The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wolf Box

wolfbox_logo_e68cf9b7-062c-40e0-a6b8-6f94291edbd3.png.jpeg

As the leading brand in the automotive electronics market, WOLFBOX has earned its reputation with an unwavering commitment to quality and durability. We strive to deliver cutting-edge electronics with the latest trends and technology to enhance the driving experience and cater to the evolving needs of modern drivers.

At WOLFBOX, we understand that driving is more than just a means of transportation – it's an exploration, an adventure waiting to unfold. WOLFBOX is your trusted companion, encouraging you to venture beyond your comfort zone and discover the extraordinary.

Wolfbox have agreed to give forum members a discount on their products, the discount varies depending on region unfortunatelyf.

They didn't say if this was in addition to any other promotions but its worth a go.

For USA Customers ONLY 18% discount with the coupon code below.

Code

GRENADIERS-USA

WOLFBOX USA Site

For UK Customers and EU 20% discount with the coupon code below.

Code

GRENADIERS-UK

WOLFBOX UK Site

For AU and NZ Customers 20% discount with the coupon code below

Code

GRENADIERS-AU​

WOLFBOX AU Site

WOLFBOX G850 Rearview Mirror Backup Camera Dash Cam Smart Mirror​

wolfbox-g850-rearview-mirror-backup-camera-dash-cam-877069.jpg
The smart way to record your driving experience with a choice of G850 4K mirror rearview mirror backup camera.

Please note, the forum discount only applies to orders placed directly with WOLFBOX and not via 3rd parties.
The forum may earn a small commission from any sales generated by the links above or by using the coupon code.

Last edited:

angstorms

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
8:50 AM
Reaction score
There is vibration on the stock mirror, I noticed it driving into Durango from Colorado Springs. really just need to vibration dampening in the mount. I saw 69 Designs mount was also sold out last night maybe they modify the design.

Last edited:

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:50 AM
Reaction score
Mine does not vibrate. I bought the Wolfbox mountain plate and used a ball size adapter from amazon onto the OEM ball after removing the stock mirror. Mounts it a bit higher which is better in my opinion. Links are on page 7 or 8 in this thread I think.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There is vibration on the stock mirror, I noticed it driving into Durango from Colorado Springs. really just need to vibration dampening in the mount. I saw 69 Designs mount was also sold out last night maybe they modify the design.
Mine does not vibrate. I bought the Wolfbox mountain plate and used a ball size adapter from amazon onto the OEM ball after removing the stock mirror. Mounts it a bit higher which is better in my opinion. Links are on page 7 or 8 in this thread I think.
There is zero movement with my stock mirror. Any movement of the Wolfbox would be unacceptable. I’ll test the Amazon ball mount against the 67designs and use which ever one is solid (no movement).

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:50 AM
Reaction score
There is zero movement with my stock mirror. Any movement of the Wolfbox would be unacceptable. I’ll test the Amazon ball mount against the 67designs and use which ever one is solid (no movement).
I expect a 20 minute youtube detail video

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Where exactly do you propose I mount the rear facing camera on the back doors? Does inside work as good as outside?

So you tapped into the ignition?

bradshow

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Whew! Finally got the hardwire wiring figured out. If you have a Trialmaster, these are the fuse sockets and ground I used in the under rear seat fuse panel...View attachment 7838654
Now to mount camera and mirror and hide all the wires. Many thanks to Cheshire Cat for the help.
Did you buy adapters? The adapters mine came with wouldn’t fit in the plug on the right since it had that blue fuse sticking out the side so it’s L shaped

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did you buy adapters? The adapters mine came with wouldn’t fit in the plug on the right since it had that blue fuse sticking out the side so it’s L shaped
Didn't need adapters. The included fuse ends plugged straight into the sockets, albeit tightly. The camera and mirror monitor worked fine during testing. I did, however, switch to the cigarette lighter power cord, cutting off the plug and splicing DTP connectors for right foot well aux power.

Robert T

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:50 AM
Reaction score
View attachment 7838814 A simple 9 pin double throw switch does it. I have this set up with my wolfbox. Throw switch one way for rear car cam and the other for trailer.
Hi @bekepl. This is exactly what I want to do. Where did you mount your switch? Please send pictures if you have any. Thank you

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:50 PM
Reaction score
Yesterday I was able to install the Wolfbox G900 with the 67 Designs Mount.

Here are some highlights:
Although damage isn't likely, I used a 6.5' camera extension cable as a sacrificial piece in case the wire wears or breaks near the door strut.
I routed the cable over the top of the window sill and used PPF to take it down from the window sill trim to the door strut.
Power for ACC is FC21 (front 12v socket) and Bat+ on FC23 (rear 12v socket). FC23 is off the rear 12v outlet if you have the Aux Battery.
Also, there is a menu item in the software to keep the camera off while parking for those worried about battery drain.
The 67Designs mount is nice and install was straight forward. The only thing I can think that is different is the mirror is a little "giggly" going over bumps when compared to the strap on style. No big deal though.

This was a great post, I have wired mine very similar. Very pleased. Although I do need to do something with the wiring at the rear door.

IMG_1391.jpegIMG_1392.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1395.jpeg
    IMG_1395.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1396.jpeg
    IMG_1396.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 92

Gren turtle

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I finished. I originally had the yellow going to FC04 but that left the mirror on 100% of the time. Obviously since it was the clock. I changed that to FC14 and the red wire FC21. If I want to power the mirror when off I'd just flip the overheard switch to on. You can kind of see the ground wire on the lower bulkhead bolt & washer.

View attachment 7842984View attachment 7842985
Did the panel for the negative ground pop off or did you need to remove screws.

Back
Top Bottom