The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

9th 10th August INEOS grenadier with Halliwell Jones

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:24 PM
Reaction score
Is this silver the official production colour - because that looks pretty good. Or another prototype painted one?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:24 AM
Reaction score
@rovie
And here in Germany we have a lot of silver cars. They're mostly called VW Passat, VW Golf, Mercedes C and E class, BMWs Series 3 and 5, and lots of cars without any character, I often can't even detect which brand they are.

That's probably why my wife, my son and my friend (and even I) perceive silver for the Grenadier as boring.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
6:24 AM
Reaction score
Well after a hectic two days and a little bit of sunburn, I can honestly say it's been fantastic. The support for this car is unbelievable from people who knew about it and those who seen it for the first time by chance.

We took numerous orders and an awful lot of enquiries from very keen people. As you can imagine the farmers instantly wanted one along with a lot who've already ordered.

Special thank you to Aktar Matin from INEOS for helping over the two days. I can honestly say it was a pleasure and without doubt probably the most knowledgeable person I've ever met regarding pretty much every brand of car.
IMG20220810164452.jpg

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
10:24 PM
Reaction score
I hope you pointed everyone who was enquiring towards your friendly INEOS self help group here….. ;)

I’m glad you had such a great turn out. With a new vehicle you never really know.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:24 AM
Reaction score
Well after a hectic two days and a little bit of sunburn, I can honestly say it's been fantastic. The support for this car is unbelievable from people who knew about it and those who seen it for the first time by chance.

We took numerous orders and an awful lot of enquiries from very keen people. As you can imagine the farmers instantly wanted one along with a lot who've already ordered.

Special thank you to Aktar Matin from INEOS for helping over the two days. I can honestly say it was a pleasure and without doubt probably the most knowledgeable person I've ever met regarding pretty much every brand of car.
View attachment 7792263
Thank you Steve for the nice pictures of the Show.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
I hope you pointed everyone who was enquiring towards your friendly INEOS self help group here….. ;)

I’m glad you had such a great turn out. With a new vehicle you never really know.
Don't worry, quite a lot already knew about it and the people I had good conversations with were told to join up so hopefully the community may grow by a few more!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Steve
Was hoping to but work demands put an end to that thought. How did it all go?
I did call into your showroom on Saturday to introduce myself.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Steve
Was hoping to but work demands put an end to that thought. How did it all go?
I did call into your showroom on Saturday to introduce myself.
It was fantastic to be honest, it's only when you have the car there and customers being able to physically see it can you appreciate how well it's going to do.

We even had a couple of the Land Rover staff come over for a chat which was nice.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Took a couple of orders today and plenty of solid enquiries so well worth the 150 mile round trip I have to do.

I genuinely think once demos and these cars are on the road, it's going to take off!!
So I imagine that when you take orders, the only financial benefit to HJC is to get the potential owner to select you as their dealer?

So the people placing orders with you at the show, how long are they waiting before their build slots?

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
So I imagine that when you take orders, the only financial benefit to HJC is to get the potential owner to select you as their dealer?

So the people placing orders with you at the show, how long are they waiting before their build slots?
Correct, although everyone who was ordering was in our AOI anyway so it naturally chose Chester.

They are about 8 months roughly away now.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks, very interesting.
So the guys who were putting their first ever deposits down and ordering at the shows in the UK are getting build dates around March 2023?

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So these are guys that just turned up at the INEOS show, put down a deposit for the first time, and they secured a build slot 8 months away (March/April)?
Were they ordering a particular type of vehicle (Commercial, SW, Belstaff etc)

Last edited:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Steve, do you know, if it is possible, to order a Roobar for retrofitting at a later date? That would be interesting for me.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
So these are guys that just turned up at the INEOS show, put down a deposit for the first time, and they secured a build slot 8 months away (March/April)?
Were they ordering a particular type of vehicle (Commercial, SW, Belstaff etc)
We are being told that if you order now you will be into Q2 production next year. They won't definitive build slots yet but Q2 will be production. This will obviously move back each week as more and more people are ordering.

Being in the area we were at a lot of farmers had already ordered 2 seat utility. We didn't have a 2 seat to show unfortunately.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Halliwell thanks for your iPhotos glad you had a busy show. It’s just a pity that a few more dealers don’t get involved in this forum to give local updates on when and where vehicles will be to juts look over or test drive.
👍👍

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Steve, glad you had a good experience. Did Ineos shine any light on your Ineos book of a thousand questions?

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Halliwell thanks for your iPhotos glad you had a busy show. It’s just a pity that a few more dealers don’t get involved in this forum to give local updates on when and where vehicles will be to juts look over or test drive.
👍👍
I am surprised nobody else has come on to be honest, they may jump on board later down the line when they have cars and more details.

I'm just trying to help as much as I can right now as I know it must be frustrating for a lot of people but looking at the cars and the amount of interest that's around them I'm extremely confident in the outcome

Steve.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
Steve, glad you had a good experience. Did Ineos shine any light on your Ineos book of a thousand questions?
They did yes, so I will run through a few off the top of my head.
Safari windows will have a bag to put them in but no official storage space so will probably have to be tied down with your cargo net or such.

Suspension with winch, apparently there will be 5 different levels of spring you can have, damper stays the same just a spring change depending on what you need.

Contrast roof is painted not wrapped but will add a little time to build as it will have to go through paint twice apparently.

I'm sure there is more in my book but that's off the top of my head.

Steve.

Back
Top Bottom