The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Using existing backup camera

Local time
1:53 PM
Reaction score
I've been thinking of getting a Wolfbox G900 and was wondering if it's possible to use the existing backup camera with the Wolfbox.

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:53 PM
Reaction score
I've been thinking of getting a Wolfbox G900 and was wondering if it's possible to use the existing backup camera with the Wolfbox.
Depends on what you mean by ‘with’ really.

I use the two together, simultaneously, with their two different screens. Best of both.

The idea of rewiring the existing camera to become the rear-view/reversing camera angle for the wolfbox screen doesn’t appeal to me at all. The built in camera isn’t amazing but it’s good at what it does, and complements the additional angle nicely when reversing into spaces.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

I use the two together, simultaneously, with their two different screens. Best of both.

The idea of rewiring the existing camera to become the rear-view/reversing camera angle for the wolfbox screen doesn’t appeal to me at all. The built in camera isn’t amazing but it’s good at what it does, and complements the additional angle nicely when reversing into spaces.

Been reading about the same model @FieldMonster. Did you fit it yourself or get a company to do it ?? Which company if so.

I have toyed with fitting one myself but can’t bring myself to rip of all the trim, and knowing me I would break some. So was thinking of getting someone else to do it..ignorance is bliss !!

I also agree, best to have both as the OEM one is ok but not great.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just as a bit of context, the OP, in another thread, asked about installing this mirror/camera specifically in non-Grenadier vehicles

TelRidan

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@dmf0 I'm in McLean/Tyson's area and have not found anyone who has done an install of the Wolf Box. I am also very interested in putting one in but I will either have to do a self install (which would come out super ugly and probably short the battery) or find a high quality car audio/video place that is willing to give it a try. Let me know if you find a place.

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:53 PM
Reaction score

I installed the Wolfbox by myself. (I’m not massively handy but glad to say it’s a simple job if you take your time and follow the instructions). The Grenadier is very accommodating of running wires to the back. There’s a Wolfbox thread elsewhere in the forum that probably has some product + fitting tips too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom