The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas 2024 ADAS Issue and Work Around (USA)

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:59 AM
Reaction score
I turned off that 🤬 "feature" on our Outback wagon. I'm not a fan of that at all.

Yeah I had it off in my Raptor, although it was much less offensive there than the Mazda.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:59 AM
Reaction score
It cannot be turned off permanently, there is a whole thread about it.

All you have to do is lift off the throttle and it stops beeping, you continue to speed without further warnings
Sounds so Pavlovian. I'll give it a try.

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
5:59 AM
Reaction score
Sounds so Pavlovian. I'll give it a try.
…. It switches off until you go back under the speed limit and then it comes on when you go over again.
Just pretend you’re Sandra Bullock in that movie “Speed” and it should be okay.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Try driving a MB Sprinter with the lane warning... It jams on the the opposing rear brake to try to "pull" you back into the lane, and also, does not persist through restarts
I can't wait to see mine. Ihope that I can also switch this off for model year 24.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can't wait to see mine. Ihope that I can also switch this off for model year 24.
Worst case just order the module from Kufatec, plugs in to the OBD2 port, 15 seconds later, problem solved (I have used their modules to reprogram the lane departure, folding mirrors in when locked, change the auto-turn signals to 5 blinks, change the boot image to AMG, distance to empty for AdBlue, anytime activation of the 360 cameras, etc)

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:59 AM
Reaction score
A mild spring lift and 35” tires might buy the truck 5-10 mph of headroom before the speed nanny starts squawking. 🤣🤔

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Tergosa

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
5:59 AM
Reaction score
Worst case just order the module from Kufatec, plugs in to the OBD2 port, 15 seconds later, problem solved (I have used their modules to reprogram the lane departure, folding mirrors in when locked, change the auto-turn signals to 5 blinks, change the boot image to AMG, distance to empty for AdBlue, anytime activation of the 360 cameras, etc)
Their website doesn’t say they support the Grenadier?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Their website doesn’t say they support the Grenadier?
Correct, @rovie was talking about his Sprinter...

Hopefully Kufatec will come out with modules for the Grenadier at some point in the future

T5Ineos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just received a follow up email from customer service:

…
I have received a response from the team.
They have confirmed they are looking into the issue, but sadly we don't have any timescales on when this will happen.

Encouraging? At least this isn’t a flat at no.
Just keep blasting them (respectfully). 1) selfishly, i want it corrected because i HATE it but 2) i think we all want INEOS to be successful and something like this could really turn off new US buyers. The people on this page are the die hard fans. The average consumer would not tolerate the ADAS functions and lengthy work arounds. At least i dont believe they would…

Eyedogtor

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just keep blasting them (respectfully). 1) selfishly, i want it corrected because i HATE it but 2) i think we all want INEOS to be successful and something like this could really turn off new US buyers. The people on this page are the die hard fans. The average consumer would not tolerate the ADAS functions and lengthy work arounds. At least i dont believe they would…
This might not be a popular opinion - and to be clear, I hate the clicks as much as anyone. However I also hate auto-stop-start.

I had a 2016 BMW M3, my first car with this feature, and the in 2016, you could defeat it by changing the setting once. That was it - you never needed to touch it again.

Now, with new vehicles, you need to press a button every time you start the car to defeat it. It's a pain, and I wish it was like it was back in 2016 - but it's not the end of the world and would never impact my decision to buy a car. ADAS is the same thing - its a pain, but press FAV and disable when you start the car.....I mean, I wish I didn't have to, but it's not that big a deal IMO.

Thanks

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This might not be a popular opinion - and to be clear, I hate the clicks as much as anyone. However I also hate auto-stop-start.

I had a 2016 BMW M3, my first car with this feature, and the in 2016, you could defeat it by changing the setting once. That was it - you never needed to touch it again.

Now, with new vehicles, you need to press a button every time you start the car to defeat it. It's a pain, and I wish it was like it was back in 2016 - but it's not the end of the world and would never impact my decision to buy a car. ADAS is the same thing - its a pain, but press FAV and disable when you start the car.....I mean, I wish I didn't have to, but it's not that big a deal IMO.

Thanks
Start/Stop on the Grenadier is horrible. It does it when doing a three point turn, which is often! But, at least its one button. In my case, it was start, three clicks on the favorites button to disable overspeed, then the start/stop button., then into gear. Painful.

T5Ineos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Thanks
Yeah i really dislike the auto start/stop too but a one push button i can compromise with. Someone else here mentioned it wouldve been kinda cool to have had all the ADAS functions be one push switches along the roof. Kinda like preparring for take off. While annoying that would also be tolerable.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Start/Stop on the Grenadier is horrible. It does it when doing a three point turn, which is often! But, at least its one button. In my case, it was start, three clicks on the favorites button to disable overspeed, then the start/stop button., then into gear. Painful.
My reminder after every ignition!

Attachments

• 9F4434AE-CAE7-4906-B91D-C704518B59BF.jpeg
    9F4434AE-CAE7-4906-B91D-C704518B59BF.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29

drinkmorejava

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah i really dislike the auto start/stop too but a one push button i can compromise with. Someone else here mentioned it wouldve been kinda cool to have had all the ADAS functions be one push switches along the roof. Kinda like preparring for take off. While annoying that would also be tolerable.
Start stop is easy to get around if there's a button. All you need is a microcontroller to automatically "press" the button on startup. There are a ton of existing bypass cables for other mfg already. Once I get my grenadier, this will my first activity. Second activity is killing the speed clicking. Instead of completely cutting the speaker in tell tale module, which presumably is used for lots of things, I'll use a microcontroller running an FFT to silence the speaker for a second.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I covered all four speakers with microfiber patches and tape. ADAS clicking was attenuated down to a flea fart. Turn signal clicks remained the same. I think the ADAS clicks come from a sound file.

1000004041.jpg1000004042.jpg

Back
Top Bottom