The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:31 AM
Reaction score
Drop by when you cross over into Northern California, Southern Oregon or northern Nevada (that's where I hang out typically). I'm sure the local gren owners would love to take you on a trail by lake Tahoe or a tour of the coastal redwoods.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:31 PM
Reaction score
I watched the first three episodes yesterday. What an adventure you guys have committed to.

To put your steady lives on hold and embrace this takes enormous courage, and you are DOING what so many hundreds of thousands of people dream of doing but fall short and never do.

Hugely admirable and I’m looking forward to following you on your great adventure.

Thank you for sharing this with is.

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:31 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys, my wife and watched the YouTube channel this evening and have caught up with your adventures so far. Fantastic footage and editing, it's really professional. Perhaps when you get time you could do an overview video of your setup with the car and your X3, just a thought. Stay safe. Thanks Daniel

Matt P

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:31 PM
Reaction score
Drop by when you cross over into Northern California, Southern Oregon or northern Nevada (that's where I hang out typically). I'm sure the local gren owners would love to take you on a trail by lake Tahoe or a tour of the coastal redwoods.
We won't be in the States for a while but when we get there don't be surprised if we come and say hello! This sounds epic!

Matt P

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I watched the first three episodes yesterday. What an adventure you guys have committed to.

To put your steady lives on hold and embrace this takes enormous courage, and you are DOING what so many hundreds of thousands of people dream of doing but fall short and never do.

Hugely admirable and I’m looking forward to following you on your great adventure.

Thank you for sharing this with is.
It's a bold move that's for sure and there's a fair few challenges to make it all happen but it felt right. We just want to minimise the regrets we might have later on in life and make the most of all the opportunities that arise. This has always been top of mind when making big life decisions. At this particular Y junction in our lives and the timing with the kids ages, to us, it seemed like a "now or never" moment, as a family that is. We decided to jump in now and then come up with a plan for what we want to do next and where we want to live after our journey is over. There's more on the backstory here. It's been quite the ride so far but there's plenty more to come I'm sure! Thanks so much for your message, it means a lot and thank you and for following along! :)

Matt P

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi guys, my wife and watched the YouTube channel this evening and have caught up with your adventures so far. Fantastic footage and editing, it's really professional. Perhaps when you get time you could do an overview video of your setup with the car and your X3, just a thought. Stay safe. Thanks Daniel
We're glad you both enjoyed it! We put a lot of effort in and it takes a lot of our spare time and so it's nice to hear your thoughts! We'd still like to improve from here and hope that'll come with time. As for an overview of our setup, you won't be surprised to hear that you're not the first to ask this. 🙃 It's in the pipeline. We did plan to do it this week but the weather turned on us and so we decided to prioritise enjoying where we are and making the most of it. Cleaning the car with two young kids, then emptying it all out, setting everything up, ensuring there's no wind or background noise plus filming and keeping them amused takes a lot of time and a bit of luck that's all. The next weather window we get, along with a little spare time, we'll get it done. I just want to do it properly. We want to do one on the Grenadier, one on the X3 and then the full setup as a whole. (y)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Our next video is now live for those that would like to follow along...
We really enjoyed this episode, splendid stuff!
The eucalypts you are sitting in front of are just like those outside our home in Tassy!
Romania looks like a great place to visit, much like Slovenia where we walked last year.
Oh and well done that village mayor (y)

Matt P

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We really enjoyed this episode, splendid stuff!
The eucalypts you are sitting in front of are just like those outside our home in Tassy!
Romania looks like a great place to visit, much like Slovenia where we walked last year.
Oh and well done that village mayor (y)
I'm glad you enjoyed this latest one. It took us a while to work out how to best intertwine our journey with the projects but we think it works. As for Tassy, this is an area of the world we're very much looking forward to visiting at some point. My brother lives in Sydney and is looking to make the move over that way soon! As for Romania, if you're looking for hardcore off-roading, in a wild environment, it's a good one for that. Once you start doing some research you'll see what I mean. We had to take it a little easier as we have the trailer and two young kids but it's knarly out there! The Mayor is a special soul, amazing to see him turn a personal tragedy into something positive. It sounded like it could have gone in a very different direction without the ancient beech trees.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Loved the new episode guys. I understand Romania has also established a great walk very similar to the Camino recently. I recall studying a great website on the trail 12 months or so ago. That’d be a fantastic trip.

Found it here (or think it was the one)

If you have a link to share on adopting a beech tree that would also be cool.

Matt P

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Loved the new episode guys. I understand Romania has also established a great walk very similar to the Camino recently. I recall studying a great website on the trail 12 months or so ago. That’d be a fantastic trip.

Found it here (or think it was the one)

If you have a link to share on adopting a beech tree that would also be cool.
Glad you loved the latest episode! Thanks for sharing this link, this is actually our plan for much later in life, to travel the world doing these much longer hikes, so we'll definitely add this one to the list! For our journey South from Hungary, we followed the Carpathians down, a little East of the route they've built for hiking and biking. Romania is still very much under the radar at the moment and so anyone wanting to explore and have the best experience should go sooner rather than later! It's a real gem, especially in low season. I have a good contact for the Camino too if you'd like one and you're thinking of doing it? He's done it three times and is now planning on bringing a castle on the route back to life!

As for a link for the ancient beech trees. Here it is: https://www.arboricupovesti.ro/ We did put it in the description of the video at the bottom but there's a lot there and so easily missed! This is really great to hear from your side that you'd like to check this out though. They're going to be so chuffed if this video helps a little to protect that area. It's beautiful there and the stories they have from the past are amazing to listen to if you do visit that area.

Matt P

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This is an absolutely inspiring video! Thanks for sharing.
A lovely and senseful life-journy that your entire family is doing. My respect for your decision!
Michael
Thanks for the kind words Michael, we're glad you liked the latest episode! A lot of thought went into this Project before we set off and so it's great to see it all start to come to life! This is also just the beginning, we have some epic plans in the pipeline...

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all!

Hope you all had a good Christmas! I just thought I'd drop a line here about something that may be of interest. We’re doing a 5 year trip in a Grenadier across the world towing a Patriot X3 which we live in. We set off from the Grenadier pub in London in mid-July with our two young kids and we’ve just hit 22000km. CNN did a little feature here. We're always eager to learn and happy to help the best we can.

- More info on the trip and all the links here.
- More Grenadier-related content here.
- We're now on YouTube too https://www.youtube.com/@projectwildearth

Our latest video below:

All the best,

Matt
Excellent, will follow with interest @Matt P. Website looks great!

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:31 AM
Reaction score
Our next video is now live for those that would like to follow along...
Hi Matt & Leah, Another thought provoking video with pure inspiration. Watching your videos takes me to another place and reconnects me with nature. We all love being on the trail with you. DaBull

IGL

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:31 PM
Reaction score
We inhale every single video and can hardly wait to see the next one.
We wish you a save journey and collect tons of unforgettable memories.

Matt P

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Matt & Leah, Another thought provoking video with pure inspiration. Watching your videos takes me to another place and reconnects me with nature. We all love being on the trail with you. DaBull
Hi DaBull! It's so great to read about where our videos take you. A big part of what we're trying to do with this trip is exactly that! As for being on the trail, who knows, maybe one day you can join us! ;)

Matt P

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We inhale every single video and can hardly wait to see the next one.
We wish you a save journey and collect tons of unforgettable memories.
We love reading these messages and we're glad you look forward to our videos! The memories are piling up that's for sure!

Back
Top Bottom