The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Aftermarket Suppliers with dedicated Grenadier gear

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:48 PM
Reaction score
That green looks more like a Raptor type paint and texture, now that would be hard wearing and perfect for a safari vehicle.

Would also be the most popular choice for IG customers as well I think. Especially for serious off road users and Chelsea tractor owners.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:48 PM
Reaction score
My co-pilot today at the Seattle event said that there was someone from Goose Gear taking detailed measurements at a prior event. I have a set of their drawers in my 4Runner and would love a set for the grenadier.

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:48 AM
Reaction score
I am curious where they put all the functions and switches from the overhead panel as the safari version is missing the roof.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:48 AM
Reaction score
I am curious where they put all the functions and switches from the overhead panel as the safari version is missing the roof.
Some here:
Screenshot_20230512_210626_com.android.chrome.jpg

And the rest appear to be on an upright panel behind the cubby box, although the switches appear to be not standard ones but more like Carling rocker switches.

Schoeniman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As an alternative to the rhino rack (through Ineos), Frontrunner have two options posted to their website. Of course, they have many accessories already for their racks...
and the Frontrunner setup sits very nicely and secure on the roof of the Grenadier. Best part: it works with the Safari Windows open!!!
RTT is the iKamper Skycamp 3.0 combined with the Quick Pitch 270 WeathershadeIMG_5536.jpeg

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am curious about that front brush guard. I haven’t seen one with expanded medal

The whole vehicle is a bespoke conversion most likely made by http://www.kavangoengineering.com/ which is now a subsidiary of IA, trading under the name INEOS Kavango (a merger notice can be found via google search).

Could be a way to gain know-how for entering the safari vehicle and armed forces markets…

Last edited:

HorstVoll

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
and the Frontrunner setup sits very nicely and secure on the roof of the Grenadier. Best part: it works with the Safari Windows open!!!
RTT is the iKamper Skycamp 3.0 combined with the Quick Pitch 270 WeathershadeView attachment 7811504
Very nice setup Schoeniman.

I guess we see 2 novelties here on the forum:
1. First production Grenny fitted with the FR rack
2. First production Grenny with RTT (apart from the prototypes which were fitted with RTT for demo purposes…)

Is there a specific reason why you chose the particular awning over the AluC. or BushC.?

Would love to see more pictures, especially in action.

Could you measure how much height the FR rack adds on top of the roof at the highest point?

Last edited:

Schoeniman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Very nice setup Schoeniman.

I guess we see 2 novelties here on the forum:
1. First production Grenny fitted with the FR rack
2. First production Grenny with RTT (apart from the prototypes which were fitted with RTT for demo purposes…)

Is there a specific reason why you chose the particular awning over the AluC. or BushC.?

Would love to see more pictures, especially in action.

Could you measure how much height the FR rack adds on top of the roof at the highest point?
Hi Horst, Michael here,

regarding the awning I reviewed more or less ALL available review videos on Youtube.
Selection criteriaIMG_5539.jpeg:
1. square meter of coverage
2. easiness of opening/closing
3. quality and sturdiness of materials used

Quick pitch: The Weathershade offers significantly more shade (15sqm) and is very easy to open and close. (which might be true for most 270 awnings)
It is super stable WITHOUT the incl. supporting pole.
FrontRunner: One reason NOT to take the Rhino Rack, was the fact, that you can't "tune" the available coverage. With the FR slimline, I left out one bar just over the Safari Windows, which allows me to open and use them. BTW: the Safari Windows are a must from my perspective. We've just travelled 1300km from Bad Toelz to Puglia and come rain or shine, the Safari Windows give you a much better "atmosphere in the car. Nobody should underestimate how low the windshield is = dark inside without the Safari windows.
We've installed the rack WITHOUT the 1cm additional spacers that FR provides with the Rack and it works fine for us.

Lacking the right measurement tool right now, I've at least took a couple of shots to demonstrate the space available. Hope that helps...
Let me know in case you need more Info.

IMG_5538.jpegIMG_5540.jpeg

Local time
10:48 PM
Reaction score
That was completely new to me and I did a little research. Apparently there is a „wallah“ with muslim roots that is used in French, German and probably some other languages as it made its way into the local slang. I would still guess that @Tazzieman ‘s example is true. Somewhat like dandelion rather then dent-de-lion…
Wallah and Wala are two different words and mean different too. Wala is "Someone" and usually used within a context like "Sale Wala" meaning a person who sells. Wallah means great ....

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:48 PM
Reaction score
The Europeans now have (colourful) window insulation: https://overland-europe.com/blidimax-custom-made-insulated-window-coverings-for-ineos-grenadier/

Blidimax-Grenadier_FI.jpg

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:48 PM
Reaction score
RTT is the iKamper Skycamp 3.0 combined with the Quick Pitch 270 Weathershade

Schoeniman, will you please let us know the dynamic and static load rating for your Front Runner rack, and whether the load capacity is lowered for off-road use? I'm not seeing that information on Front Runner's web page for the Slimline II rack, or in their installation guides. Thanks.

Schoeniman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Schoeniman, will you please let us know the dynamic and static load rating for your Front Runner rack, and whether the load capacity is lowered for off-road use? I'm not seeing that information on Front Runner's web page for the Slimline II rack, or in their installation guides. Thanks.
Hi Loc Nar,
I only know the weight of the Rack, which is 52kg.
regards
michael

Reactions: PBD
Back
Top Bottom