The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Working in engine bay

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:43 AM
Reaction score
I think it will be the new Moll AFB battery type which seems to be an EFB plus as seen in the picture above.

„MOLL, the inventor of the modern EFB, sets new standards with the new product MOLL AFB. The MOLL AFB is based on the MOLL EFB technology and has been specifically adapted to the AGM on-board network behavior. The newly developed formulations ensure higher power consumption and improved micro-hybrid capability compared to AGM batteries. Together with the corrosion-resistant alloys, this ensures excellent temperature resistance and high cold-start performance. This makes the MOLL AFB the "better AGM battery".

• Use of particularly corrosion-resistant alloys
• Use of specially developed active masses
• Robust drop casting technology with reinforced grid design
• Low water consumption - maintenance-free thanks to calcium grid technology
• Highest level of leakage protection thanks to the patented double lid with ESD-safe sealing plugs
• Electrolyte level indicator (ELI) according to the requirements of the automotive industry
• Longer storage time thanks to calcium grid technology
• High vibration resistance“

Maybe Ineos has been testing these batteries with and for Moll.
1670161669968.jpeg1670161669968.jpeg

Local time
6:43 PM
Reaction score
Easier than removing the 12V in my old '70s MGB. And I don't even want to talk about jump starting !

So just to be clear, is there a main battery under the hood ? Thx.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:43 PM
Reaction score
No, photo above shows main battery. Auxiliary sits in same position under the other side of the rear seats.

Local time
Reaction score
No, photo above shows main battery. Auxiliary sits in same position under the other side of the rear seats.
Got it. Thank you much for all your invaluable photo finds and info. You're a Prince !

I move you've earned "Master Contributor" status !!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:43 AM
Reaction score
How is a battery replaced without demounting the rear seats frame etc.? 😳
I had the battery in my current Mercedes changed recently and the guy was unscrewing and taking bits off for 20 minutes before he got to the battery under the bonnet.
There is also a second battery in the boot for the stop start function.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:43 AM
Reaction score
I had the battery in my current Mercedes changed recently and the guy was unscrewing and taking bits off for 20 minutes before he got to the battery under the bonnet.
There is also a second battery in the boot for the stop start function.
There is a 12v battery somewhere in my wife's Volvo EV. It takes several minutes to scroll through the DIY menu then you have to find some tool and remove various bits and pieces.
A dealer will probably take longer. Everything gets rounded up on the bill.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Gotcha. Makes sense.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I believe that’s where the cargo barrier is mounted in the 2 seat utility wagon.
Rather oddly, it doesn't appear they use the obvious fittings, but rather remove the grab handles above the rear passenger doors and bolt the cargo barrier into there:
FB_IMG_1665007127669.jpg
FB_IMG_1665007159865.jpg

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m getting the two Seater and that fixing looks awful. I’m sure I’ve seen a picture somewhere of it attached to the P shaped fixings.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That's certainly shown as fitting in this fitting, albeit is in the one behind the rear seats:
Screenshot_20220519_225303.jpg

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe that’s what I saw. But really can’t see any good reason why the full height barrier couldn’t be manufactured to fit the P shaped fixing brackets. It’ll all come clear soon I suppose. In the meanwhile we can all keep surmising what all the final details will be like. I’m sure Ineos have a few nice final surprises up their sleeves for the final production/customer vehicles. 😎

Back
Top Bottom