The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

UK & Ireland Arrived at Chandlers, Belton

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:24 PM
Reaction score
Our DG, Trialmaster has arrived at Chandlers, Belton yesterday. Went to see it today and subsequently pay for it. All looks brilliant.

Just awaiting Rock Sliders, but said if they have arrived post PDI, would like to collect without them. Also, ordered Rubber Mats.

IMG_7699.jpegIMG_7698.jpegIMG_7697.jpegIMG_7696.jpeg

Last edited:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:24 PM
Reaction score
Nomad, it looks like it was DG Trialmaster week at the factory then, mine has been delivered today at 0930hrs, which is about 10 days earlier than I had been told last weekend.

Looking very nice and I am happy with mine so far, apart from one little nigggle I picked up. On the edge of the floor actually under the plastic edge trim, in the middle at the back. It’s behind the big door and facing down toward the bumper there is some sort of grommet. It looks to be fix in place with a huge globe of glue or epoxy resin, on mine it hasn’t been finished off properly and has left a ridge of dried glue, that is quite visible when the back doors are open. I spotted it straight away. Check two others and those vehicles had been cleaned off and were not visible.

It’s hard to explain and I didn’t take a photo unfortunately.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Nomad, it looks like it was DG Trialmaster week at the factory then, mine has been delivered today at 0930hrs, which is about 10 days earlier than I had been told last weekend.

Looking very nice and I am happy with mine so far, apart from one little nigggle I picked up. On the edge of the floor actually under the plastic edge trim, in the middle at the back. It’s behind the big door and facing down toward the bumper there is some sort of grommet. It looks to be fix in place with a huge globe of glue or epoxy resin, on mine it hasn’t been finished off properly and has left a ridge of dried glue, that is quite visible when the back doors are open. I spotted it straight away. Check two others and those vehicles had been cleaned off and were not visible.

It’s hard to explain and I didn’t take a photo unfortunately.
I didn't do a thorough walk round of mine. Have you collected yours, mine is still at Belton? There is an issue (facts unknown) and to date I do not know when I shall collect.

Once I collect, I will add a thorough set of pictures and video to: https://rockenterprises.co.uk

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My feedback on this vehicle.

POSITIVES

1) Overall impressions - a very robust well constructed vehicle.
2) Fuel consumption to date is around 22-23 mpg (Diesel).
3)The ride is exceptionally good considering its on coil springs and live axle.
4) Steering, is different but you get used to it as others have noted and therefore is not a problem.
5) Air conditioning works well.
6) Seats comfortable.
7) Controls all easy to use (see disadvantages).
8) Headlights very good (love the LED pattern front and rear).
9) Diesel engine performance is as expected, once out of first gear, like any other ZF gearbox on tarmac (cannot comment off road).
10) Accessory market from INEOS and other suppliers is developing fast.

NEGATIVES
1) Warning messages - should be eliminated with software update in 4/5 weeks.
2) No colours on the Radio stations icons (expect a fix with software).
3) No driver grab handle.
4) Script for AC is below the switches, until you learn the switches not easy to identify in comparison to other switches on the centre stack, where the script is above.
5) Compass Digital display unreadable in daylight.
6) RHD - left foot rest could be made smaller and thus benefit people like me who don't like it.
7) Didn't buy a tow bar - mistake as at the moment it cannot be retrofitted.

OVERALL

Very happy with the vehicle and would highly recommend my agent - Chandlers, Belton and Horncastle.

See picture regarding AC script
Lincoln show - 6.jpeg

Last edited:

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Belton, have just completed the Software update and all is now Hunky Dory. No warning messages, no bongs, and what seems like a better vehicle to drive.

Plus, I now have a Cargo Net, Picnic table and mats. Yeh hah!

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think I am going to have to leave the Form for a while. Our car is absolutely fine, I can imagine there maybe issues that require fixing at the dealer, but I don't have worth shouting about. The Software update has eradicated all messages and the interface is now stable.

Only issues that I have is after my wife has been in the vehicle and messes with the HEVAC controls, takes a while to re-establish the desirable setting..

But every time I visit the Forum, the threads of failures depress me. Then I looked at Autotrader and now 89 cars are for sale on the UK site - that must be at least 10% of the cars in the UK, which doesn't help.

It's got to the stage where I am considering selling myself, as I don't want to be stuck with a vehicle that is unsellable. Should I ring the dealer? Sell on Autotrader (I even began the process of listing this morning and stopped)? Or just keep it and not look here.

I think the sensible option is stop visiting the Forum, as the vehicle is fine. For example, was on the A46 to Leics today and it cruises very well at the national speed limit +10. :)

Last edited:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think I am going to have to leave the Form for a while. Our car is absolutely fine, I can imagine there maybe issues that require fixing at the dealer, but I don't have any.The Software update has eradicated all messages and the interface is now stable.

Only issues that I have is after my wife has ben in the vehicle and messes with the HEVAC controls, takes a while to stabilise.

But every time I visit the Forum, the threads of failures depress me. Then I looked at Autotrader and now 89 cars are for sale on the UK site - that must be at least 10% of the cars in the UK, which doesn't help.

It's got to the stage where I am considering selling myself, as I don't want to be stuck with a vehicle that is unsellable. Should I ring the dealer? Sell on Autotrader? Or just keep it and not look here. I think the sensible option is stop visiting the Forum, as the vehicle is fine. Was on the A46 to Leics today and it cruises very well at the national speed limit +.
I would keep the vehicle and stay in the forum.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think I am going to have to leave the Form for a while. Our car is absolutely fine, I can imagine there maybe issues that require fixing at the dealer, but I don't have worth shouting about. The Software update has eradicated all messages and the interface is now stable.

Only issues that I have is after my wife has been in the vehicle and messes with the HEVAC controls, takes a while to re-establish the desirable setting..

It's got to the stage where I am considering selling myself, as I don't want to be stuck with a vehicle that is unsellable. Should I ring the dealer? Sell on Autotrader (I even began the process of listing this morning and stopped)? Or just keep it and not look here.

I think the sensible option is stop visiting the Forum, as the vehicle is fine. For example, was on the A46 to Leics today and it cruises very well at the national speed limit +10. :)
The forum by its nature deals with the faults, extremes, happenings, products and the events that happen. If everyone had an uneventful experience there would be no need for a forum. It is a community and thrives on the eventful and not the mundane. Stay put. And tell the wife to leave the HVAC settings alone.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I have a few trials and tribulations with my Grenadier, but nothing I'm going to worry about, (18 years in old Defenders gives one a slightly fatalistic view of reliability and actually getting to a destination without some drama).

Currently waiting for 06/12/2023, when Jason and the team will be given my Grenadier to sort the lack of warmth to the footwell, the casual footbath on opening the driver's door and water in the driver's footwell.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Minor updates since I bought my vehicle, I have added:
  1. Rubber Mats.
  2. Under Seat Storage bags from Australia.
  3. Picnic Table
  4. Cargo Net
  5. The "V" stickers.
  6. Chandlers Tyre Cover
  7. "It's not a Bl***y Land Rover! sticker.
Ordered:
  1. 2 x Lazers Utility-25 Maxx
  2. Roof Bars
Desire:
  1. Black Sheep light bar
  2. Drawer System + Fridge
  3. 4 x Lazer 7" Sentinels
Notice very few posts in the UK section these days. As we know the board will soon become a N.American oriented board as most of the orders are from the USA according to Lynn Calder.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@DaveB is correct, this Forum has now been monetised and has become totally American emphasised. Interesting that the two top posters have now left @DaveB and @DCPU

The vehicles the N.Americans are driving today, have all the software updates and they can get to drive them on roads during test drives, unlike us in the very early days. The discovery element has gone.

I suppose it's the way these things go, but really there's not a lot to post about these days. Except rediscovering what we found earlier in the year.

Merry Christmas to all, catch up in the New Year! 🍺🥃🌲🎄

Last edited:

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This is my last post on this Forum, I have thought about it for some time. Why: there is far too much speculation without substance and people asking daft questions and most of it is very negative (quite depressing to be honest). I thought I would learn abut the vehicle, I find that I don't really learn anything except why someone doesn't like X or Y.

Regarding our vehicle, it is not perfect, but I am not spending every minute trying to find something wrong with it.

My only negative and it is my only negative is the sticking door button on the drivers side rear.

Minor point is that I would like the steering wheel to be perfectly lines up.

The positives - it all works as expected

Updates since I bought my vehicle, I have added:
  1. Rubber Mats.
  3. Picnic Table
  4. Cargo Net
  5. The "V" stickers.
  6. Chandlers Tyre Cover
  8. 2 x Lazers Utility-25 Maxx
  9. Roof Bars
Desire:
  1. Lazer - 7" Sentinels

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I'll still be here. I'm happy to play the long game, so there will be a time when the Moaning Minnies and the Doubting Thomas's will move on to torture the next newly released vehicle aspirants.

As my Grenadier mellows, I want to be able to draw on experience of the best awning, what tools I need and how to fix the issues that the dealers struggle with. As my truck will probably have a higher mileage than most, I expect I will be writing fixes to common problems in 6+ years time.

Last edited:

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
This is my last post on this Forum, I have thought about it for some time. Why: there is far too much speculation without substance and people asking daft questions and most of it is very negative (quite depressing to be honest). I thought I would learn abut the vehicle, I find that I don't really learn anything except why someone doesn't like X or Y.

Regarding our vehicle, it is not perfect, but I am not spending every minute trying to find something wrong with it.

My only negative and it is my only negative is the sticking door button on the drivers side rear.

1. Rubber Mats.
  3. Picnic Table
  4. Cargo Net
  5. The "V" stickers.
  6. Chandlers Tyre Cover
  9. Roof Bars
Desire:
  1. Lazer - 7" Sentinels
Hope to see you in Scotland if we ever get the ’meet’ together :)

Reactions: Rab

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

1. Rubber Mats.
  3. Picnic Table
  4. Cargo Net
  5. The "V" stickers.
  6. Chandlers Tyre Cover
  9. Roof Bars
Desire:
  1. Lazer - 7" Sentinels
Goodbye GIF

Back
Top Bottom