The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Aftermarket Suppliers with dedicated Grenadier gear

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:06 AM
Reaction score
Why not start an own business for Gren accessories? If prices are _that_ high???

Or is it as always: If you come to trying yourself, then you see that it's not as easy as expected....
and often ends up more expensive :D

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:06 PM
Reaction score
I am a developer myself, not only of software. And I know very well the difference between "works" and "ready for market". To become "market-ready", there can easily be an additional 400% of the "works" effort.

But when a product is sold many times, the cost is spread over all the copies. Especially if a product is just a variation of something existing.

And I compare with the prices I know from not so long ago.

Whether it's inflation, wages, or energy, they all take their toll. So that's not a complaint about manufacturers' prices, that's just a fact. But I think that with the general increase in prices, some higher margins are also being taken.

But no one has to buy. And the manufacturers and dealers will notice that at some point.

Provided that the market still works ...

EDIT: wording

Last edited:

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Spelling buffs, is it maneuver or manoeuvre. As a dual English/Australian passport holder I've always spelt (and not spelled) it like the French do. The correct way :LOL:
I thought, the Brits spell it French, the Americans the simpler way :)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You mean as as with "wala" for "voila" 🥴
As far as I know, the French "wala" is not really related to "voila".
It comes from "Allah", and is used mainly, but not only, by French people from North African origin. Even in Belgium it is used, my oldest son also uses it sometimes.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
It comes from "Allah", and is used mainly, but not only, by French people from North African origin. Even in Belgium it is used, my oldest son also uses it sometimes.
That was completely new to me and I did a little research. Apparently there is a „wallah“ with muslim roots that is used in French, German and probably some other languages as it made its way into the local slang. I would still guess that @Tazzieman ‘s example is true. Somewhat like dandelion rather then dent-de-lion…

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:06 PM
Reaction score
Interesting fact for you on then

Wallah/walla is also crack cocaine

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting fact for you on then

Wallah/walla is also crack cocaine
Let me try that on my dealer. But I am afraid that here in Bavaria, he‘ll probably sell me a catfish (Waller) instead of the good stuff.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:06 AM
Reaction score
What I was alluding to was that people who have never studied/ read French words just spell things as they hear them.
In general , spelling standards have dropped massively in the past few decades and many young journalists are too lazy to spell check. Even though a computer can help them with their writings...
Sloppy standards!

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Let me try that on my dealer. But I am afraid that here in Bavaria, he‘ll probably sell me a catfish (Waller) instead of the good stuff.
Your dealer seems to be well sorted

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:06 PM
Reaction score
Spelling buffs, is it maneuver or manoeuvre. As a dual English/Australian passport holder I've always spelt (and not spelled) it like the French do. The correct way :LOL:
Do we have grounds to reject on handover for misspelled labels?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:06 PM
Reaction score
Why not start an own business for Gren accessories? If prices are _that_ high???

Or is it as always: If you come to trying yourself, then you see that it's not as easy as expected....
Sometimes yes, but also an item is priced according to the type of person buying it. As an example a pair of deck shoes or a stainless steel shackle in a chandlers in 5 to 10 times the price of the item in other shops.

A side light originally used in a Austin Maestro is £5 but same item used in a Rolls Royce is £35 at their parts counter.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Sometimes yes, but also an item is priced according to the type of person buying it. As an example a pair of deck shoes or a stainless steel shackle in a chandlers in 5 to 10 times the price of the item in other shops.

A side light originally used in a Austin Maestro is £5 but same item used in a Rolls Royce is £35 at their parts counter.
Certainly true. But this example doesn't really fit or convince in our case here...

If something is specially designed for the Gren, and only fits there, it doesn't help to go to a Lada accessories shop and ask for parts.
If you, e.g., look at that:
www.amazon.de/-/en/F-Design-Transport-Luggage-Grille-5-Door/dp/B07TKXF126
I bet only very few people here would call this appropriate for their Gren. But the price is also substantial, even if it is for a Lada.
Please: No offence against Lada drivers or Lada intended!! Amazing vehicles, honestly! But the vehicle is different/not as costly as a Gren, but the accessories are comparatively expensive...

As I said: Feel free to design, produce and offer that kind of stuff. I'll take any bet that you can't be significantly cheaper if you have to make your living based on that business.

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
the prices to black sheep innovations own shop

You might want to compare pricing to Black Sheep‘s own online shop. From Germany it might make sense to do a trip, enjoy Switzerland and buy from the manufacturer at his price. Price difference seems to be significant although German VAT might explain partially.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You might want to compare pricing to Black Sheep‘s own online shop. From Germany it might make sense to do a trip, enjoy Switzerland and buy from the manufacturer at his price. Price difference seems to be significant although German VAT might explain partially.

And if you install it right away nobody will ask for it at the boarder. At least if you wash the whole car before coming back or use some mud spray to blend the new parts in

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
but you don't do that!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter