The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wolf Box

wolfbox_logo_e68cf9b7-062c-40e0-a6b8-6f94291edbd3.png.jpeg

As the leading brand in the automotive electronics market, WOLFBOX has earned its reputation with an unwavering commitment to quality and durability. We strive to deliver cutting-edge electronics with the latest trends and technology to enhance the driving experience and cater to the evolving needs of modern drivers.

At WOLFBOX, we understand that driving is more than just a means of transportation – it's an exploration, an adventure waiting to unfold. WOLFBOX is your trusted companion, encouraging you to venture beyond your comfort zone and discover the extraordinary.

Wolfbox have agreed to give forum members a discount on their products, the discount varies depending on region unfortunatelyf.

They didn't say if this was in addition to any other promotions but its worth a go.

For USA Customers ONLY 18% discount with the coupon code below.

Code

GRENADIERS-USA

WOLFBOX USA Site

For UK Customers and EU 20% discount with the coupon code below.

Code

GRENADIERS-UK

WOLFBOX UK Site

For AU and NZ Customers 20% discount with the coupon code below

Code

GRENADIERS-AU​

WOLFBOX AU Site

WOLFBOX G850 Rearview Mirror Backup Camera Dash Cam Smart Mirror​

wolfbox-g850-rearview-mirror-backup-camera-dash-cam-877069.jpg
The smart way to record your driving experience with a choice of G850 4K mirror rearview mirror backup camera.

Please note, the forum discount only applies to orders placed directly with WOLFBOX and not via 3rd parties.
The forum may earn a small commission from any sales generated by the links above or by using the coupon code.

Last edited:

tristand

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:26 PM
Reaction score
Do you want constant power available for the mirror in Park mode? Or do you plan to flip the switch, or not use this feature?
I only wanted it as a rear view mirror - not too interested in the parking camera feature so don't need permanent power. The feeds to the 10a switches are all live when ignition is on so good enough for me. If permanent power was wanted I suspect you could get it form the ecall unit which is mounted just above the roof switch console.

Tristan

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:26 AM
Reaction score
Ordered my G900 today. Added 33' video cable to ensure I had plenty of length to run through inside of rear door where I will mount. 25% off if you purchase $250 or more direct on their site, free shipping in the US. I will appreciate the development of the ball mount for ineos with ADAS front-end, that is my ultimate direction. Will get everything else lined up and installed as we all wait for innovation to happen on that front :)

Should take ownership of the IG in about 10 days :)

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:26 AM
Reaction score
Ordered my G900 today. Added 33' video cable to ensure I had plenty of length to run through inside of rear door where I will mount. 25% off if you purchase $250 or more direct on their site, free shipping in the US. I will appreciate the development of the ball mount for ineos with ADAS front-end, that is my ultimate direction. Will get everything else lined up and installed as we all wait for innovation to happen on that front :)

Should take ownership of the IG in about 10 days :)
Mine arrived today. I also got the extension and will do a inside rear camera install. The mount will make a huge difference in quality of install so I may wait. Also want to see a few more installs to decide on where to pull power. I think I'll either do one of the driver side 10A 12V socket fuses (FC 21 or 23) with a fuse tap, or in the rear seat at the fuses for the footwell power (FI 29 or 30). I don't feel like fiddling with the overhead console. While it would be perfect for wire routing, the recent recall for wire pinching there gives me pause about messing with it.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:26 AM
Reaction score
Enjoy! I ran it to a 2x12v + 3xUSB socket mounted under the passenger seat. That way I can power a phone charger etc all from the one switch.

There is of course another switch that powers them even when the ignition is off, so you have that option too.
I switched to footwell power. Unfortunately, I still have to flick the Internal 2 switch. No power unless I do that. Maybe UK and US wiring are different? No worries. Still have cleaner installation, having gotten rid of the wire to the center cubby.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
These look very promising. So you ordered the wolf adapter and you’ll chuck the arm that attaches to the windscreen and use and adapter with the remaining plate to attach to the fixed ball ….. I like it.
Exactly. I ordered all kinds of parts from Wolf, as I took this opportunity to buy a dozen or so of the 900s to put on our work fleet.
Insurance company has been after me for dash cameras and gps on the crew trucks and we already had gps units installed. I took advantage of the sale that Wolf was having.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I ordered these ball mount adapters from Amazon. Waiting until they arrive to install my 900
I ordered this.

22mm to 17mm adapter

I know the Wolfbox is 22.5mm and @Jean Mercier posted he thought the IG mirror ball was 17mm (consistent with EU vehicles). I’m hoping this adapter is a perfect solution!

Regarding the IG mirror - is there an easy way to release it? Or just pull/pry it off?

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Exactly. I ordered all kinds of parts from Wolf, as I took this opportunity to buy a dozen or so of the 900s to put on our work fleet.
Insurance company has been after me for dash cameras and gps on the crew trucks and we already had gps units installed. I took advantage of the sale that Wolf was having.
Awesome. Let’s us all know specifically what size fits. Bonus points if you post a 30-60s how to video for mounting :) thank you for your leadership on this topic!

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:26 PM
Reaction score
I ordered this.

22mm to 17mm adapter

I know the Wolfbox is 22.5mm and @Jean Mercier posted he thought the IG mirror ball was 17mm (consistent with EU vehicles). I’m hoping this adapter is a perfect solution!

Regarding the IG mirror - is there an easy way to release it? Or just pull/pry it off?
There is a post of @Voader - Oudersopzwier where he removes the mirror:

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There is a post of @Voader - Oudersopzwier where he removes the mirror:
That is great Jean! However, MY24 trucks have a different mirror stalk and and I would like to remove the mirror only.

I think I’ll try prying it off tomorrow.

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:26 PM
Reaction score
I just got tracking. Looks like these bad boys are coming straight from China.
I ordered these ball mount adapters from AliExpress. They have arrived and fit the Wolfbox backing plate. I have removed the original mirror but need to work out how to separate the ball from the mirror. I think it may just be a case of removing the steel split ring and then using force but would like to know if anyone has already successfully separated the two parts.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered these ball mount adapters from AliExpress. They have arrived and fit the Wolfbox backing plate. I have removed the original mirror but need to work out how to separate the ball from the mirror. I think it may just be a case of removing the steel split ring and then using force but would like to know if anyone has already successfully separated the two parts.
That is my question as well, but we get a different mirror mount for NA MY24 trucks. I had a spare Subaru mirror laying around and it simply pulled apart.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I ended up ordering the wolfbox mount and then these ball size adapters as cited above. I’ll take the arm of the mount, fit a close enough sized ball adapter and stick all the legos together… hopefully :) this is to mount in the OEM ball mount behind ADAS camera.

Will take receipt of my IG in 1 week on Saturday Feb 3 :)

IMG_0730.jpegIMG_0731.jpeg

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered this.

22mm to 17mm adapter

This adapter doesn’t work. Its 22mm ball is too loose when installed in the Wolfbox 22.5mm socket. I experimented with shims but the neat solution seems to be an external rubber tube.

I’m kinda tired of messing with it. I think I will use Wolfbox’s standard rubber straps over the factory mirror.

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This adapter doesn’t work. Its 22mm ball is too loose when installed in the Wolfbox 22.5mm socket. I experimented with shims but the neat solution seems to be an external rubber tube.

I’m kinda tired of messing with it. I think I will use Wolfbox’s standard rubber straps over the factory mirror.
67 designs is soon to release an adapter for the factory mirror mount to Wolfbox mirror. Their CEO has been keeping me updated on this - he sent an alpha/beta version of this mount to Brian at Goose Gear to test for him (since Sewell, their local Ineos dealer probably didn't want them removing the OEM mirror from a customer's vehicle). They have already received feedback from Brian on the fit and are making some last adjustments to the design. Have patience and stay tuned for some good news shortly.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
67 designs is soon to release an adapter for the factory mirror mount to Wolfbox mirror. Their CEO has been keeping me updated on this - he sent an alpha/beta version of this mount to Brian at Goose Gear to test for him (since Sewell, their local Ineos dealer probably didn't want them removing the OEM mirror from a customer's vehicle). They have already received feedback from Brian on the fit and are making some last adjustments to the design. Have patience and stay tuned for some good news shortly.
Good news. I did buy all the other bits from eBay bummer that it sounds like they won’t fly due to 1/2mm tolerance difference

Back
Top Bottom