The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

9th 10th August INEOS grenadier with Halliwell Jones

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:17 AM
Reaction score
I thought 75.000 was a heigh number and wanted to know whether there are as many here in Germany.
It looks like we have more than 230.000 accidents each year with deer and wild boars. That is a lot 😯

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:17 AM
Reaction score
My only vehicular interaction with a deer was in the Black Forest Region.

Two ran across the road in front of me, and I clipped the back legs of the second one. Sent him head over heels into the bushes on the opposite side of the road, and put crack in my splitter.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:17 PM
Reaction score
We are currently having a problem in my street with brush turkeys. Usually there is only 2-3 walking around. This year we have 8 and they walk along the road slowly in front of the car, or suddenly put their heads down and run across the road. Stupid creatures. Very large snakes are also starting to make an appearance as the weather warms up.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are brush turkeys not bushtucker to you folks? :cool:

(Sorry, I think we're getting a bit off-topic!)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Certainly having a brush turkey bar doesn't have the same ring to it as either a roo or bull bar.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Are brush turkeys not bushtucker to you folks? :cool:

(Sorry, I think we're getting a bit off-topic!)
Yuck. They would be tuff to eat. Pretty sure I would be in a world of trouble if I killed one. You have to be on a 40 acre property before you are allowed to start hunting. And no.......I don't think it is off topic for the forum just maybe for this thread.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In my opinion the topic is met as well!
Where have we been coming from?

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
The side steps on the demo at the Game Fair seemed to work very well. I would definitely have struggled getting in without.
100% it's a little struggle with the rock sliders unless your fairly flexible or tall. I'm 6ft 2in and noticed how high the car sat getting in. Not a struggle but definitely something I'd be looking at if short or if you struggle getting your leg over as to say 🤣

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Agree with you 100% DaveB.

I am 175cm and my 1983 G Wagen does not have side steps, so I always needed to place my right hand on the steering wheel to get a bit of a lift up to get in.

Getting into the Grenadier prototype last year with the side steps was much easier - so ordered this option.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
And grandma shrinked to 155 cm. I guess I'll have to carry an addtional small step ladder for her. ;-)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Agree with you 100% DaveB.

I am 175cm and my 1983 G Wagen does not have side steps, so I always needed to place my right hand on the steering wheel to get a bit of a lift up to get in.

Getting into the Grenadier prototype last year with the side steps was much easier - so ordered this option.
Yes, the G wagon is too high for some. ;-)

Attachments

• SCN028_04572_715x1080.jpg
    SCN028_04572_715x1080.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 9

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The actual answers to those questions ~ are they posted up somewhere?

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
The actual answers to those questions ~ are they posted up somewhere?
Hi @DCPU apologies as I think I have answered questions in different threads when people have asked instead of keeping it all in the one, which I should have done! Few answers here for you.

The footrest will have a shallower angle on it from what you have seen already to make it less "obtrusive" I personally didn't feel like it was an issue moving the cars round but that's not to say some might.

If nobody had ever mentioned the footrest then I don't think I would have even noticed anything out of the ordinary.

The front winch I'm led to believe that there could be upto five different spring rates for this depending on your needs, damper isn't changed though.

The safari windows will come with bags to put them in when out of the roof but no designated part in the car for storing, so this would be done either with cargo nets or tie downs.

The contrast roofs are painted not wrapped and can add to lead time slightly as they will have to go through the paint shop twice for obvious reasons.

Torque on the diesel has been remapped down to 1250rpm now for 550NM.

Was there anything else you can think of?

Steve.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
on the winch I'm led to believe that there could be upto five different spring rates for this depending on your needs, damper isn't changed though.
My original Q was: "Justin Hocevar, Head Shed Oz has confirmed that there are 3 different sets of spring. Can we ask what they are, what the differences are between them, and which model, or option gets which spring?"

Then other Qs were:

Q2. "How about some photos and details of the 4 external electrical sockets in the tie
down rail recesses that come with the high load auxiliary switch option?"

Q3. "What is the make/model of the socket?"

Q4. "Does it come with 4 plugs to wire into the accessories?"

Q5. "There was talk of optional heavy duty bash plates ~ is anything happening on
this front?"

Q6. "What happened to the gullwing panels, that were on the configurator and then
disappeared?"

Q7. "Will there be the options for the alternative fixings and cover for the tie down rail
as suggested in the patent application?"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom