The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

9th 10th August INEOS grenadier with Halliwell Jones

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
5:02 PM
Reaction score
My original Q was: "Justin Hocevar, Head Shed Oz has confirmed that there are 3 different sets of spring. Can we ask what they are, what the differences are between them, and which model, or option gets which spring?"

Then other Qs were:

Q2. "How about some photos and details of the 4 external electrical sockets in the tie
down rail recesses that come with the high load auxiliary switch option?"

Q3. "What is the make/model of the socket?"

Q4. "Does it come with 4 plugs to wire into the accessories?"

Q5. "There was talk of optional heavy duty bash plates ~ is anything happening on
this front?"

Q6. "What happened to the gullwing panels, that were on the configurator and then
disappeared?"

Q7. "Will there be the options for the alternative fixings and cover for the tie down rail
as suggested in the patent application?"
I have just forwarded these on to the aftersales manager for INEOS as I think he will have a better idea on this than anyone, as soon as he gets back to me with any answers I'll let you know.

J8hn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:02 PM
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I will ask the question in the morning for you as I've left my work phone and laptop in work tonight sorry.
As we are hopefully getting near contract/build/delivery, I wonder if you have had any response from Ineos regarding insurance

Reactions: PBD

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have just forwarded these on to the aftersales manager for INEOS as I think he will have a better idea on this than anyone, as soon as he gets back to me with any answers I'll let you know.
Did you get anything back on these?

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
Did you get anything back on these?
I have re sent these questions over again this morning for you, I know they said the Gullwing panels will be something they will look at in the future. As soon as I get a reply I will post back up here for you.

Steve

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
@DCPU
Response just come through below.

Q2. "How about some photos and details of the 4 external electrical sockets in the tie
down rail recesses that come with the high load auxiliary switch option?" - No photos available at this stage

Q3. "What is the make/model of the socket?"- make/model unavailable at this stage

Q4. "Does it come with 4 plugs to wire into the accessories?" 4- access points at roof level x2 N/S and x2 O/S

Q5. "There was talk of optional heavy duty bash plates ~ is anything happening on
this front?" – Assuming this is additional under side protection – yes available as an option

Q7. "Will there be the options for the alternative fixings and cover for the tie down rail
as suggested in the patent application?" – Not at this stage

That is the info he has at this current stage and will come back to me when he has more.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you Steve. Re Q5, are you seeing this as an additional option via your portal and if so does it give any information what they are/cover and cost. Or do you think he is getting confused with the rock sliders etc?

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you Steve. Re Q5, are you seeing this as an additional option via your portal and if so does it give any information what they are/cover and cost. Or do you think he is getting confused with the rock sliders etc?
I've asked the question as not sure myself to be honest.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:02 AM
Reaction score
I believe you need to be paid more or time off for your efforts… well done and appreciated…happy motoring
I am happy to start a petition right here so we can get Steve a pay rise. Everyone in favor - say “I” (or “aye”)

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@DCPU

That is the info he has at this current stage and will come back to me when he has more.

Sterling effort. Many thanks.

Got a few questions ticked off the list.

Apologies, to the J8hn, whose post on insurance is equally as important.

A little surprised at the lack of available detail of the external sockets at this very late stage and wonder if they will actually become another item to go on the carpet flooring, wrapping, paint list?

Look forward to any info they forward with regard to my original Q: "Justin Hocevar, Head Shed Oz has confirmed that there are 3 different sets of spring. Can we ask what they are, what the differences are between them, and which model, or option gets which spring?"

👍

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It was a potentially interesting answer, albeit short on any detail. Perhaps they are holding off releasing more, as the much fabled "Full accessory brochure" is on the near horizon?

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
It was a potentially interesting answer, albeit short on any detail. Perhaps they are holding off releasing more, as the much fabled "Full accessory brochure" is on the near horizon?
I am just awaiting on whether certain answers can be released on a public forum right now sorry. I obviously have to cover myself as to not get into trouble. I will always push to help and give as much info as I can but I also have to be careful and respect requests from INEOS themselves.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
@ECrider @DCPU and everyone else interested. Just had the go ahead on the under body protection. This will be additional from around August next year - This will protect the engine, transmission oil pans and front and rear diffs. Front and rear skid pans remain standard on all vehicles from now.

Assuming right now that these options will be able to be retro fitted to current vehicles in time and will go live on the configurator when ready as an option.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Absolutely.

It's just been a while since anyone even mentioned the Full Accessory Brochure, so if it's still in the pipeline, then that's a positive.

👍

Edit: And that new news is excellent. Thanks for that.

NOTE TO ADMIN: Can we have a collective diary to put this in, so we don't forget? 😜

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@ECrider @DCPU and everyone else interested. Just had the go ahead on the under body protection. This will be additional from around August next year - This will protect the engine, transmission oil pans and front and rear diffs. Front and rear skid pans remain standard on all vehicles from now.

Assuming right now that these options will be able to be retro fitted to current vehicles in time and will go live on the configurator when ready as an option.
top man Steve. Tks for following up on this, much appreciated. They will definitely be on my Xmas list.

Ps Can the White Pony at the racecourse set up an account under "Steve Grenadier" then those of us not close by can buy you a beer or two from a distance?

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
Absolutely.

It's just been a while since anyone even mentioned the Full Accessory Brochure, so if it's still in the pipeline, then that's a positive.

👍

Edit: And that new news is excellent. Thanks for that.

NOTE TO ADMIN: Can we have a collective diary to put this in, so we don't forget? 😜
I haven't had anything back regarding releasing the power outlets yet but I don't think I will be able to as the diagrams have strictly confidential written on the bottom sorry. I won't upset you @DCPU by saying you'd love to read them as they are full of measurements and numbers with ratings and all sorts......... oh hang on I just did :ROFLMAO:

Joking aside I will try, but I can't see them allowing it just yet.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:02 PM
Reaction score
I haven't had anything back regarding releasing the power outlets yet but I don't think I will be able to as the diagrams have strictly confidential written on the bottom sorry. I won't upset you @DCPU by saying you'd love to read them as they are full of measurements and numbers with ratings and all sorts......... oh hang on I just did :ROFLMAO:

I think you are totally right being careful with all information you give out to us.
Of course we all are hungry but it doesn´t help when news are out that have to be taken back after a while.
In the way you communicate here we can trust which is worth more than to have every info before the official date of publication.
Thanks a lot!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

🤯
Sounds like perfect fire side reading now the nights are drawing in. I look forward to these or the customer versions being released. Hopefully soon.

Local time
Reaction score

Thanks Steve
🤯
Sounds like perfect fire side reading now the nights are drawing in. I look forward to these or the customer versions being released. Hopefully soon.Hope they release the tech info soon.

Back
Top Bottom