The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Nomad eSIM anyone?

LeftCoastOverland

Production/Transit
Local time
7:01 AM
Reaction score
I just got a new iPhone 15 for my journey to Aus, and found an eSIM provider named Nomad, they sell data packages for travelers at a reasonable price.
Wondering if anyone here has had any experience using them, or any of the competitors now that physical SIM cards are getting phased out.

Nomad website

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just got a new iPhone 15 for my journey to Aus, and found an eSIM provider named Nomad, they sell data packages for travelers at a reasonable price.
Wondering if anyone here has had any experience using them, or any of the competitors now that physical SIM cards are getting phased out.

Nomad website

I use Nomad for overseas travel and have found the service to be good. At the moment Nomad is my preferred eSim provider. I also use Nomad for local providers if my mobile carrier is encountering an issues (a good backup).

I previously used Airalo but have gone off them due to issues both installing and activating their service.

Both providers are aggregate providers, offering other carrier services.

LeftCoastOverland

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I use Nomad for overseas travel and have found the service to be good. At the moment Nomad is my preferred eSim provider. I also use Nomad for local providers if my mobile carrier is encountering an issues (a good backup).

I previously used Airalo but have gone off them due to issues both installing and activating their service.

Both providers are aggregate providers, offering other carrier services.
Great. Thanks for the info 👍

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:01 PM
Reaction score
My son used Orange for year in Belgium. He said it worked very well, great coverage and hefty amount of data for the price.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:01 AM
Reaction score

Nomhttps://www.nperf.com/en/map/AU/-/2326.Optus/signal/?ll=-35.07213865677091&lg=136.01&zoom=3ad website
Bit late to the party, but check what provider the Nomad Sim uses, if it uses Telstra that that is great. Optus is a distant second, but any others you will find will be second tier providers and will have limited range. Check the range map here - https://www.nperf.com/en/map/AU/-/2326.Optus/signal/?ll=-35.07213865677091&lg=136.01&zoom=3

LeftCoastOverland

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Bit late to the party, but check what provider the Nomad Sim uses, if it uses Telstra that that is great. Optus is a distant second, but any others you will find will be second tier providers and will have limited range. Check the range map here - https://www.nperf.com/en/map/AU/-/2326.Optus/signal/?ll=-35.07213865677091&lg=136.01&zoom=3
I think it’s Optus.
Telstra offers one as well with data and voice/text but I have to be in country with documents to create an account.
I’d like to have data when I arrive though, just to muddle through until I get to the Telstra office.

Back
Top Bottom