The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

9th 10th August INEOS grenadier with Halliwell Jones

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:46 PM
Reaction score
Not yet. I am going to do so tomorrow 😉

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Hope it’s going well for you buddy. Ideal conditions, just don’t light a barbecue !!

Any interesting questions been asked or have you met any forum members there ?

When I see photos like that it reaffirms that I made a good choice and was justified in spending so much money. They look great sat there.

I won’t zoom in to look at those wraps though 😳

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
12:46 AM
Reaction score
Hope it’s going well for you buddy. Ideal conditions, just don’t light a barbecue !!

Any interesting questions been asked or have you met any forum members there ?

When I see photos like that it reaffirms that I made a good choice and was justified in spending so much money. They look great sat there.

I won’t zoom in to look at those wraps though 😳
It's been a brilliant day, everyone who looked at the cars instantly fell for them.

Aktar is the INEOS rep who is with me for the two days, very knowledgeable guy and massively enthusiastic about the brand which is always good to see.

I look like a lobster myself now and it's going to be hotter tomorrow.

Couple of guys from the forum which is always good to meet up, plus customers of ours who I hadn't seen yet.

Hoping for another good day tomorrow and some more orders too!!

Steve.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:46 AM
Reaction score
Nice to hear it was a great day! (y)

Any orders in sight?

As to the lobster effect: You have to apply sunscreen, factor 50 (highest factor in Germany). And apply it again at least every three hours in such merciless sunshine.

I hate this gloop, but I use it anyway: your skin never forgets. Our older uncles (~ 80yrs) have been hunters ever since and have been outdoors a lot in their life. They have never used sunscreen - and they all have white skin cancer now - ...

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
Nice to hear it was a great day! (y)

Any orders in sight?

As to the lobster effect: You have to apply sunscreen, factor 50 (highest factor in Germany). And apply it again at least every three hours in such merciless sunshine.

I hate this gloop, but I use it anyway: your skin never forgets. Our older uncles (~ 80yrs) have been hunters ever since and have been outdoors a lot in their life. They have never used sunscreen - and they all have white skin cancer now - ...
Took a couple of orders today and plenty of solid enquiries so well worth the 150 mile round trip I have to do.

I genuinely think once demos and these cars are on the road, it's going to take off!!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@emax What's going on emax? Your preferred colour was silver. What made you change the colour?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
First my wife. Second my son. Third my friend.

They all say:

"Silver is a very reasonable color.
But it's soooo boooring ..."

And guess what? That's my feeling as well. Sterling Silver is too bright. The first Silver they had was much better, a bit more greyish.

But I am usually driven by rationality and logic. And I really think that Silver is

- good to see in case of a nightly car trouble
- less squeamish with dirt
- less susceptible to scratches
- collecting less heat in the sun
- and less eye-catching as white (which was a candidate as well) if you are somewhere outdoors and don't want to be too visible

And Donny Grey is
- the opposite of all that - except for the last point.

Thats for the rational part. :rolleyes:

But Donny Gray is just awesome.

So f**k sanity. :p

(and make my wife happy with an elegant car)

Last edited:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's what I think too, Steve.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Steve, was the green vehicle blocked off with a chain (that's what it looks like in the photo) so you can't look underneath and see the rust? 😂

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
Steve, was the green vehicle blocked off with a chain (that's what it looks like in the photo) so you can't look underneath and see the rust? 😂
🤣🤣 To be honest, I had a quick look at it and it's a very tidy example. Not for sale so I imagine they just have it on show.

IG Pop

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It feels like I’m getting more pale and blue when reading all this about the IG 🥺

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
You sure??
I don't think that it's a bad color, I finally ordered it. And it has doubtlessly some advantages.

But the better is almost the enemy of the good. And Donny Grey looks simply better (for my wife and me).

And I do of course compare with the Silver they had first. It was clearly darker which we liked very much. But now this very bright tone is simply too far from what we originally had in mind.

Nice pictures anyway! (y)

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
I don't think that it's a bad color, I finally ordered it. And it has doubtlessly some advantages.

But the better is almost the enemy of the good. And Donny Grey looks simply better (for my wife and me).

And I do of course compare with the Silver they had first. It was clearly darker which we liked very much. But now this very bright tone is simply too far from what we originally had in mind.

Nice pictures anyway! (y)
I've not seen Donny grey in the flesh, but to be honest it's my favourite colour!!

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
And most other peoples by the sound of it. I chose it but wished they had a better shade of green tbh. A lighter shade as the current one is too green if that makes sense.

If you know your vehicles thin Isuzu Dmax Huntsman

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
@bemax
I guess you mean Shale Blue... ?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
By the way: The Silver on the photographs seems so blue because it reflects so much of the blue sky. That's a good example for what happens if you are somewhere outdoors e.g. at the edge of a forest and don't want to be too visible. White is very different in that it's much more striking.

That's one of the good properties of the metallic silver, it behaves partially a bit like a chameleon.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Silver was a modern color in the eighties. I remember the Audi Avant. Nice car, but very rusty.

Back
Top Bottom