The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

ADAS

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:28 AM
Reaction score
I see all the latest versions of the Grenadier in the U.K. now come with Advanced Driver Assist Systems (ADAS). I’m pleased I got one of the early Grenadiers as I wouldn’t want all that extra assistance and complicated electronics IMG_0320.png

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:28 PM
Reaction score
I wonder though if, say you were to sell it in 4-5 years time, it would be less saleable in the "general market" because it didn't have these things. I'm thinking people will buy a '24 ahead of a '23 for this reason, despite what a number of people on here say.

Back in 2000 I bought the first TD Prado 90 - got it in the first 1-2 months of them coming to Australia.
At that time you could only buy a manual (suited me) and the TX, second top spec, was pretty spartan.
12 months later, for the same money the TX came with about 10 extra things on it worth $4-5k. Toyota pull that shit all the time with new models.

I suppose one benefit for those in before November 22 is that there "might" be some premium on resale.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:28 AM
Reaction score
I see all the latest versions of the Grenadier in the U.K. now come with Advanced Driver Assist Systems (ADAS). I’m pleased I got one of the early Grenadiers as I wouldn’t want all that extra assistance and complicated electronics View attachment 7819932
That’s what NA spec includes too. Disappointingly no blind spot warning though. Would gladly trade the others for it.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That’s what NA spec includes too. Disappointingly no blind spot warning though. Would gladly trade the others for it.
NA spec does not have ADAS as outlined above. Below just taken from configuration.

IMG_3857.png
IMG_3858.png

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This was in the US Brochure.

IMG_0590.jpeg

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting it doesn't look like any of the ADAS have crept into the Australian spec from what I can see.
It seems it has. I'm curious how many spare 23 model windscreens Will be stocked haha.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230714-114812.png
    Screenshot_20230714-114812.png
    138.3 KB · Views: 24

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It seems it has. I'm curious how many spare 23 model windscreens Will be stocked haha.
OK, you have to click the standard Grenadier to see that, as it's not listed in the Trialmaster of Fieldmaster.
Funny how none of these features is listed in the new sales brochure either.

One thing I did notice in the Configurator is that in the Fieldmaster doesn't show the Premium Sound as standard, yet these are noted in the brochure or the price list as standard now.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I see all the latest versions of the Grenadier in the U.K. now come with Advanced Driver Assist Systems (ADAS). I’m pleased I got one of the early Grenadiers as I wouldn’t want all that extra assistance and complicated electronics View attachment 7819932
Not in Australian spec yet
Must think we are still capable of driving solo.
Or they realise the wife fulfils all of those functions anyway.
  • Do you have to go that fast?
  • Those white lines not clear enough for you?
  • The car in front is braking!
  • Do you need me to drive?

1689305152179.png

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not in Australian spec yet
Must think we are still capable of driving solo.
Or they realise the wife fulfils all of those functions anyway.
  • Do you have to go that fast?
  • Those white lines not clear enough for you?
  • The car in front is braking!
  • Do you need me to drive?

View attachment 7819945

That's what I thought Dave, but if you click on the base level IG in the configurator "show features", it lists them there. See Yippe's post above. But nothing in the new brochure as you can see.

ADAS Aus.jpeg

As I said, I reckon there's a bit of dodge info in the docs so who knows.

For example:
No mention fo the PTO as standard in the Trialmaster in the brochure - it's in the configurator. I'm actually wondering if the config page for Australia is correct??
Page 50 - Advanced Alarm listed as an Option on the Trial and Field spec but it's included as standard with the smooth pack.
Page 56 notes the kerb weight of the Quartermaster as EXACTLY the same as the station wagon - do you reckon that's right?? That would be a extraordinary coincidence don't you think given different dimensions etc etc. If it's different in reality, then fuel economy would be different as well.

See the below numbers for the diesel station wagon - the numbers are marginally different to the other diesel configs. Why would that be other than a typo??

Powertrain.jpeg

There's other stuff, but you get my point......

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I turn this system off as soon as I get in to my DMAX. I think it disables everything but the 'warnings' and the AEB. For example, it will still come up screen that I need to BRAKE if it detects a slowing / turning vehicle. I never use speed/offset... because 90% of the time you just get cut off by other far more impatient people taking you 'safe braking zone' on the highway.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I turn this system off as soon as I get in to my DMAX. I think it disables everything but the 'warnings' and the AEB. For example, it will still come up screen that I need to BRAKE if it detects a slowing / turning vehicle. I never use speed/offset... because 90% of the time you just get cut off by other far more impatient people taking you 'safe braking zone' on the highway.
If it can be turned off that would be fine for me but a distraction otherwise 👍🏼

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder though if, say you were to sell it in 4-5 years time, it would be less saleable in the "general market" because it didn't have these things. I'm thinking people will buy a '24 ahead of a '23 for this reason, despite what a number of people on here say.

You may be right but I'd think the 2nd hand market would be more sensitive to overall running costs and having things that didn't add to functionality but did add to cost if needing fixing would play the opposite way.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I can adjust the mirrors so that by the time a vehicle disappears from the mirror it's in my peripheral vision, so is one really necessary?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:28 AM
Reaction score
I probably forgot to mention this, but during my factory visit in Hambach two weeks ago I heard that all those driving assistance stuff will be mandatory from 2024 on, at least in Europe.

I am still driving as a replacement a very recent Mercedes, and I hate the Lane Departure Warning, it is really 😨

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can adjust the mirrors so that by the time a vehicle disappears from the mirror it's in my peripheral vision, so is one really necessary?
I learnt early on in my driving, to lean far forward to look into my offside mirror to eliminate any blind spot. Works less well on the nearside but then if you're overtaking it's less of a problem. Undertakers may catch you out - god I hate those f%kers!!

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I probably forgot to mention this, but during my factory visit in Hambach two weeks ago I heard that all those driving assistance stuff will be mandatory from 2024 on, at least in Europe.

I am still driving as a replacement a very recent Mercedes, and I hate the Lane Departure Warning, it is really 😨
Same for NA, and the main reason manual transmissions have disappeared here.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I learnt early on in my driving, to lean far forward to look into my offside mirror to eliminate any blind spot. Works less well on the nearside but then if you're overtaking it's less of a problem. Undertakers may catch you out - god I hate those f%kers!!
Get out of the middle lane then🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom