The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Farewell to a Near Perfect Vehicle.

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:45 AM
Reaction score
All - Sold the Grenadier today. I didn't want to do a silent fade and simply disappear and I hope I leave on a positive note with everyone.

Like most of us, I was a long-time fan and waited a long time for the arrival. Absent my complaining about ADAS, which I hope they fix, it was a great vehicle to own. I think Ineos nailed the Grenadier launch way better than Tesla ever did for a new manufacturer / new vehicle launch.

Looks, style, drivability, capability, BEST HEATED SEATS EVER, the list goes on, and on, and on.

It just wasn't for me. Why? I've had a long list of FJs, Land Cruisers, Scouts, Broncos, and Defenders. I like to fix stuff, add stuff, and modify stuff. And I was too early!

The Grenadier is near perfect so I just kept looking at look at it. That's a high compliment and hopefully taken as so.

I hope I leave everyone on the positive note that I intended to. I appreciate all of the dialog, discussion, and support along the way.

Now I'm doing the silent fade.

Offroad, From Nashville!

Last edited:

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:45 AM
Reaction score
Don't be a stranger. You will always be the "one from Nashville" to us.

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
All - Sold the Grenadier today. I didn't want to do a silent fade and simply disappear and I hope I leave on a positive note with everyone.

Like most of us, I was a long-time fan and waited a long time for the arrival. Absent my complaining about ADAS, which I hope they fix, it was a great vehicle to own. I think Ineos nailed the Grenadier launch way better than Tesla ever did for a new manufacturer / new vehicle launch.

Looks, style, drivability, capability, BEST HEATED SEATS EVER, the list goes on, and on, and on.

It just wasn't for me. Why? I've had a long list of FJs, Land Cruisers, Scouts, Broncos, and Defenders. I like to fix stuff, add stuff, and modify stuff. And I was too early!

The Grenadier is near perfect so I just kept looking at look at it. That's a high compliment and hopefully taken as so.

I hope I leave everyone on the positive note that I intended to. I appreciate all of the dialog, discussion, and support along the way.

Offroad, From Nashville!

Thanks much Offroad for all your contributions. Fair Winds and Following Seas...

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Offroad, From Nashville!
Hi Offroad, The very best to you on your next adventure. Perhaps it time to consider the Quartermaster. DaBull

Texas Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

Offroad, From Nashville!
Good Luck Mark!! Great to have met you and hope our paths cross again one day....till then, Cheers

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can you share some summary information on your sale? Did you get more or less than you paid for it?
Net, net, I didn't make anything or lose anything but I waited for the right buyer. I was lucky because I had a mainstream color and mainstream options, EXCEPT the trailer hitch. Everybody, even people who have never towed anything, wants the trailer hitch. I followed the sales on BaT. The last two sold about where I thought they would. The light blue color needs the deviating white roof and they all need the safari roof (The SW that sold yesterday didn't have it). My opinion of course but there are some defining features and that's one of the main ones—that, and apparently the trailer hitch.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:45 AM
Reaction score

Offroad, From Nashville!
What are you looking at next?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:45 PM
Reaction score

Offroad, From Nashville!
Good luck Mate! Hope your next project brings you contentment ;) (y)

As an observation:
What a wonderful example this thread is, of the courteous maturity of this forum compared to the "book of faces". I commented to the Service Manager of my local dealership last week that this forum was far and away a much better avenue for global information than the often troll-laden alternative which he'd expressed some concerns about....

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Good luck Mate! Hope your next project brings you contentment ;) (y)

As an observation:
What a wonderful example this thread is, of the courteous maturity of this forum compared to the "book of faces". I commented to the Service Manager of my local dealership last week that this forum was far and away a much better avenue for global information than the often troll-laden alternative which he'd expressed some concerns about....

Fully agree DenisM! Thanks to DaBull, Krabby, YellowLab, and other folks for moderating this forum!!!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:45 AM
Reaction score

Offroad, From Nashville!
Hi Offroad
Very best of luck going forward. I wish you well. Because you have opted out now, it doesn’t mean, circumstances will never change.

Back
Top Bottom