ratings in the UK not having sharp edged steel at head impact height possibly??

Unsure on the gullwing windows, but again I can ask.

As for changes to the car I have been told that they don't really want engine changes happening.

Once I receive our Partner portal logins from Ineos I will have a much better idea of what can and cannot be changed.

Hope some of this helps.

Steve.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you Steve, much appreciated. I was also thinking would be some regulatory safety restriction.

?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Halliwell Jones Chester userid=9007728 postid=1332828926]Hi Everyone,

First of all, thank you for allowing us to join your forum. 

My name is Steve and I am based in Chester UK at Halliwell Jones, we will be delivering vehicles from here along with helping people with their orders. I am sure there are a million questions regarding orders, build dates and delivery times along with much more.

I will do my best to answer as and when I can through this forum for you. 

If you have any ideas or input with regards to what you would like from me, then please feel free to ask.

Please do bear in mind though that this is all new so I won't have the answers for everything yet but I will do my best to find out for you.

Kind Regards

Steve.[/QUOTE]

Steve
Firstly my sincere apologies.
I have just written a reply elsewhere on here saying how we are unlikely to see proper dealers join this forum.  Not only was I incorrect in my assumption, but better still, you are my local dealer!!  A promising start and thank you for stepping forward. Oh, and by the way. Welcome to the site. ?

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:22 AM
Reaction score
Hi Steve, what date is your dealership expecting the delivery of your First demo Grenadier ?

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Crimson, 

We have been told that our demonstrators will be lading with us in September, at which point we will probably be doing an open weekend for everyone to come and look at the car, have a sit "touch and feel". 

Then we will be arranging test drives for everyone who has ordered and looking to order, I think this is the fairest way of doing it so at least everyone has the opportunity to take a look at the car first. I'm sure it will be a good day or two with everyone comparing what they have ordered and when their car will arrive.

Are we your local dealer?

Steve. 

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Cheshire Cat,

Thank you and no need to apologise.

If you direct message me your name, postcode, phone number, email and order number I can load you on to my system then once our partner logins come through I will be able to update you with what we see regarding your build from here.

Steve.

Steve
Firstly my sincere apologies.
I have just written a reply elsewhere on here saying how we are unlikely to see proper dealers join this forum.  Not only was I incorrect in my assumption, but better still, you are my local dealer!!  A promising start and thank you for stepping forward. Oh, and by the way. Welcome to the site. ?[/QUOTE]

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
12:22 PM
Reaction score
Firstly thank you Steve for offering to answer any questions that the forum and community have and being the first dealership to offer yourselves up to the crowd, it is really appreciated.

Secondly everyone please read through the answers offered by Steve before posting, it will help keep things clearer for everyone and save his valuable time. 

Stu.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
No problem at all Stu, I know it's taken a while but we've got there in the end.

Hopefully the forum and the community can help me just as much as I can contribute. 

It's exciting times ahead! 

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have the Ineos regional aftersales manager here today, so if you have any questions you would like me to ask then fire away!!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Excellent - if you get chance to ask about the Gullwing windows which were originally offered but since disappeared from configurator that would be appreciated.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
sorry, one more. Whether possible to purchase another set of 5x 17" steel rims so I can put some MT on during the autumn/winter. tks

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
Hi ECrider,

I have asked the question on Gullwing windows and he is going to look into it for me.

As for another set of wheels they will be able to be ordered through your local dealer, possibly through an Ineos parts Portal. All yet to be confirmed but seems like it will go this way.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for your help Steve. Much appreciated. 

I'm down near Brighton so I think Sevenoaks may be my closest dealer, all alternatively a maiden run down from Cheshire to East Sussex in the IG!!!

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for your help Steve. Much appreciated. 

I'm down near Brighton so I think Sevenoaks may be my closest dealer, all alternatively a maiden run down from Cheshire to East Sussex in the IG!!!

Make a weekend of it and have a night out in Liverpool or Chester!

Sean

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:22 PM
Reaction score
Morning Steve, 
On the morning orders were open I ordered a Station Wagon which I then specked up to what I wanted the car to be (for example steel wheels but not air intake- which combo is only possible via the standard Station Wagon). Soon afterwards I realised that the standard Station wagon is a commercial vehicle with the cargo barrier and shorter back seat leg room etc. Build date is Feb 23. I have asked INEOS if I can change the order to a Belstaff (non-commercial vehicle) but they just say no, I can either cancel and re-order (and lose my allocated build date) or I have to wait until closer to the build date and take a chance that the dealer can change the spec. 
From what you know do you think it's possible to change from a standard Station Wagon to a Belstaff when the dealer calls to confirm closer to the build date?
I also received an email saying my build date would be moved forward as I put the deposit down in 2021 etc, and that they would let me know 'soon'. That was weeks ago and I've heard nothing. any idea? 
Thank you. 

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:22 PM
Reaction score
Dismount the cargo barrier and the seat and remount the seat further back.

See here.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Sean,

As Emax says, I believe you can take the cargo barrier out yes.

Everyone is still yet to receive their partner portal logins apart from a few round the world who are currently testing the system for any bugs.

We have been told that we should have them very soon though.

I know we will be able to change spec but I have never asked about changing the actual model of car itself.

Sean

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:22 PM
Reaction score
Thank you. It would be the same colour, seats, engine etc. so hopefully possible.

Back
Top Bottom