The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas ANY WORD YET? (the NA build date and dealer announcement thread)

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:08 AM
Reaction score
It's futile to try to understand this delivery confusion. I've said it before, we've come to expect logic, yet chaos prevails. Yes, they are building lots of vehicles for North America, but there are other factors such as vehicle storage issues at the port, the availability of vehicle carrier vessels, etc. I was an early reservation holder yet my vehicle has not shipped. Others in the US have had theirs for weeks. There are no accelerated deliveries going on now. In fact December will be a slow month for shipments of currently finished vehicles.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I placed my deposit in April of 22, converted to order June 1, 23 and I my grenadier isn't even in production.
Looks like your preorder is 137xx, so it shouldn't be long for you. I placed a deposit 9/29/21 and converted May 31 2023. My order number was 93xx. Dealer says my build date was in July (VIN 64xx) but Ineos estimated Q42023 for my build in an august email update.

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like your preorder is 137xx, so it shouldn't be long for you. I placed a deposit 9/29/21 and converted May 31 2023. My order number was 93xx. Dealer says my build date was in July (VIN 64xx) but Ineos estimated Q42023 for my build in an august email update.
I believe you are correct. Hopefully I will be doing some summer road trips in 24.

Cheers.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I believe you are correct. Hopefully I will be doing some summer road trips in 24.

Cheers.
Hopefully with an ADAS fix and less leaks than I expect with my build which is essentially a '23!

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@PNW_IG I'd bet money that they queued you based on your later initial deposit.
I have seen people post here with preorder numbers much higher that have been built and are waiting transport. It will get here eventually, I was just trying to add context to the earlier "nope" conversation.

TanisIndependentTraders

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:08 AM
Reaction score
My reservation number is 13,xxx and I configured day 1. Received my deposit refund the first week of November. My dealer is Knauz in Lake Bluff, IL but they don't seem to know anything more than "Q1 2024." When I was there last week they had a couple dozen on the lot, including a couple with winches.

I wish they could tell me if it was January or March as "Q1" is not that specific. //just venting//

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:08 AM
Reaction score
My reservation number is 13,xxx and I configured day 1. Received my deposit refund the first week of November. My dealer is Knauz in Lake Bluff, IL but they don't seem to know anything more than "Q1 2024." When I was there last week they had a couple dozen on the lot, including a couple with winches.

I wish they could tell me if it was January or March as "Q1" is not that specific. //just venting//
Did they give you a VIN? If so you can chat w IA and they can look it up and update you.

TanisIndependentTraders

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Did they give you a VIN? If so you can chat w IA and they can look it up and update you.
no. I see others getting VINs assigned but so far crickets on anything moving to the next step. I'm trying to convince myself if delivery is before the end of April I should be happy. FWIW I waited 4 years for my R1S and Rivian was terrible with communications.

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

yes, sadly the same experience so far, they only seem to be able to tell me it's "in Port" awaiting transit. Chatted with Ineos via web, and they said it "is in transport".
I was told in Oct to expect by "year end" as (their words) our vehicle "is one of the first", at this point I'm very doubtful that will happen.

Kind of shocking, given how they have BMW and MB (& LR etc), each should have access to VinView to be able to track the vehicle.

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

It will probably be March… we can grab some Chinese food afterwards together.

Dagger22

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I end in 10257 - if you see that let me know!!!
Krabby - was playing around on the Wallenius site and found that the Tijuca left Zeebrugge on 12/13 with 127 Grenadiers on it and your is one of them. Mine is on as well. ETA to Baltimore is 12/29. End is in site!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Krabby - was playing around on the Wallenius site and found that the Tijuca left Zeebrugge on 12/13 with 127 Grenadiers on it and your is one of them. Mine is on as well. ETA to Baltimore is 12/29. End is in site!
What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

A1B2C3D4

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Are you noping my statement? Because it came from Ineos at my drive event and I've seen nothing to show that it's been incorrect so far. They aren't necessarily getting the trucks to the earliest handraisers first, otherwise I'd have mine. However, they did build a massive number of trucks for the US after the summer break as I was told by the Ineos rep.
The nope is in reference to January delivery only.

jcurtin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
yes, sadly the same experience so far, they only seem to be able to tell me it's "in Port" awaiting transit. Chatted with Ineos via web, and they said it "is in transport".
I was told in Oct to expect by "year end" as (their words) our vehicle "is one of the first", at this point I'm very doubtful that will happen.

Kind of shocking, given how they have BMW and MB (& LR etc), each should have access to VinView to be able to track the vehicle.
Heads up if Chicago is your dealer... they now have 28 listed on website vs. 15 yesterday. Good news for some midwest folks.

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Heads up if Chicago is your dealer... they now have 28 listed on website vs. 15 yesterday. Good news for some midwest folks.
yep checked this AM and still our vehicle is not among them.. getting a bit annoyed at this point due to lack of any communication/updates.

Back
Top Bottom