The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas ANY WORD YET? (the NA build date and dealer announcement thread)

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:33 AM
Reaction score
I think that some folks here missed the recent posts observing that deposit and reservation or pre-order dates are only an approximation and generally mean nothing. If you're trying to make sense of this, get over it. We expect order, yet chaos prevails. And so far, very few, if any, Grenies have shipped from Europe to the USA in December.. Not like in November. Transport ships are already full and lots of vehicles that were heading to Russia (not Ineos) are taking up a lot of real estate in Zeebrugge since the sanctions against Russia are preventing luxury vehicles from going there. Some members here including myself have finished vehicles waiting at Ineos for shipment across the Atlantic. That could still take weeks to get on board.

Last edited:

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You may have received other replies already address these concerns and so here is my 2 cents ... I reserved 15 Oct 2021, preordered within 4 days of option back in June/July? - remember they stated that it was essentially a 30 day open window to preorder and your "place in line" was determined on your reservation date (did you mean converted to order 6/1/2023?? and not 2022). After "preorder" window closed, all that info was sorted then officially put into the System weeks later thus why the website indicates "Aug 15th". Website would be accurate to that point. Past that, get your dealer to give you your VIN and follow the WW ships crossing the Atlantic for the most accurate "arrival" date 😉 .
Remain positive as some of us have been in this Queue much longer ☺️ and I can say I totally understand! The video this week was just another "egg on face" event and we have had a few too many of those honestly.
Cheers!
Thanks for the reply. I converted in 2023, not 2022 to hold my place in line. No VIN because it is not in production yet, but I look forward to getting one soonish. I am staying positive and understand others have had a longer wait. I was just disappointed my delivery changed from Q1 to Q2 and "place in line" has a different meaning than I expected. I hope I didn't come off like I was ranting. I I just wanted to understand why a preorder 6 months after mine has been built and mine was not. I am not a manufacturing expert so 6 months may be normal - it would have been nice if Ineos communicated that. I am not bitter, I am looking forward to having a great vehicle, hopefully by summer 24. Thanks again for the reply.

Cheers.

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:33 AM
Reaction score
Correct - 18 vehicle inventory listed on Knauz (Chicagoland) website are all pre-orders and listed as SOLD!
Surprising (to me at least) are their COLORS:
Sela Green - 7 (39%)
Donny Grey - 3
Scottish White - 2
Sterling Silver - 2
Eldoret Blue - 2
Shale Blue - 1 (my color but not my IG)
Queens Red - 1 (heavily optioned)
Magic Mushroom - 0
Inky Black - 0
Britannia Blue - 0
They are down to 15 now, none of which are mine sadly.. "in transport" is all I can get from INEOS.

TRAILMASTER

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Appears one each - Scottish White, Shale Blue and Sela Green have been picked up?
Anyone here? Pics? Congrats!

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What's the last 4 of your VIN? A ship left Belgium today with ten. I'm tracking it, though I'm not on it. You may be.
7420. Supposedly landed Stateside Nov 6/7 via the Carmen.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:33 AM
Reaction score
What's the last 4 of your VIN? A ship left Belgium today with ten. I'm tracking it, though I'm not on it. You may be.
I end in 10257 - if you see that let me know!!!

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, it was discharged in Baltimore on 11/16. Shouldn't be long for you now. You can track it domestically using the VIN.
WOW! Had no idea. Thanks a mill!
Also, I too would love to know how one tracks VIN once state side.
Edit: Several online search of multiple transport companies and none return a result for the VIN (without paying a fee). Four + weeks to travel from MD to IL seems crazy..

Thanks again!!

Last edited:

zvakanaka

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I pick up my Slate Blue Fieldmaster tomorrow wahoo!
Preorder date was Dec 2021
Config & Order date was July 2023
Ineos build acceptance date was Aug 14th.
Truck was built in early October and arrived Brunswick GA on the 5th November on the Morning Claire (my grand daughter's name Claire)
It took 6 weeks to make it from the Brunswick Georgia port to my dealer in St petersburg FL.

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I pick up my Slate Blue Fieldmaster tomorrow wahoo!
Preorder date was Dec 2021
Config & Order date was July 2023
Ineos build acceptance date was Aug 14th.
Truck was built in early October and arrived Brunswick GA on the 5th November on the Morning Claire (my grand daughter's name Claire)
It took 6 weeks to make it from the Brunswick Georgia port to my dealer in St petersburg FL.
thanks for the rundown. I guess 4+ weeks is the new norm.

Gibby

Donny Grey, White Roof, Red Frame, much more.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I visited RDS on Saturday. The Manager told me that they have 51 units on ground and so far, only 5 customers from their entire sold list have burped. They admitted to me that ISA is problem and that INEOS has a fix in the works but could not give me a timeframe. There is a simplified way to deactivate ISA that has been shown in one of the threads. RDS said that after deactivating ISA you can shut off the vehicle for up to 10 minutes and can restart without having to go through to deactivation process again. This would be better but nowhere near ideal.
I have not had a chance to test their claims as my vehicle is still at port.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I visited RDS on Saturday. The Manager told me that they have 51 units on ground and so far, only 5 customers from their entire sold list have burped. They admitted to me that ISA is problem and that INEOS has a fix in the works but could not give me a timeframe. There is a simplified way to deactivate ISA that has been shown in one of the threads. RDS said that after deactivating ISA you can shut off the vehicle for up to 10 minutes and can restart without having to go through to deactivation process again. This would be better but nowhere near ideal.
I have not had a chance to test their claims as my vehicle is still at port.
Burped? There's only 2 kinds of customers. Those who burp, and those who lie about it.

Back
Top Bottom