The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Took delivery of my Trial Master

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:49 AM
Reaction score
Wife and I drove down to Plano Texas (Sewell Ineos Grenadier) to pick up our Trial Master (reserved 9-29-21). We had plenty of communication from Sewell throughout the process including the vehicles arrival in port, when it arrived in Texas, Vin S/N (helped in getting insurance), tow hitch issue, and when it was ready to be picked up. Chance Fuller and Brian Ochoa at Sewell were great to work with as the entire process went off without any glitches or issues in most part due to their expertise and experience in the automotive industry. I was more than pleasantly surprised that all accessories we ordered (full roof rack, tailgate table, rubber floor mats, and sliders) had arrived and were installed. We walked around the vehicle checking for obvious issues (there were none) and paid for the vehicle without first taking a test drive. Really? Who in the heck does that?1 Since I had driven the Grenadier at the Northwest Off Road Park (Bridgeport Texas) there was a good idea of off road performance and due to numerous forum member comments about their on road driving experience I did not see any reason for a test drive as surely it drove better than a Hay Truck (it did). So, we paid for the vehicle and then Brian gave us a quick run thru of vehicle operations and settings before we headed home to NW Arkansas.

I am sure that many have read of some issues (real or imagined or insignificant) of the Grenadier such as no split AC, drone noise at 60-68 mph, ADAS noise, over speed warning noise, cracked windshields, small(ish) cup holders etc. Our vehicle already had the shortcut created to disable the overspeed warnings and that was much appreciated. Lane departure warnings were of the most pleasant sound and not annoying at all however, I still would like to get rid of them though as I am a bit too old school for all this new fangled technology. There was no drone noises and my cup holder held bottled pop and chain gas station fountain drink cups without any problem. Driving was most pleasant as engine response was very good and it climbed to speeds effortlessly. Steering was remarkable well with highway potholes being handled better than my Toyotal 200 Series Land Cruiser riding on Michelin tires. Gas and brake pedal pressure response was excellent. Tipping in corners was better (very minimal-certainly less than my 100 Series Land Cruiser) than expected and mirrored what others in the forum had experienced. There were no rattles at all inside, doors open and close like bank vaults, and visibility out the back was surprisingly very good. Display took about 5 seconds to get used to and I like it quite a bit and will tweak it some after seeing how one can change the settings. Radio sounds ok but really, I did not care if it came with one or not as I have plenty to listen to when my wife is with me. :) Oh, roof rack is solid and there is additional wind noise because of it but, my drive home was not a good indication of how much due to have 20+ mph wind cross wind in Texas and Arkansas. Will be interesting to see how much wind noise there is on a low wind speed day.

Many thanks to Chance and Brian at Sewell Ineos Grenadier for a smooth handover, getting accessories (some luck for both of us) installed and for being knowledgeable about vehicle operations, settings etc. Great guys to deal with.

Last edited:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:49 AM
Reaction score
Wife and I drove down to Plano Texas (Sewell Ineos Grenadier) to pick up our Trial Master (reserved 9-29-21). We had plenty of communication from Sewell throughout the process including the vehicles arrival in port, when it arrived in Texas, Vin S/N (helped in getting insurance), tow hitch issue, and when it was ready to be picked up. Chance Fuller and Brian Ochoa at Sewell were great to work with as the entire process went off without any glitches or issues in most part due to their expertise and experience in the automotive industry. I was more than pleasantly surprised that all accessories we ordered (full roof rack, tailgate table, rubber floor mats, and sliders) had arrived and were installed. We walked around the vehicle checking for obvious issues (there were none) and paid for the vehicle without first taking a test drive. Really? Who in the heck does that?1 Since I had driven the Grenadier at the Northwest Off Road Park (Bridgeport Texas) there was a good idea of off road performance and due to numerous forum member comments about their on road driving experience I did not see any reason for a test drive as surely it drove better than a Hay Truck (it did). So, we paid for the vehicle and then Brian gave us a quick run thru of vehicle operations and settings before we headed home to NW Arkansas.

I am sure that many have read of some issues (real or imagined or insignificant) of the Grenadier such as no split AC, drone noise at 60-68 mph, ADAS noise, over speed warning noise, cracked windshields, small(ish) cup holders etc. Our vehicle already had the shortcut created to disable the overspeed warnings and that was much appreciated. Lane departure warnings were of the most pleasant sound and not annoying at all however, I still would like to get rid of them though as I am a bit too old school for all this new fangled technology. There was no drone noises and my cup holder held bottled pop and chain gas station fountain drink cups without any problem. Driving was most pleasant as engine response was very good and it climbed to speeds effortlessly. Steering was remarkable well with highway potholes being handled better than my Toyotal 200 Series Land Cruiser riding on Michelin tires. Gas and brake pedal pressure response was excellent. Tipping in corners was better (very minimal-certainly less than my 100 Series Land Cruiser) than expected and mirrored what others in the forum had experienced. There were no rattles at all inside, doors open and close like bank vaults, and visibility out the back was surprisingly very good. Display took about 5 seconds to get used to and I like it quite a bit and will tweak it some after seeing how one can change the settings. Radio sounds ok but really, I did not care if it came with one or not as I have plenty to listen to when my wife is with me. :) Oh, roof rack is solid and there is additional wind noise because of it but, my drive home was would not give a good indication of how much due to have 20+ mph wind speed in Texas and Arkansas. Will be interesting to see how much wind noise there is on a low wind speed day.

Many thanks to Chance and Brian at Sewell Ineos Grenadier for a smooth handover, getting accessories (some luck for both of us) installed and for being knowledgeable about vehicle operations, settings etc. Great guys to deal with.
Have fun with your new companion.

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Rovie! Wife and I are looking forward to some adventures long road trips early to mid 2024 so we should have enough time to find and squash some new vehicle bugs by then.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:49 AM
Reaction score
Hope you continue to have fun with it.

You mentioned insurance. Were there any issues getting it for the IG? Thoughts on relative cost?

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hope you continue to have fun with it.

You mentioned insurance. Were there any issues getting it for the IG? Thoughts on relative cost?
Cost was $804.67 for six months. My 2013 Land Cruiser is $471.54 for six months. Cost seems reasonable when compared to my other vehicles as well.

Back
Top Bottom