The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Working in engine bay

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:46 PM
Reaction score
Funny you should post that @Andy, Land Rover have been doing this for years. And if you’re unsure if an evacuation tube gets all the old oil out then wait until the end where I find out.

The disco4 LR4 oil change and filter change 20 minutes with zero mess.

I’m all for a vacuum tube to get the old oil out. I won’t even have to buy and new tools :)
A different version...

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:46 AM
Reaction score
Speaking of working in the engine bay. What is the deal with this tab, halfway down the RH side of the bonnet. There is no way the hood prop can reach this?

IMG_6353.jpeg

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Speaking of working in the engine bay. What is the deal with this tab, halfway down the RH side of the bonnet. There is no way the hood prop can reach this?

View attachment 7846916
You remove the hood prop and move it back to the 2nd position.... Fun fact, it doesn't actually damage the windshield if the hood goes all the way up, we did it for months on 20 vehicles :p

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You remove the hood prop and move it back to the 2nd position.... Fun fact, it doesn't actually damage the windshield if the hood goes all the way up, we did it for months on 20 vehicles :p
I don't see a 2nd position?

Fun fact, I have a rope running down the centerline of one garage bay for drying tents. It had a rope loop already on it that perfectly slips-over/secures one of the hood spring/props 💪

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:46 PM
Reaction score
I don't see a 2nd position?

Fun fact, I have a rope running down the centerline of one garage bay for drying tents. It had a rope loop already on it that perfectly slips-over/secures one of the hood spring/props 💪
This explanation is in the French part of the forum, but the pictures speak for themselves:

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This explanation is in the French part of the forum, but the pictures speak for themselves:
Thank you Jean!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:46 PM
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom