The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas 2024 ADAS Issue and Work Around (USA)

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:41 PM
Reaction score
This thread has over 31,000 views. Right uo there with the top views. Here's some great advice for Ineos. Take a UK regulation, apply it to the largest market for the Grenadier (USA), pretend you're doing it for safety reasons, and ignore customer feedback from that market. Said no one ever. The competitive options, that don't have this 'feature,' that must be turned off over and over, are the G-Wagon, Bronco, 4Runner, Jeep, and, drum roll .... EVERY OTHER VEHICLE SOLD IN THE USA.
Stated perfectly! Thank you!

Grapa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:41 PM
Reaction score
For INEOS their ADAS systems works perfectly as designed! The issue here as an owner, we are only asking the INEOS to add a fuction/buttom/software click that will remember the user settings and not defaulting to turning off every single cycle!
As i said earlier in the forum, my sister has a 2023 in Spain and it does not have the ADAS (if you look at the rear mirror, it is just a mirror and the windshield).
My wife 2024 Lexus has a nany extreme, much worse system (it actually tells you to focus, sit up, look at the road etc) but, a big BUT, has the option of turning it OFF and stays off. Just on little flashing light 2 seconds telling you are over the speed limit (no noice and barely noticeable).
For the INEOS people we are just asking a shut the f…. Button and remember to stay off! The car is a beauty but the fact to every single time hit the Fav and shut off ADAS speed is driving most of us to hate the car

S52

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
For INEOS their ADAS systems works perfectly as designed! The issue here as an owner, we are only asking the INEOS to add a fuction/buttom/software click that will remember the user settings and not defaulting to turning off every single cycle!
As i said earlier in the forum, my sister has a 2023 in Spain and it does not have the ADAS (if you look at the rear mirror, it is just a mirror and the windshield).
My wife 2024 Lexus has a nany extreme, much worse system (it actually tells you to focus, sit up, look at the road etc) but, a big BUT, has the option of turning it OFF and stays off. Just on little flashing light 2 seconds telling you are over the speed limit (no noice and barely noticeable).
For the INEOS people we are just asking a shut the f…. Button and remember to stay off! The car is a beauty but the fact to every single time hit the Fav and shut off ADAS speed is driving most of us to hate the car
Does it really work perfectly as designed though? I still don't have my Grenadier and have never driven one with ADAS but I have read on here from folks that have their IG's that state inaccuracies with the alert, misreading speed limit signs, chirping in a school zone when the speed limit doesn't apply as those are only applicable during certain hours etc.

Seems to me like it's a pretty broken system.

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
4:41 PM
Reaction score
If the ADAS will save just one miserable, worthlesss, of-no-concern-to-me person’s life, I’m willing to embrace this quirk. But this life-saving intervention has to happen by the end of this week. Otherwise, I want this thing shut off! 😎🤣

But seriously, is this not a minor annoyance for, what I feel, is the best bargain in an almost-luxury off-roader currently available in the U.S.? I honestly don’t understand the amount of aggravation this is causing. There is just too much to like.

But as always, to each their own. I hope the annoyed can make peace with this, however that may happen. But truthfully, it’s of no concern to me. I don’t really care. 😜😎🥴

I love my Grenadier! Have fun and focus on the positive!

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does it really work perfectly as designed though?….

From Ineos “The American Driver Annoyance System (ADAS) is working as designed. We’ll fix it when you fish our chests full of tea from the Boston Harbor.”

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Does it really work perfectly as designed though? I still don't have my Grenadier and have never driven one with ADAS but I have read on here from folks that have their IG's that state inaccuracies with the alert, misreading speed limit signs, chirping in a school zone when the speed limit doesn't apply as those are only applicable during certain hours etc.

No, not even close on mine. Either doesn't read the signs, or reads the sign, updates the speed, but then immediately resets back to 25 and clicks at me. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. This is why it's annoying. Because it doesn't work as it should.

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:41 PM
Reaction score
If the ADAS will save just one miserable, worthlesss, of-no-concern-to-me person’s life, I’m willing to embrace this quirk. But this life-saving intervention has to happen by the end of this week. Otherwise, I want this thing shut off! 😎🤣

But seriously, is this not a minor annoyance for, what I feel, is the best bargain in an almost-luxury off-roader currently available in the U.S.? I honestly don’t understand the amount of aggravation this is causing. There is just too much to like.

But as always, to each their own. I hope the annoyed can make peace with this, however that may happen. But truthfully, it’s of no concern to me. I don’t really care. 😜😎🥴

I love my Grenadier! Have fun and focus on the positive!
One optional feature screwed up an entire launch. Not the whole thing of course but completely avoidable. I'm not an expert but I do have some context. Standing on the D90 because IG Checker Plates weren't available on delivery date. 37BEF980-4DD2-4CFE-98CE-C751BD184CFB_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Two words:
Over Blown.
It's 2 presses. You spend more times clicking the damn lock/unlock button every time.
You are way more patient than I am. I like to get in and go. When it's predictable, which is about 50% of the time, Fav, Speed, back to main screen / Carplay. Then, Auto Stop / Start Off, etc. For every other car on the road in 2024, it's pretty much get in and go. I know it's 'Purpose Built' for offroad. That's a great tagline. I was treating the Grenadier as a 'daily driver' and doing this 5+ times per day adds up.

Last edited:

rbarsk

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to turn off permanently the annoying speed detection warning when exceeding the speed limit.

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Depends on how you drive. When it is predictable, which is about 50% of the time, Fav, Speed, back to main screen / Carplay. Then, Auto Stop / Start Off, etc. For every other car on the road in 2024, get in and go. Either way, I was treating this as a daily driver and every time you drive it so it adds up. I like to get in and go. You are way more patient than I am.
Just wondering. Is your cellphone permanently unlocked?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It cannot be turned off permanently, there is a whole thread about it.

All you have to do is lift off the throttle and it stops beeping, you continue to speed without further warnings

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Subtle and funny. Acknowledged and appreciated. For clarity, I was early to the IG party and had the 1st delivery in the Southeast and probably one of the first resales as well. Had I known about the inability to turn off ADAS, I would never have taken delivery so it upsets me. Love the vehicle and I will hopefully be back.

Zak Smith

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Without disabling anything, I've had it freak out for no apparent reason, but most likely was due to a transient effect (lighting or blockage on camera).
One funny thing, if I disable ADAS completely and the two warning lights (Front Camera and Fwd Collision) come on on the telltale cluster-- sometimes when stopped at stop lights, the two warning lights GO OUT, even though ADAS is still disabled, only to turn themselves on a moment later when I start to go again. I actually wouldn't mind that much about the telltale lights being on, however, it covers up the ODO and Info1 field with the red flashing warning messages.

Zak Smith

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just wondering. Is your cellphone permanently unlocked?
The analogous situation would be if I could look angrily at the console while shifting into R, and it would automatically and reliably turn off all the features I pre-programmed to turn off. 'Cause if I pick up my iphone and swipe it, it's unlocked 99.9% of the time (only doesn't work when I'm wearing a full face motorcycle helmet, it seems like).

User "Offroad" nailed it when he said the FAV button works "maybe" 50% of the time. I get in, switch it on, hit the disable-start-stop button, and then hit FAV. Then I wait for it to respond. Sometimes it ends up at the ADAS screen, it seems like more often than not, it doesn't, the FAV button ends up somewhere else, or the console gets confused with something else and I have to start the process over again.

The idea of "pre flight" is somewhat compelling on its surface, maybe for long trips. It breaks down, however, when you're in and out of the vehicle a lot. Or say you have to let it "hard power cycle down" to dismiss some error ("Offroad mode error" perhaps"). I have a manual transmission '05 Xterra, obviously long in the tooth at this point, but there's no messing around, you just get in, press the clutch, turn it on, and go.

Back
Top Bottom