The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wolf Box

wolfbox_logo_e68cf9b7-062c-40e0-a6b8-6f94291edbd3.png.jpeg

As the leading brand in the automotive electronics market, WOLFBOX has earned its reputation with an unwavering commitment to quality and durability. We strive to deliver cutting-edge electronics with the latest trends and technology to enhance the driving experience and cater to the evolving needs of modern drivers.

At WOLFBOX, we understand that driving is more than just a means of transportation – it's an exploration, an adventure waiting to unfold. WOLFBOX is your trusted companion, encouraging you to venture beyond your comfort zone and discover the extraordinary.

Wolfbox have agreed to give forum members a discount on their products, the discount varies depending on region unfortunatelyf.

They didn't say if this was in addition to any other promotions but its worth a go.

For USA Customers ONLY 18% discount with the coupon code below.

Code

GRENADIERS-USA

WOLFBOX USA Site

For UK Customers and EU 20% discount with the coupon code below.

Code

GRENADIERS-UK

WOLFBOX UK Site

For AU and NZ Customers 20% discount with the coupon code below

Code

GRENADIERS-AU​

WOLFBOX AU Site

WOLFBOX G850 Rearview Mirror Backup Camera Dash Cam Smart Mirror​

wolfbox-g850-rearview-mirror-backup-camera-dash-cam-877069.jpg
The smart way to record your driving experience with a choice of G850 4K mirror rearview mirror backup camera.

Please note, the forum discount only applies to orders placed directly with WOLFBOX and not via 3rd parties.
The forum may earn a small commission from any sales generated by the links above or by using the coupon code.

Last edited:

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:58 PM
Reaction score
I'm having the weirdest experience ordering from wolfbox. Just sent a message to them hoping to get this sorted. USPS tracking tells me that the order from wolfbox has been seized due to counterfeit postage!?!

See order screenshot with tracking number and the USPS page for that tracking number...

1000000198.jpg
1000000197.jpg

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Seems like it's being resolved. Got this email from them. I checked the new tracking number and it looks like a package is with USPS. So weird, I have never had this experience with a supplier before and I've ordered thousands of things over the Internet.

Dear customer,

Hope this email finds you well. Thank you very much for choosing us as your driving companion. We are writing to inform you that the package failed to be delivered due to USPS service abnormalities on the way to the destination. After we discovered the abnormality, we quickly re-delivered the order.This is the tracking code information for the reissued package:

{Removed}

We hope it can help you obtain logistics information. If you find any abnormalities, please feel free to tell us and we will take immediate steps to solve all problems for you. We are very grateful for all your patience, understanding and support. Please don’t worry, the package is on its way and we look forward to meeting you.

Friendly reminder: If you need any help when using the product, please let us know at any time.

Best regards

Support Team

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Seems like it's being resolved. Got this email from them. I checked the new tracking number and it looks like a package is with USPS. So weird, I have never had this experience with a supplier before and I've ordered thousands of things over the Internet.

Dear customer,

Hope this email finds you well. Thank you very much for choosing us as your driving companion. We are writing to inform you that the package failed to be delivered due to USPS service abnormalities on the way to the destination. After we discovered the abnormality, we quickly re-delivered the order.This is the tracking code information for the reissued package:

{Removed}

We hope it can help you obtain logistics information. If you find any abnormalities, please feel free to tell us and we will take immediate steps to solve all problems for you. We are very grateful for all your patience, understanding and support. Please don’t worry, the package is on its way and we look forward to meeting you.

Friendly reminder: If you need any help when using the product, please let us know at any time.

Best regards

Support Team
Great customer service. Addressed the problem, sent a replacement and emailed you.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Great customer service. Addressed the problem, sent a replacement and emailed you.
Agreed. And they clearly caught this before I sent them the message. But so weird I've never seen this message before from USPS. SW bug in wolfbox postage printing system?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:58 PM
Reaction score
Can’t say anything about Wolf, but sounds like their customer service is top notch.

However, in the UK, the Post Office has allegedly increased the amount of letters and parcels due to counterfeit postage. This hasn’t gone down well as apparently many legitimate parcels and letters have fallen foul of this.

Wonder if they are using the same system?

The UK post office state they also have humans confirm any identified packages !!

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:58 AM
Reaction score
Has any one figured out how to mount a G900 directly to the windscreen on a MY23 ROW vehicle?
I have tried the Wolfbox OEM bracket and this mount adapter, but the Wolfbox arm doesn't allow enough vertical adjustment to position the mirror below the airbag warning panel and still angle up enough to see out the back window. The Wolfbox arm needs to be longer and have more adjustment.
I see someone on FB glued a new mount onto the windscreen directly below the factory mount. That worked but it places the mirror quite low on the windscreen due to the clearance needed to slide the arm onto the mount.
I have talked to my local auto glass shop about replacing the factory twist mount with a standard dovetail mount (compatible with the Wolfbox arm) and set it a bit lower down. They could do it but cannot guarantee they won't crack the windscreen in the process. Apparently it takes a bit of heat and pressure to release the bond.

Has anyone cracked the code on this combination? MY23, non ADAS, Not US.

AndyT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This was a great post, I have wired mine very similar. Very pleased. Although I do need to do something with the wiring at the rear door.

View attachment 7852582View attachment 7852581
Hey @Trialmaster ! Thanks for including photos of your install. I just hard-wired my G900 today too. I learned a lot from your post as well as the one from @AFdude412. However, I think I see an error in both of your installations. I noticed in both cases you have one pigtail coming out to the left and one out the right. I think you need to have the pigtails oriented so that both go out to the right. IIRC you need to make sure that the pigtail is oriented so that the power side of the fuse goes into the far-end of the pig-tail...in looking at your set-up, it appears that your top pigtail might be installed "upside down" and the tail needs to go out to the right. If you have the pigtail in the wrong orientation, then the fuse is not wired to do its job (i.e., it wont break if there's a voltage spike because the electricity is coming from the left side of the fuse and then going directly into the wire instead of passing over the fuse wire. Not sure if I am making sense here...Anyway, if I am right, then the two pigtails did not fit for me in fuse positions that AFdude412 used (FC21 & FC23). I ended up using the same fuse positions as you, but my top pigtail is rotated 180 degrees so the tail goes out to the right. And...just to make my install interesting, my Wolfbox hardwire kit had the red and yellow wires reversed. The camera remained on even with the car off (key out of the ignition). Once I swapped the red and yellow wires, then everything worked as designed. I sent an email to Wolfbox to let them know that they might have a batch of hardwire kits that have their red and yellow wires reversed. Anyway, thanks for showing us what you both did...it helped me tremendously.

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:58 PM
Reaction score
Hey @Trialmaster ! Thanks for including photos of your install. I just hard-wired my G900 today too. I learned a lot from your post as well as the one from @AFdude412. However, I think I see an error in both of your installations. I noticed in both cases you have one pigtail coming out to the left and one out the right. I think you need to have the pigtails oriented so that both go out to the right. IIRC you need to make sure that the pigtail is oriented so that the power side of the fuse goes into the far-end of the pig-tail...in looking at your set-up, it appears that your top pigtail might be installed "upside down" and the tail needs to go out to the right. If you have the pigtail in the wrong orientation, then the fuse is not wired to do its job (i.e., it wont break if there's a voltage spike because the electricity is coming from the left side of the fuse and then going directly into the wire instead of passing over the fuse wire. Not sure if I am making sense here...Anyway, if I am right, then the two pigtails did not fit for me in fuse positions that AFdude412 used (FC21 & FC23). I ended up using the same fuse positions as you, but my top pigtail is rotated 180 degrees so the tail goes out to the right. And...just to make my install interesting, my Wolfbox hardwire kit had the red and yellow wires reversed. The camera remained on even with the car off (key out of the ignition). Once I swapped the red and yellow wires, then everything worked as designed. I sent an email to Wolfbox to let them know that they might have a batch of hardwire kits that have their red and yellow wires reversed. Anyway, thanks for showing us what you both did...it helped me tremendously.
Would you mind documenting your install with a post? thanks!

Local time
Reaction score
Has any one figured out how to mount a G900 directly to the windscreen on a MY23 ROW vehicle?
I have tried the Wolfbox OEM bracket and this mount adapter, but the Wolfbox arm doesn't allow enough vertical adjustment to position the mirror below the airbag warning panel and still angle up enough to see out the back window. The Wolfbox arm needs to be longer and have more adjustment.
I see someone on FB glued a new mount onto the windscreen directly below the factory mount. That worked but it places the mirror quite low on the windscreen due to the clearance needed to slide the arm onto the mount.
I have talked to my local auto glass shop about replacing the factory twist mount with a standard dovetail mount (compatible with the Wolfbox arm) and set it a bit lower down. They could do it but cannot guarantee they won't crack the windscreen in the process. Apparently it takes a bit of heat and pressure to release the bond.

Has anyone cracked the code on this combination? MY23, non ADAS, Not US.
Hi Mate,
I am also looking for Wollfbox installation directly into the windscreen mount (Like OEM) not just strap around existing rear mirror. Let us know if you find the way to do it. Thanks.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:58 AM
Reaction score
Have a search on here. Someone did exactly that, using his own diy skills. Nice job too.

Mohs 9

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:58 AM
Reaction score
However, I think I see an error in both of your installations. I noticed in both cases you have one pigtail coming out to the left and one out the right. I think you need to have the pigtails oriented so that both go out to the right. IIRC you need to make sure that the pigtail is oriented so that the power side of the fuse goes into the far-end of the pig-tail...in looking at your set-up, it appears that your top pigtail might be installed "upside down" and the tail needs to go out to the right. If you have the pigtail in the wrong orientation, then the fuse is not wired to do its job (i.e., it wont break if there's a voltage spike because the electricity is coming from the left side of the fuse and then going directly into the wire instead of passing over the fuse wire.
IMHO, yes, it makes a difference which way the pigtail is oriented. Have a look here and let it sink:unsure:
1714460758612.jpg
However, the result is not that the fuse does not do its job if oriented wrong. It might melt if combined load occurs, because all load goes from 2a to 1a.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have a search on here. Someone did exactly that, using his own diy skills. Nice job too.
I've had a few attempts at searching. Found plenty of posts on the NAS 67Designs mount (ADAS), some attempts to fit the Wolfbox mirror over the NAS mirror mount ball using ball adapters, but nothing about the standard twist-off ROW mount.

My auto glass guy removed the Ineos mirror using a set of multi-grips (a.k.a cobra pliers or slip-jaw pliers). He wrapped a leather work glove around the mount arm to clamp down on then twisted counterclockwise 90 degrees to remove it. Very tight!
I think this needs a mount with more vertical adjustment, as I noted above, or a drop mount arm to set the mirror lower down to clear the airbag warning panel.

Last edited:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've had a few attempts at searching. Found plenty of posts on the NAS 67Designs mount (ADAS), some attempts to fit the Wolfbox mirror over the NAS mirror mount ball using ball adapters, but nothing about the standard twist-off ROW mount.

My auto glass guy removed the Ineos mirror using a set of multi-grips (a.k.a cobra pliers or slip-jaw pliers). He wrapped a leather work glove around the mount arm to clamp down on then twisted counterclockwise 90 degrees to remove it. Very tight!
I think this needs a mount with more vertical adjustment, as I noted above, or a drop mount arm to set the mirror lower down to clear the seatbelt warning panel.
I will have a browse myself and refer back if I can find it.
100% agree with your other observations. Currently I am still using the rubber bands which aren't that bad although I always prefer a 'factory finish' look where possible.

AndyT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
IMHO, yes, it makes a difference which way the pigtail is oriented. Have a look here and let it sink:unsure:
View attachment 7855069
However, the result is not that the fuse does not do its job if oriented wrong. It might melt if combined load occurs, because all load goes from 2a to 1a.
That's right! The diagram helps explain it. Anyway, this was all just a PSA, and not a critique. The install posts have all been great!

AndyT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Here's my Wolfbox G900 install write-up...
20240430_095515 (3).jpg
Ignore the dangling camera as I had not stuck it to the plastic trim yet, but you can see that it's in the same position as those who installed this camera inside the door before me. I took the top and bottom plastic trim off to access the interior. There's just one screw that holds the bottom piece (you can see the plastic plug covering the screw). All the panels pop off when you pull it straight out. The rear camera wire was zip-tied to the washer/electrical wiring harness inside. I did pass the camera wire through the rubber grommet that leads out of the top section of the door interior into the bottom half (where the screwed-on plastic piece is (where many have replaced it with a folding table). It's a tight squeeze to get it through the grommet, but it'll fit. You'll have to remove some wiring harness cloth tape. If you dont feed it through the rubber grommet, then the wire will be visible coming out of the bottom trim and then back into the screwed-on first-aid/table cover trim piece.
20240430_095535 (2).jpg
The wire then continues to follow the wiring harness inside the door until it exits out the bottom of the plastic panel. Some others have been able to snake the wire through the rubber accordion tube, but I could not figure out how to do that. It is such a tight squeeze to get that wire through the tube and I didnt have a wire fishing tool to get that done. If there's someone who actually did this themselves (and not a pro installer), please let us know how you did it. I even pulled the tube off the door on the right side, but it was so jammed-tight of wires that I couldnt even pull it back to expose any access to fee a wire through. So, you can see that the wire comes out the bottom and follows the gas strut (zip-tied) with some slack so that the wire does not get stretched when the door is fully open. The wire is then tucked under the weatherstripping, going up. I made sure to not screw on the bottom panel too tightly in the corner where the wires comes out from under the panel, so as to not cut/crimp the wire.
20240430_095551 (2).jpg
The wire is then fed up and tucked under/into the weatherstripping/trim pieces and the gap of the roof panel. Nothing had to be removed, so no plastic was harmed in the install. It's a tight and clean install and you dont see the wire at all.
20240430_095615 (2).jpg
The wire then snakes along the gaps of the A, B, and C-pillars. Again, it's a tight fit so I think the wire is pretty secure (and hidden). Nothing needed to be removed along this roof section.
20240430_095648 (2).jpg
In this pic, the red wire is the rear camera wire that that is tucked under the roof panel heading towards the mirror, while the green line shows how the GPS wire snakes up the A-Pillar back to the mirror. Excess wire was tucked inside the A-Pillar, and I was (hopefully) careful not to interfere with the air-bag. I did notice that the gap between the windshield/windscreen glass and the roof panel is not super tight, so it was a bit difficult to get the two wires to stay tucked in. If I find that the wires keep popping out, then I may use a few of those included adhesive clips to secure it to the windshield/windscreen. The A-Pillar is easy to remove...just three screws (one you see in the pic, and two securing the grab handle) that are behind plastic rectangle covers). I was NOT able to completely remove the plastic trim piece off the A-pillar, but you dont really need to. You can open it up just enough to tuck the wires behind it.
20240430_095826 (2).jpg
The power cable was routed from the mirror and across the front roofline (tucked under the roof panel) and down the A-Pillar. The plastic trim of the A-Pillar is held on with one screw. Remove that and the plastic trim pulls off completely. side note: The screw that secures the plastic cover to the A-Pillar was cross-threaded, but I was able to get the screw on tight enough...we'll see if there's a rattle.
20240430_095812 (3).jpg
The power line is then snaked inside the weatherstripping and behind panels #1 and #3. In order to access and remove the plastic panels, you have to remove them in a specific sequence. Panel #1 just pops out (no screws). Panel #2 has two screws on the bottom two corners. You'll have to poke your head under to see them. And then there's a 3rd screw holding panel #2 to #3 on the left side. Remove that screw. Panel #3 has 3-4 screws along the bottom edge that you'll have to remove. You'll see them once panel #2 is removed. The power cable is then snaked across, under the steering column and to the fuse panel. I zip-tied it to various places so that it wouldn't rattle. All the excess wire was bundled and zip tied inside behind panel 3.
20240430_095800 (2).jpg
Finally, within the fuse box I have two pigtails...the switched circuit (a/k/a ACC) is the one at the top right (FC21-12V Front Outlet) with the pigtail going to the right. Note: the power source side of the circuit is on the left side of the fuse socket, so the pigtail needs to go to the right. If you wire it so that the pigtail goes to the left, then you've essentially wired the two fuses in series, rather than in parallel (no bueno). Because the pigtail goes to the right, it obscures all the other fuses along that bank, so I wired the always on wire (a/k/a BATT) to FC12 - Head Unit (or maybe it was FC11??). Either way, I used a voltmeter to ensure that there was power to this circuit even when the key was out of the ignition. Again, in this power bank (FC10-FC17) the power source is coming in from the left side, so the pigtail needs to go to the right. The black ground wire was secured to the silver metal-colored bolt (you cant see it in this pic, but it was behind the plastic trim in the lower right corner). I noticed that the black bolts inside the fuse box are not connected to ground, so I didnt use those. Note: my hardwire kit had its ACC and BATT wires reversed, so if you install your mirror and wire it according to directions and then find that the mirror display continues to stay on even when the vehicle is "off", then it's possible your hardware kit is wired backwards too. Just simply swap the two wires <chef's kiss>. I did tell Wolfbox support and they emailed me that same day. They were willing to send me a new power cable, but I didnt feel it was necessary. A+ for customer support!
20240430_095658.jpg
Finally, here is the image of the wires coming into the mirror...I might use some black zip ties to clean it up a bit...another day. One other note...I wanted to install the red wire from the rear camera to my reverse lights so that the back-up lines would work, but I literally could not figure out how to access the reverse light wire without tearing apart my entire cargo area. I think I saw a post where someone showed how to do this by accessing the light from the outside, so I might tackle that one later as well. Oh yeah, also I did NOT buy the longer rear camera wire from Wolfbox, but instead a 5' wire extension off of Amazon . This extension was probably not needed using the roof route that I used as I think the wire is long enough to make it to the camera, but it was $8 USD and I didnt want to get hung up during my install and not having enough cable to work with.

Review: I've only driven a little bit with the mirror, but initial impressions: 1) When the sun is shining behind you and low to the horizon, the glare off the mirror is really bad. The reflections make the mirror nearly unusable. Query to the masses: Does the anti-reflective film you get from Wolfbox help this situation? 2) As with all digital mirrors, your eyes will need to adjust focus to the mirror when you are transitioning from looking at a far distance (e.g., out the front windshield) to the mirror. It's not horrible (and not an issue specific to Wolfbox, but with all digital mirrors), and it'll take a little bit of adjustment. If there's a reflection or glare off the mirror, then your eyes will really be hunting around for what image to focus on. Honestly, I dont think I'll be able to do a quick rearward check anymore as I do with a traditional mirror. You will need to hover your eyes over the image for 1-2 seconds to focus...not a deal-breaker, but something to note. 3) I'm at an age where I need reading glasses, but my "far-sightedness" only needs to be corrected for reading small print in low light. I think if you have more severe hyperopia (i.e., nearby objects are blurry), then a digital mirror may not work for you. Thankfully, the distance from your eyes in a driving position to the mirror surface is pretty far (~arm's length), so it may only be an issue for a smaller percentage of folks. 4) the video image seems kind of zoomed in, so I feel I need to constantly adjust the vertical orientation of the video feed to either capture cars behind me at a distance, or cars that are right on my tail. I think this is just a matter of me needing to drive it more and find a happy-medium setting. 5) low light images off the rear camera is not super great. It's pretty grainy, but that's understandable as image sensors have to really boost their gain in low light and this causes noise in the image. All in all, the digital mirror solves the problem of terrible rear visibility out the back of the truck, but a digital display has its shortcoming compared to an old fashioned mirror. I dont regret the purchase and the install was fairly straightforward. I have previously installed dashcams in four other cars (two others also had rear-facing cameras), so I do have some experience doing this and this install was pretty typical.

Attachments

• 20240430_095515 (3).jpg
    20240430_095515 (3).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:58 PM
Reaction score
View attachment 7855126
Ignore the dangling camera as I had not stuck it to the plastic trim yet, but you can see that it's in the same position as those who installed this camera inside the door before me. I took the top and bottom plastic trim off to access the interior. There's just one screw that holds the bottom piece (you can see the plastic plug covering the screw). All the panels pop off when you pull it straight out. The rear camera wire was zip-tied to the washer/electrical wiring harness inside. I did pass the camera wire through the rubber grommet that leads out of the top section of the door interior into the bottom half (where the screwed-on plastic piece is (where many have replaced it with a folding table). It's a tight squeeze to get it through the grommet, but it'll fit. You'll have to remove some wiring harness cloth tape. If you dont feed it through the rubber grommet, then the wire will be visible coming out of the bottom trim and then back into the screwed-on first-aid/table cover trim piece.
View attachment 7855127
The wire then continues to follow the wiring harness inside the door until it exits out the bottom of the plastic panel. Some others have been able to snake the wire through the rubber accordion tube, but I could not figure out how to do that. It is such a tight squeeze to get that wire through the tube and I didnt have a wire fishing tool to get that done. If there's someone who actually did this themselves (and not a pro installer), please let us know how you did it. I even pulled the tube off the door on the right side, but it was so jammed-tight of wires that I couldnt even pull it back to expose any access to fee a wire through. So, you can see that the wire comes out the bottom and follows the gas strut (zip-tied) with some slack so that the wire does not get stretched when the door is fully open. The wire is then tucked under the weatherstripping, going up. I made sure to not screw on the bottom panel too tightly in the corner where the wires comes out from under the panel, so as to not cut/crimp the wire.
View attachment 7855128
The wire is then fed up and tucked under/into the weatherstripping/trim pieces and the gap of the roof panel. Nothing had to be removed, so no plastic was harmed in the install. It's a tight and clean install and you dont see the wire at all.
View attachment 7855129
The wire then snakes along the gaps of the A, B, and C-pillars. Again, it's a tight fit so I think the wire is pretty secure (and hidden). Nothing needed to be removed along this roof section.
View attachment 7855130
In this pic, the red wire is the rear camera wire that that is tucked under the roof panel heading towards the mirror, while the green line shows how the GPS wire snakes up the A-Pillar back to the mirror. Excess wire was tucked inside the A-Pillar, and I was (hopefully) careful not to interfere with the air-bag. I did notice that the gap between the windshield/windscreen glass and the roof panel is not super tight, so it was a bit difficult to get the two wires to stay tucked in. If I find that the wires keep popping out, then I may use a few of those included adhesive clips to secure it to the windshield/windscreen. The A-Pillar is easy to remove...just three screws (one you see in the pic, and two securing the grab handle) that are behind plastic rectangle covers). I was NOT able to completely remove the plastic trim piece off the A-pillar, but you dont really need to. You can open it up just enough to tuck the wires behind it.
View attachment 7855134
The power cable was routed from the mirror and across the front roofline (tucked under the roof panel) and down the A-Pillar. The plastic trim of the A-Pillar is held on with one screw. Remove that and the plastic trim pulls off completely. side note: The screw that secures the plastic cover to the A-Pillar was cross-threaded, but I was able to get the screw on tight enough...we'll see if there's a rattle.
View attachment 7855135
The power line is then snaked inside the weatherstripping and behind panels #1 and #3. In order to access and remove the plastic panels, you have to remove them in a specific sequence. Panel #1 just pops out (no screws). Panel #2 has two screws on the bottom two corners. You'll have to poke your head under to see them. And then there's a 3rd screw holding panel #2 to #3 on the left side. Remove that screw. Panel #3 has 3-4 screws along the bottom edge that you'll have to remove. You'll see them once panel #2 is removed. The power cable is then snaked across, under the steering column and to the fuse panel. I zip-tied it to various places so that it wouldn't rattle. All the excess wire was bundled and zip tied inside behind panel 3.
View attachment 7855136
Finally, within the fuse box I have two pigtails...the switched circuit (a/k/a ACC) is the one at the top right (FC21-12V Front Outlet) with the pigtail going to the right. Note: the power source side of the circuit is on the left side of the fuse socket, so the pigtail needs to go to the right. If you wire it so that the pigtail goes to the left, then you've essentially wired the two fuses in series, rather than in parallel (no bueno). Because the pigtail goes to the right, it obscures all the other fuses along that bank, so I wired the always on wire (a/k/a BATT) to FC12 - Head Unit (or maybe it was FC11??). Either way, I used a voltmeter to ensure that there was power to this circuit even when the key was out of the ignition. Again, in this power bank (FC10-FC17) the power source is coming in from the left side, so the pigtail needs to go to the right. The black ground wire was secured to the silver metal-colored bolt (you cant see it in this pic, but it was behind the plastic trim in the lower right corner). I noticed that the black bolts inside the fuse box are not connected to ground, so I didnt use those. Note: my hardwire kit had its ACC and BATT wires reversed, so if you install your mirror and wire it according to directions and then find that the mirror display continues to stay on even when the vehicle is "off", then it's possible your hardware kit is wired backwards too. Just simply swap the two wires <chef's kiss>. I did tell Wolfbox support and they emailed me that same day. They were willing to send me a new power cable, but I didnt feel it was necessary. A+ for customer support!
View attachment 7855137
Finally, here is the image of the wires coming into the mirror...I might use some black zip ties to clean it up a bit...another day. One other note...I wanted to install the red wire from the rear camera to my reverse lights so that the back-up lines would work, but I literally could not figure out how to access the reverse light wire without tearing apart my entire cargo area. I think I saw a post where someone showed how to do this by accessing the light from the outside, so I might tackle that one later as well. Oh yeah, also I did NOT buy the longer rear camera wire from Wolfbox, but instead a 5' wire extension off of Amazon . This extension was probably not needed using the roof route that I used as I think the wire is long enough to make it to the camera, but it was $8 USD and I didnt want to get hung up during my install and not having enough cable to work with.

Review: I've only driven a little bit with the mirror, but initial impressions: 1) When the sun is shining behind you and low to the horizon, the glare off the mirror is really bad. The reflections make the mirror nearly unusable. Query to the masses: Does the anti-reflective film you get from Wolfbox help this situation? 2) As with all digital mirrors, your eyes will need to adjust focus to the mirror when you are transitioning from looking at a far distance (e.g., out the front windshield) to the mirror. It's not horrible (and not an issue specific to Wolfbox, but with all digital mirrors), and it'll take a little bit of adjustment. If there's a reflection or glare off the mirror, then your eyes will really be hunting around for what image to focus on. Honestly, I dont think I'll be able to do a quick rearward check anymore as I do with a traditional mirror. You will need to hover your eyes over the image for 1-2 seconds to focus...not a deal-breaker, but something to note. 3) I'm at an age where I need reading glasses, but my "far-sightedness" only needs to be corrected for reading small print in low light. I think if you have more severe hyperopia (i.e., nearby objects are blurry), then a digital mirror may not work for you. Thankfully, the distance from your eyes in a driving position to the mirror surface is pretty far (~arm's length), so it may only be an issue for a smaller percentage of folks. 4) the video image seems kind of zoomed in, so I feel I need to constantly adjust the vertical orientation of the video feed to either capture cars behind me at a distance, or cars that are right on my tail. I think this is just a matter of me needing to drive it more and find a happy-medium setting. 5) low light images off the rear camera is not super great. It's pretty grainy, but that's understandable as image sensors have to really boost their gain in low light and this causes noise in the image. All in all, the digital mirror solves the problem of terrible rear visibility out the back of the truck, but a digital display has its shortcoming compared to an old fashioned mirror. I dont regret the purchase and the install was fairly straightforward. I have previously installed dashcams in four other cars (two others also had rear-facing cameras), so I do have some experience doing this and this install was pretty typical.
I take my hat off. I never had the need for a Wolf Box. But now that so many of you are installing them, I'll have to think about it again.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:58 AM
Reaction score
I take my hat off. I never had the need for a Wolf Box. But now that so many of you are installing them, I'll have to think about it again.
You should :) , for me it is the best add on of my Grenadier, be it a Wolf Box or any cheaper Chinese solution like mine.

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7855126
View attachment 7855127
View attachment 7855128
View attachment 7855129
View attachment 7855130
View attachment 7855134
View attachment 7855135
View attachment 7855136
View attachment 7855137

I ran the cable via a rubber grommet inside the door and then inside the corrugated tube to the car body. It looks nice and clean and is worth the effort.

Attachments

• IMG20240202124640.jpg
    IMG20240202124640.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom