The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Yesterday I finally slept at home, first contact

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:58 AM
Reaction score
(First of all, sorry for the translation, I don't speak English, so Google does it for me.) Well, after a long wait, I ordered it in May, it arrived at the distributor on November 8th and due to Documentation problems I couldn't pick it up until yesterday morning. afternoon, today I have done about 300 km on it, and my first impressions are very, very, good.

It is a Trialmaster Diesel, today's route was only by road, about 200 km on the highway, and about 100 km along mountain roads with a lot of curves and going from 500m above sea level to 2000m above sea level, with strong steep climbs and descents, I only took it off the road to check that it went from long to short and the three locks worked correctly.

I have to say that I come from a 2015 Porsche Cayenne S (V8, 4.8 400hp) although I also have a Defender 110 Td5, the driving of the Grenadier seemed fantastic to me, I don't really understand my colleagues who complain about the steering Although this has improved compared to the first Units, it seemed perfectly normal to me for a vehicle with rigid axles, it does not reach the precision of the Cayenne of course, but in my opinion it has nothing to envy, if you are aware of What you have in your hands (something that weighs almost 3000Kg and measures more than two meters high), has seemed very direct and very reliable to me from the first moment. and without a doubt the steering is the best 4x4 I have ever driven and I have had quite a few, (Terrano II, Discovery 300 Tdi, Ranger Rover V8, Discoveri Td5, Defender 110 Td5)
The engine change assembly seemed perfect to me, perhaps the engine was a little noisy at low revs, I didn't want to go over 2000 rpm. doing some 120/130 speed to overtake for a few seconds (because of a small break-in), the car accelerates like a locomotive if you step on it, when I picked it up it marked 30 km. As it is released I suppose it will go much better , the brakes are spectacular for the weight of the vehicle, very progressive and effective if you demand them, the interior noise is like that of another type of vehicle, you can talk and listen to music without any problem, without strange noises of any kind, I was surprised that it did There was quite a bit of wind but it didn't seem to affect it at all, the vehicle's fuel consumption indicator indicates an average speed of 82Km/h and a consumption of 12.4l/100. It is true that, as I have told you, I have not tightened it but it seems like a very reasonable consumption. I can tell you little more, on the negative side I have not been able to see the oil level, it told me that for on-road it was correct but it did not let me access the take measurement button which was greyed out, I have tried it several times following what the manual indicates but I have only managed to see what it tells you "Correct for on-Road", has anyone checked if it marks the level or only indicates whether it is correct or not?, and another very important negative aspect that makes me wonder if What I return is that it doesn't have a courtesy mirror on the parasol and my wife I don't know if she can handle it haha. Well, this was just a first contact with my car, although I have to admit that I had already driven a Granadier for a hundred km, courtesy of my dealer. I'll tell you. Greetings Paco

Postscript: I couldn't choose the registration number, a fateful date for my country

Attachments

• IMG_1553.jpg
    IMG_1553.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1554.jpg
    IMG_1554.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1559.jpg
    IMG_1559.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 91

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:58 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for your write-up. I thorougly enjoyed your review. It matches my own experiences, but i have only spent about an hour and a half in the vehicle on a long test drive. Still waiting for delivery.

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Buena traducción de Google Translate, da para entender todo, incluso la broma del espejo para tu mujer ;)

Bienvenido al club.
Thanks Jean, you already know that they are the ones in charge and if there is no mirror ............ hehehehehe

PS: Jean, could you answer the question of how to see the oil level on the monitor, have you seen it, or does it only indicate correct or incorrect?

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for your write-up. I thorougly enjoyed your review. It matches my own experiences, but i have only spent about an hour and a half in the vehicle on a long test drive. Still waiting for delivery.
Patience because everything comes and is worth the wait. Greetings Paco

Back
Top Bottom