The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wolf Box

wolfbox_logo_e68cf9b7-062c-40e0-a6b8-6f94291edbd3.png.jpeg

As the leading brand in the automotive electronics market, WOLFBOX has earned its reputation with an unwavering commitment to quality and durability. We strive to deliver cutting-edge electronics with the latest trends and technology to enhance the driving experience and cater to the evolving needs of modern drivers.

At WOLFBOX, we understand that driving is more than just a means of transportation – it's an exploration, an adventure waiting to unfold. WOLFBOX is your trusted companion, encouraging you to venture beyond your comfort zone and discover the extraordinary.

Wolfbox have agreed to give forum members a discount on their products, the discount varies depending on region unfortunatelyf.

They didn't say if this was in addition to any other promotions but its worth a go.

For USA Customers ONLY 18% discount with the coupon code below.

Code

GRENADIERS-USA

WOLFBOX USA Site

For UK Customers and EU 20% discount with the coupon code below.

Code

GRENADIERS-UK

WOLFBOX UK Site

For AU and NZ Customers 20% discount with the coupon code below

Code

GRENADIERS-AU​

WOLFBOX AU Site

WOLFBOX G850 Rearview Mirror Backup Camera Dash Cam Smart Mirror​

wolfbox-g850-rearview-mirror-backup-camera-dash-cam-877069.jpg
The smart way to record your driving experience with a choice of G850 4K mirror rearview mirror backup camera.

Please note, the forum discount only applies to orders placed directly with WOLFBOX and not via 3rd parties.
The forum may earn a small commission from any sales generated by the links above or by using the coupon code.

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:18 AM
Reaction score
67 designs is soon to release an adapter for the factory mirror mount to Wolfbox mirror. Their CEO has been keeping me updated on this - he sent an alpha/beta version of this mount to Brian at Goose Gear to test for him (since Sewell, their local Ineos dealer probably didn't want them removing the OEM mirror from a customer's vehicle). They have already received feedback from Brian on the fit and are making some last adjustments to the design. Have patience and stay tuned for some good news shortly.
@Stu_Barnes Just wanted to tag you on this as I know you've been in communication with Wolfbox.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:18 AM
Reaction score
67 designs is soon to release an adapter for the factory mirror mount to Wolfbox mirror. Their CEO has been keeping me updated on this - he sent an alpha/beta version of this mount to Brian at Goose Gear to test for him (since Sewell, their local Ineos dealer probably didn't want them removing the OEM mirror from a customer's vehicle). They have already received feedback from Brian on the fit and are making some last adjustments to the design. Have patience and stay tuned for some good news shortly.
I'm local to 67 Designs if they need a test vehicle. Please PM me if they need one.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:18 PM
Reaction score
I only wanted it as a rear view mirror - not too interested in the parking camera feature so don't need permanent power. The feeds to the 10a switches are all live when ignition is on so good enough for me. If permanent power was wanted I suspect you could get it form the ecall unit which is mounted just above the roof switch console.

Tristan
I would be inclined to avoid tapping into any electrical system connected to ADAS, air bags, emergency calls, or any other faintly related safety system. Even if only a small draw on the electrical circuit, there’s no saying what gremlins it might introduce.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I hope I didn't jump the gun by calling 67 Designs and leaving a message with my phone number just in case they need a test vehicle.

MShepherd

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:18 PM
Reaction score
According to my measurement, the INEOS mounting ball is 16mm. But a standard 17mm mount will fit if you tighten the screw.
I purchased a 17mm mount and tried several mounting positions using the OEM Wolfbox mounting plate.
The original INEOS mirror has a decentralized attachment, the Wolfbox has a central one! The Wolfbox mirror would not fit if using the central mounting position.
So I cut out the Wolfbox mounting plate and placed the 17mm ball mount in a higher position with an aluminum support from the back (unfortunately I forgot to take a photo).
The black painted aluminum only serves as a cover.
...I know a seven-year-old could do it better, but hey! if it works ...

Bad news: some vibrations occur while driving. I used it as a normal mirror without a cable connected. It will probably be better with the cables.

Conclusion: Wolfbox gives us the simplest solution completely free of charge... by clamping the Wolfbox mirror over the INEOS mirror! ;)

Attachments

• 20240127_100829.jpg
    20240127_100829.jpg
    923.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 20240126_130319.jpg
    20240126_130319.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 98
  • 20240126_130301.jpg
    20240126_130301.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 91
  • 20240117_120708_001.jpg
    20240117_120708_001.jpg
    960 KB · Views: 91
  • 20240117_120425.jpg
    20240117_120425.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 102
  • 20240117_120152.jpg
    20240117_120152.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 119

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is the ROW mirror connected to an arm that's directly mounted onto the windscreen? The NAS mirror arm protrudes from the ADAS camera housing.
1000008378.jpg

Sev4x4

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:18 AM
Reaction score
Nice location. Where did you run the camera wires? Did you have to drill into the door or used the wheel bracket existing locations?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:18 PM
Reaction score
I haven’t seen a rear camera mounting option I liked so I decided to mount it here for now. Wanted to share a picture
View attachment 7842007
Hi Tx
A couple of challenges I see with the location you have opted for:
How to deal with the camera if the spare is needed. Will this not add to the time taken to change a spare?
Been lower down than most locations, will you be more subject to dirt affecting the lens of the camera?

TX Wilderness Seeker

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nice location. Where did you run the camera wires? Did you have to drill into the door or used the wheel bracket existing locations?
I’ll snap some pictures of the wires running through the back. I had a shop do it for me and you can’t really see the wires.

Hi Tx
A couple of challenges I see with the location you have opted for:
How to deal with the camera if the spare is needed. Will this not add to the time taken to change a spare?
Been lower down than most locations, will you be more subject to dirt affecting the lens of the camera?
There really aren’t many good mounting options so I went with what had the most camera range and esthetically matched. There is extra cable to disconnect the mount and easily remove the tire cover. Not more than a few extra minutes to get the cover off. As far as the dirt, I haven’t taken it offroad yet but I’d imagine it’s the same as the existing one or the ones on my everyday vehicle that get dusty from time to time. I keep a microfiber cloth handy and just wipe them off when needed. I went with the G900 and liked the extra blind spot features and wide range view in both the front and back.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Installed today. Love it. I was concerned about routing the cable through the existing bundle enclosed in a rubber housing so came out through the plastic panel instead.

Attachments

• IMG_0808.jpeg
    IMG_0808.jpeg
    786.8 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0807.jpeg
    IMG_0807.jpeg
    716.5 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0805.jpeg
    IMG_0805.jpeg
    833 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0803.jpeg
    IMG_0803.jpeg
    572.2 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0813.jpeg
    IMG_0813.jpeg
    697.1 KB · Views: 144

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Installed today. Love it. I was concerned about routing the cable through the existing bundle enclosed in a rubber housing so came out through the plastic panel instead.

Asnes,

I wanted to hit you up with a couple questions. Which box did you end up getting and were any add-ons reaquired to accomodate the install? If so, what were they?

P.S. Is it a rear view and a front view camera? Rear is the one that the most help is needed. I giuess fron is for security?

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Asnes,

I wanted to hit you up with a couple questions. Which box did you end up getting and were any add-ons reaquired to accomodate the install? If so, what were they?

P.S. Is it a rear view and a front view camera? Rear is the one that the most help is needed. I giuess fron is for security?
Heya Rupert. This is the 900 version. Has front and rear camera. Front camera is indeed for security / documentation if you are in a collision. The ADAS box in the front cuts off some of the screen. It will also record both cameras when the car is parked / off if you wire to both ACC and Batt+.

The most important add-on is 30' rear camera cable if you plan to mount inside top of door. I had some additional length but I don't think the 20' cable that comes with wolf would have worked. For now, I have it strapped to the regular mirror. I have some ball adapter parts on order to see if I can completely replace the default mirror for a tighter install.

Camera is very clear and actually allows you to see what's behind you. I still use the default camera when reversing / parking, it doesn't really replace that.

I was puttering around taking my time today on the install so it took several hours, but I am nit picky and it had to be just right :). I pulled a number of panels and trim to route the wires.

Hope that helps.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Heya Rupert. This is the 900 version. Has front and rear camera. Front camera is indeed for security / documentation if you are in a collision. The ADAS box in the front cuts off some of the screen. It will also record both cameras when the car is parked / off if you wire to both ACC and Batt+.

The most important add-on is 30' rear camera cable if you plan to mount inside top of door. I had some additional length but I don't think the 20' cable that comes with wolf would have worked. For now, I have it strapped to the regular mirror. I have some ball adapter parts on order to see if I can completely replace the default mirror for a tighter install.

Camera is very clear and actually allows you to see what's behind you. I still use the default camera when reversing / parking, it doesn't really replace that.

I was puttering around taking my time today on the install so it took several hours, but I am nit picky and it had to be just right :). I pulled a number of panels and trim to route the wires.

Hope that helps.
Which fuse panel and #'s did you end up using?

How did you pull the A pillar covers off? I ran my camera feed along the passenger (right) side ceiling, but I ran the power on the driver's side down that A pillar to the ignition fuse panel. Routing that cable without removing was no easy task.

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

How did you pull the A pillar covers off? I ran my camera feed along the passenger (right) side ceiling, but I ran the power on the driver's side down that A pillar to the ignition fuse panel. Routing that cable without removing was no easy task.
A pillar comes off by removing 1 torx screw under the cap and then a gentle pull to release the clips.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can confirm the NAS mirror ball is 16mm. I got the multipack of ball adapters someone posted the other day and this one fits the stalk.

IMG_9177.jpeg
The mount it comes with doesn't quite angle as far over towards the driver as the stock mirror. Once the camera is running I'll have to see if I can deal with that.

IMG_9178.jpegIMG_9179.jpeg

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I tapped rear 12v socket 15A fuse for ACC and “clock / logistics” 5v fuse for batt +. I grounded on the bolt that attaches the brake pedal to the frame. (There are 4 big bolts, used bottom right so I had enough length. You can’t ground to bolts that are painted.

I did not remove A piller trim. I used the little orange tool to pry it back just a little to feed wire behind and conceal.

Back
Top Bottom