The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Ask the dealer Halliwell Jones Chester UK Q&A Thread

IG Pop

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:48 AM
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be amazed if it’s the missing Full-Height Loadspace Divider that causes trouble. Nowadays you can’t order the Utility Cargo Barrier alone...

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:48 AM
Reaction score
Looks to me like the lower cost is vehicle cost Inc VAT, and the 2nd price is including all OTR costs. Don't forget the huge lump of road tax for an M1 vehicle.

Seems to explain some but not all of the price difference, OTR costs ex VAT for a Trialmaster are listed as:

Screenshot_20220911_223002.jpg

Last edited:

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:48 PM
Reaction score
Hi Steve - (at Haliwell Jones Chester).

Regarding the issue of the left footrest for RHD versions - much has been written on this issue & many of us are trying to establish what it's impact will be.

Therefore, I would like to know;

1. What is your view on it's size, positioning and impact on driving a RHD Grenadier?

2. What feedback have you received from clients/publicon it?

3. What information, if any, have you given and/or received from INEOS about the RHD drivers footrest?

Many thanks

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Regarding the issue of the left footrest for RHD versions - much has been written on this issue & many of us are trying to establish what it's impact will be.

1. What is your view on it's size, positioning and impact on driving a RHD Grenadier?

3. What information, if any, have you given and/or received from INEOS about the RHD drivers footrest?

Many thanks
Good questions - Steve isn’t vertically challenged either.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score

Many thanks
@grenadierboy For reference I'm 6ft 2in and have mainly driven BMW cars for the past number of years. I mention BMW as people tend to say their pedals are offset.

The size of the footrest doesn't offend me in the slightest. The position of it sits closer to the seat than normal but again this hasn't really bothered me. Obviously I've not done any distance in the car but speaking to the guys that have on a personal level they've not complained.

I had been told that the angle was going to become more shallow in its design. I have mentioned the footrest to plenty at INEOS.

As for people getting in the cars at shows, people I have met on the forum or people that have followed the car from day one watching every video made mention it to me.

On the other hand people seeing the car for the first time asking me "is this the new defender" don't even mention the footrest. I think it would be arrogant of me to say it's a placebo effect but I also don't think it's quite as big an issue as certain people make out.

Certain cars have certain quirks to them and still sold thousands, this maybe a quirk of the Grenadier, personally though I don't see it but again this maybe down to how I normally sit in a car and how I position my feet when driving.

It will all be personal opinion at the end of the day and the car won't be for everyone but for those who do buy it I'm sure they'll love it.

Anyway that's my opinion on it, and I'd like to think you guys trust what I say and it's not just because I want to sell more of them.

Steve.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@grenadierboy For reference I'm 6ft 2in and have mainly driven BMW cars for the past number of years. I mention BMW as people tend to say their pedals are offset.

The size of the footrest doesn't offend me in the slightest. The position of it sits closer to the seat than normal but again this hasn't really bothered me. Obviously I've not done any distance in the car but speaking to the guys that have on a personal level they've not complained.

I had been told that the angle was going to become more shallow in its design. I have mentioned the footrest to plenty at INEOS.

As for people getting in the cars at shows, people I have met on the forum or people that have followed the car from day one watching every video made mention it to me.

On the other hand people seeing the car for the first time asking me "is this the new defender" don't even mention the footrest. I think it would be arrogant of me to say it's a placebo effect but I also don't think it's quite as big an issue as certain people make out.

Certain cars have certain quirks to them and still sold thousands, this maybe a quirk of the Grenadier, personally though I don't see it but again this maybe down to how I normally sit in a car and how I position my feet when driving.

It will all be personal opinion at the end of the day and the car won't be for everyone but for those who do buy it I'm sure they'll love it.

Anyway that's my opinion on it, and I'd like to think you guys trust what I say and it's not just because I want to sell more of them.

Steve.
Thanks so much Steve for your precisely stated comments.

I think many will appreciate them and it should help allay the fears some have.

As mentioned before - I did the prototype tour of the Grenadier in Australia last year (and also sat in the driver's seat for a few minutes).

I remember thinking that the drivers foot/pedal area was on the smallish side; that the left footrest was quite wide and it had a fairly steep angle but....but....I don't recall finding it overtly uncomfortable when placing my foot on it and the accelerator. I am 5.10".

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:48 AM
Reaction score
Hi DCPU i factored that in, but assumed that would be a direct payment to the dealer, that still leaves best part of £3,000 un explained.:unsure:
Andrew

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Steve is there any mention of nato plugs it was iii the prickliest but cant find it now or any information on the tow pack
1662973308657.png

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
They are produced by many companies and mostly quite expensive.

This one is from Rottenberger and more on the inexpensive side.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes more than one supplier, but this one was specifically from this supplier.
FB_IMG_1662967992592.jpg

And more than one cable size available so not sure if Ineos have gone for the 50mm² or the 35mm². Screenshot_20220912_132702.jpg

Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have never seen it on the price list in Germany. I would order it in a minute as I wouldn’t had to redesign the cable of my portable compressor.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks so much Steve for your precisely stated comments.

I think many will appreciate them and it should help allay the fears some have.

As mentioned before - I did the prototype tour of the Grenadier in Australia last year (and also sat in the driver's seat for a few minutes).

I remember thinking that the drivers foot/pedal area was on the smallish side; that the left footrest was quite wide and it had a fairly steep angle but....but....I don't recall finding it overtly uncomfortable when placing my foot on it and the accelerator. I am 5.10".
I think it borders on embarrassing that our only official link to Ineos is via Steve who kindly assists us as best he can. So glad he is my local dealer but a bit tedious having no feedback from the builder. On the plus side. I will keep the faith going for now at least.

Back
Top Bottom