The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

9th 10th August INEOS grenadier with Halliwell Jones

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:50 AM
Reaction score
Top man Steve, thank you very much indeed.

J8hn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:50 AM
Reaction score
Steve, Do you know if anyone from IA has had talks with the Uk insurance industry to get the Grenadier rated or even to see if they can get an insurance scheme specifically for Grenadier Owners along the lines of the Land rover insurance scheme?

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Steve, Do you know if anyone from IA has had talks with the Uk insurance industry to get the Grenadier rated or even to see if they can get an insurance scheme specifically for Grenadier Owners along the lines of the Land rover insurance scheme?
I'm not sure, but I will ask the question in the morning for you as I've left my work phone and laptop in work tonight sorry.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:50 AM
Reaction score
@Halliwell Jones Chester Hi Steve, do you know, if it is possible, to order a Roobar for retrofitting at a later date? That would be interesting for me. Can you please find out for me. Thank you.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:50 PM
Reaction score
* The selected feature is a removable accessory that will be installed post-registration by your chosen retail partner and is not considered on the vehicle’s CO2 calculation. Price includes VAT and fitment.
Anything that has an * is an accessory that the dealer can supply at any time.
That is one of the ways the dealers will make some money.
1660253290283.png

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
@Halliwell Jones Chester Hi Steve, do you know, if it is possible, to order a Roobar for retrofitting at a later date? That would be interesting for me. Can you please find out for me. Thank you.
Hi rovie,

What country are you based in as this will determine whether you can have one or not I would imagine.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
would love a bull bar, side rails and chequer plates - alas in UK so not legal/available option.

will add 3rd party chequer to the wings and bonnet when rcvd. Perhaps some front protection that doesn't attract too much attention from plod.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have optioned the side steps but the gap looks like a broken ankle/leg waiting to happen. I think I might have to get a local engineering shop to weld in some black chequerplate to match the ones I have on the front fenders

1660286032963.png

Attachments

• 1660285899470.png
    1660285899470.png
    181.1 KB · Views: 13

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Aye, could be a right trap. I've gone for rock sliders, hopefully less of a gap. Certainly appeared to be less on the pictures.

Prospeed here in the UK came up with some inserts for their sliders;

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Aye, could be a right trap. I've gone for rock sliders, hopefully less of a gap. Certainly appeared to be less on the pictures.

Prospeed here in the UK came up with some inserts for their sliders;

I am getting older and have 2 metal knees so need the step to get up.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi rovie,

What country are you based in as this will determine whether you can have one or not I would imagine.
Hi Steve,

Germany. As I can't find it on either the German or the English site, I would probably have to import it myself or via a dealer from Australia. Buying in England as an accessory would be easier for me, as I'm there every now and then.

Thanks DaveB for the screenshot.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Steve,

Germany. As I can't find it on either the German or the English site, I would probably have to import it myself or via a dealer from Australia. Buying in England as an accessory would be easier for me, as I'm there every now and then.

Thanks DaveB for the screenshot.
Until the parts ordering side of things is up and running I can't really comment on what we will have access to purchase. I would imagine though if we could order one we probably wouldn't be allowed to fit it due to laws in this country. Very similar to when people ask us to space letters in a number plate to make it look different we simply can't do.

I may however be talking absolute nonsense and we may be able to order and fit but until it's all up and running and we are given guidance on such issues we will just have to wait sorry.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Until the parts ordering side of things is up and running I can't really comment on what we will have access to purchase. I would imagine though if we could order one we probably wouldn't be allowed to fit it due to laws in this country. Very similar to when people ask us to space letters in a number plate to make it look different we simply can't do.

I may however be talking absolute nonsense and we may be able to order and fit but until it's all up and running and we are given guidance on such issues we will just have to wait sorry.
Thanks Steve for the feedback. I'll wait until I have the vehicle and then we'll see if it's available in the UK. If it were and I decided to go for it, I would buy it as an accessory and of course fit it myself. So that you don't get into any legal trouble.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
> So that you don't get into any legal trouble.

Why should a dealer get into any legal trouble if he sells something which legal to sell or to own? It's in my opinion always in the responsibility of the buyer to hang the part on it's living rooms wall or to do something else with it.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

Why should a dealer get into any legal trouble if he sells something which legal to sell or to own? It's in my opinion always in the responsibility of the buyer to hang the part on it's living rooms wall or to do something else with it.
I think he means they would get into trouble legally if the company fitted something that wasn’t road legal.

There is an offence in the UK around motoring offences called Use, cause, permit and it may fall under that if there was a serious accident and someone was seriously hurt or killed. The police would be looking into who was driving and who fitted the illegal part.

Like you say, the part itself would not be illegal to own, just what you did with it.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In the UK, and across Europe, we are looking at consultation documents that are leading to anti-tampering legislation. Whilst this is chiefly aimed at emissions, there are wider concerns with the wording such as:

"The Government’s specific proposals on vehicle tampering are as follows:
Specifically, we would look to create:

a specific offence for supplying, installing and/or advertising, a ‘tampering
product’ for a vehicle or NRMM – this would apply where a principal effect of
the product is to bypass, defeat, reduce the effectiveness of or render
inoperative a system, part or component (the product may be a physical part
or component, hardware and/or software)

a specific offence for removing, reducing the effectiveness of, or rendering
inoperative a system, part or component for a vehicle/NRMM and advertising
such services

a specific offence for allowing for use or providing a vehicle or NRMM that has
had the operations described in the previous 2 points performed on it"

What reputable supplier would want to supply a roo bar in such a market where they were banned under this legislation?

Even without the legislation, there's potential civil liability; and where such risks can't be quantified or the financial/reputational consequences are high, they may just decide to pass on the sale.

I think the argument that the buyer is solely responsible has not ended well for a number of gun manufacturers in the US.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I think he means they would get into trouble legally if the company fitted something that wasn’t road legal.

There is an offence in the UK around motoring offences called Use, cause, permit and it may fall under that if there was a serious accident and someone was seriously hurt or killed. The police would be looking into who was driving and who fitted the illegal part.

Like you say, the part itself would not be illegal to own, just what you did with it.
If the Roobar is not allowed to be fitted in England due to legal requirements, then the dealer will not fit it either, as he is responsible for this.
This is the same in Germany. Possession permitted, use punishable by law.
However, I can buy the roobar and mount it myself, in which case it is my responsibility not to do so on public roads.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
As a pure DIY man I did of course only think about fitting it your self. But you're right, a dealer or any company will not (at leat not officially) fit parts which are illegal in car, in particular not in Germany.

Back
Top Bottom