The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ask the dealer Halliwell Jones Chester UK Q&A Thread

Local time
4:32 PM
Reaction score
A simple switch somewhere will do.
Ask a car electrician to do it, it won't cost a fortune.

However: be prepared for the display to show warnings about lighting malfunctions.

That's btw not an Ineos decision. The EU, in its infinite wisdom, has issued such a regulation. And Brexit or not, this was likely adopted by the UK.
Not so easy if the lights are on the can bus system but there are always wire cutters

Local time
Reaction score
Where can we get a muff for the Grenadier for cold mornings

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:32 PM
Reaction score
Not so easy if the lights are on the can bus system but there are always wire cutters
Even CAN devices need a power supply. That's the point to break the circuit.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I am quite sure that it's possible. Not all countries have the same regulations for daylight illumination.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
With 'EDIABAS ToolSet 32' you (i.e. someone who has it and knows how to use it) can probably reprogram the minimum setting.
I'm not sure if it's a similar thing, but in the Ford world some smart folks have figured out how to hook up a laptop to the system and you can change all sorts of things. This link will take you to a F150 Forum that discusses it FORScan and if you look at the spreadsheet you can see all of the stuff that can be changed. I used this on my Raptor and was able to permanently disable the auto stop start!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
Why not? who is in charge of the vehicle so iii ii want to drive around a field without glaring lights on I can't.
I guess they just didn't consider that use case.
We had a guy miss the easiest shot one night and couldn't understand why.
Turns out he had hit the radio aerial that nobody thought to put down.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:32 AM
Reaction score
This is interesting as in the US, we can turn all our lights off including DRL. My LR, GMC, and Acura all have the ability.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
From another thread - @CountyV8 (from Ineos customer service) "...The Exterior lights can be switched off completely including the daytime running lights, excluding brake and reverse lights when engaged."

Local time
Reaction score
My mates just had a switch fitted to his 2020 navara to kill the DRLs for when out fox shooting.
My mates just had a switch fitted to his 2020 navara to kill the DRLs for when out fox shooting.
Exactly my point .
From another thread - @CountyV8 (from Ineos customer service) "...The Exterior lights can be switched off completely including the daytime running lights, excluding brake and reverse lights when engaged."
Yes but they don't say iii the engine is running do they .

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Steven,

I have written something here which you can perhaps comment. You have likely seen more Grenadiers than most of us.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Steven,

I have written something here which you can perhaps comment. You have likely seen more Grenadiers than most of us.
I saw the grey/black interior the other day for the first time and really like the look of it. As with any light colour interior on any car, I always say just keep a set of leather wipes in the glove box and give the seats a wipe every now and again to keep on top of them. I’d rather do this than have an interior I don’t want just because it’s easier to keep clean. Hope this helps @emax

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
I saw the grey/black interior the other day for the first time and really like the look of it. As with any light colour interior on any car, I always say just keep a set of leather wipes in the glove box and give the seats a wipe every now and again to keep on top of them. I’d rather do this than have an interior I don’t want just because it’s easier to keep clean. Hope this helps @emax
The stains will be the same regardless the colour of the leather.
You can just see them on the lighter colours.
They are still there on the darker colours.

Back
Top Bottom