The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Safari windows and heat

petercgiugni

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
11:09 AM
Reaction score
Anyone with safari windows living in a hot climate? I love them in theory but wondering if I would regret in the hot and sunny Aussie summer. Both when driving or getting into the front seats on a 35+ degree day when the vehicle has been in a car park all afternoon.

Would appreciate any experiences people may have

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:09 PM
Reaction score
Anyone with safari windows living in a hot climate? I love them in theory but wondering if I would regret in the hot and sunny Aussie summer. Both when driving or getting into the front seats on a 35+ degree day when the vehicle has been in a car park all afternoon.

Hi Petercgiugni, I have pre-ordered a trail master with the safari windows as they are a cool part of the DNA of the Grenadier and create additional head space and light.
I have always figured that it the built-in tint is not enough to stop any heat build up, I would simply get some window tint film installed on the inside. I would recommend giving the safari windows some serious thought on including them on your build. DaBull

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:09 PM
Reaction score

Hottest day with them was probably around 30ºC, in direct sunlight, and in comparison to those without the safari windows, no real difference. Unless of course you remove them and let the sun shine directly in. At that point it is quite warm.

Spending most of the day parked in the Southern California desert sun also had virtually no notable difference between with/without the safari windows. Popping them open, however, created a MASSIVE difference in cooling between the vehicles. Honestly, having the windows popped negated the need for running AC many times.

Local time
3:09 AM
Reaction score
Two weeks ago I had a Greni with Safari Windows for a weekend to test the daily business. That weekend we had 30 degrees in Switzerland too. It was brutal hot below the windows, in addition the AC was not properly working. But in the discussions with other owners it looks like the heat protection is not strong enough. An other coating is needed. And I heard that companies also working on sunshades for these windows.

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It is not so much about how hot the day is, it is more about the angle of the sun in the sky. Those furthest from the equator will suffer the intensity of the sun the least - through their safari windows..

petercgiugni

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
It is not so much about how hot the day is, it is more about the angle of the sun in the sky. Those furthest from the equator will suffer the intensity of the sun the least - through their safari windows..
Wise words!

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Two weeks ago I had a Greni with Safari Windows for a weekend to test the daily business. That weekend we had 30 degrees in Switzerland too. It was brutal hot below the windows, in addition the AC was not properly working. But in the discussions with other owners it looks like the heat protection is not strong enough. An other coating is needed. And I heard that companies also working on sunshades for these windows.
Sunshades I'm thinking are something Ineos should have had as part of the Safari window package, hopefully some good aftermarket options will show up.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Seems like you could have several orders if you wanted!

I was thinking something along the lines of these, but obviously fitted for the Safari windows. Our old XC70 had something similar to block the sun, but still maintain visibility on the rear side windows.

1688588442009.png

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:09 PM
Reaction score
How are those attached? Are those screws/bolts through the windows?
if i recall, they are typically held in place by expansion of the screen "body" , ie "fat man in a little suit"

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
if i recall, they are typically held in place by expansion of the screen "body" , ie "fat man in a little suit"
chris farley fat guy in a little coat GIF

Eric.S.

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:09 PM
Reaction score
Yes with suction cups, works great;)

Attachments

• IMG_1690.jpeg
    IMG_1690.jpeg
    142 KB · Views: 46

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
If you're concerned about a hot interior I hope you haven't gone for leather seats!
Your posterior might cop a grilling.

Local time
Reaction score
Im more worried about the A/C keeping the cabin cool more than I am about the windows.
I can always tint/cover the windows.

Back
Top Bottom