The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Any owners regret getting/not getting safari windows?

Local time
8:33 PM
Reaction score
Anyone regret getting (or not getting) safari windows? I've seen some of the potential drain tube leak threads, just wondering what owners opinions on them are so far.

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:33 AM
Reaction score
Love my safari windows . I think they transform the driving experience. More light in the cabin and when an existential crisis hits while in traffic you can look up at the sky .
Ahahhaha .

Joking aside they are awesome .

Hope it helps .

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have safari window. No leaks whatsoever. Good to have light in the cabin which was my main reason. Need to learn how to close them without trapping your fingers on the mechanism. Also, when propped fully open, some rattling from the hinge when going over bumps. Good to have the option of taking out the windows, although I may never do this. Overall I recommend as it can’t be retro fitted afterwards.

Makers52129

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:33 PM
Reaction score
Anyone regret getting (or not getting) safari windows? I've seen some of the potential drain tube leak threads, just wondering what owners opinions on them are so far.
I have always avoided Sun roofs like a blind date. You over pay and it never seems to ends well! But I did order the Fieldmaster and will likely take it to a tint shop have it tinted as dark as I can.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
not sure any leaks have been confirmed related to the Safari windows so far.
You might be right, but I swear I have read several owners getting leaks via the sunroof - some on odd inclinations. Am I thinking of another leak?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:33 AM
Reaction score
You might be right, but I swear I have read several owners getting leaks via the sunroof - some on odd inclinations. Am I thinking of another leak?
Jean has some leaks, but pretty sure not attributable to Safari windows, some have had door seal issues, one I saw looked like an aircon condensate drain issue. Have not seen any that look specifically like a Safari Window issue. If you look at the design, aside from user error, you would effectively need a double failure to get one, the drain getting clogged and the seal failing. Undoubtably over time like all sunroofs these things will start to happen to some people, but unlikely on new cars.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
ive decided to get them, like Andrew so far seen nothing verified, or even sounding likely to be safari panel related leaks. Not very worried about over the years wear, because it is a dead flat and small panel, replacing the rubber seal should have a good chance of fixing any later issue, a simple enough thing to do.
still havent seen any internal drain channel/tube, which I will want to stay on top of not getting gunked up. Im hoping that one has been well thought through, if it is part of the design.
would love a photo if an owner has found a drain of this type.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I can’t recall one, I’d be happy for you to correct me though.
Some water ingress when people open the door after heavy rain reported from a dodgy door seal, easily fixed by putting it where it should be.
I think Jean had some water in a footwell, cause unknown? A few with aircon condensation but I’ve had that from time to time in most vehicles.

I didn’t order them, $3000 that can go towards something more useful and I rarely use the sunroof I have now.

Last edited:

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I can’t recall one, I’d be happy for you to correct me though.
Some water ingress when people open the door after heavy rain reported from a dodgy door seal, easily fixed by putting it where it should be.
I think Jean had some water in a footwell, cause unknown? A few with aircon condensation but I’ve had that from time to time in most vehicles.

I didn’t order them, $3000 that can go towards something more useful and I rarely use the sunroof I have now.
Yeah I have never used them. UV13 plus in QLD says it is a bad idea haha. 3K would probably buy half the tray and fridge rack space in the rear... money well spent to grab a coldie after a long days drive!

Schoeniman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:33 AM
Reaction score
Love my safari windows . I think they transform the driving experience. More light in the cabin and when an existential crisis hits while in traffic you can look up at the sky .
Ahahhaha .

Joking aside they are awesome .

Hope it helps .
100% agree!! Way better „room feeling“ with the Safari windows

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
ive decided to get them, like Andrew so far seen nothing verified, or even sounding likely to be safari panel related leaks.
Don't ask me to point to specific posts, but there's been several comments related to the safari windows and not sealing/leaking. The fact that Ineos have brought out a revised seal and possibly still doing more work on it also tells a story.

I'm not saying they aren't a good idea...

still havent seen any internal drain channel/tube, which I will want to stay on top of not getting gunked up. Im hoping that one has been well thought through, if it is part of the design.
would love a photo if an owner has found a drain of this type.
It's been posted before...front right:
FB_IMG_1668841707757.jpg

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Don't ask me to point to specific posts, but there's been several comments related to the safari windows and not sealing/leaking. The fact that Ineos have brought out a revised seal and possibly still doing more work on it also tells a story.

I'm not saying they aren't a good idea...

It's been posted before...front right:
View attachment 7817376
I too have read this on this forum that several safari windows owners had leaks/something wrong with the seals. Anyway, its $3K spent well or not. I would spend $3K on fitting out the cargo space for travel in my view anyway.

Back
Top Bottom