The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wolf Box

wolfbox_logo_e68cf9b7-062c-40e0-a6b8-6f94291edbd3.png.jpeg

As the leading brand in the automotive electronics market, WOLFBOX has earned its reputation with an unwavering commitment to quality and durability. We strive to deliver cutting-edge electronics with the latest trends and technology to enhance the driving experience and cater to the evolving needs of modern drivers.

At WOLFBOX, we understand that driving is more than just a means of transportation – it's an exploration, an adventure waiting to unfold. WOLFBOX is your trusted companion, encouraging you to venture beyond your comfort zone and discover the extraordinary.

Wolfbox have agreed to give forum members a discount on their products, the discount varies depending on region unfortunatelyf.

They didn't say if this was in addition to any other promotions but its worth a go.

For USA Customers ONLY 18% discount with the coupon code below.

Code

GRENADIERS-USA

WOLFBOX USA Site

For UK Customers and EU 20% discount with the coupon code below.

Code

GRENADIERS-UK

WOLFBOX UK Site

For AU and NZ Customers 20% discount with the coupon code below

Code

GRENADIERS-AU​

WOLFBOX AU Site

WOLFBOX G850 Rearview Mirror Backup Camera Dash Cam Smart Mirror​

wolfbox-g850-rearview-mirror-backup-camera-dash-cam-877069.jpg
The smart way to record your driving experience with a choice of G850 4K mirror rearview mirror backup camera.

Please note, the forum discount only applies to orders placed directly with WOLFBOX and not via 3rd parties.
The forum may earn a small commission from any sales generated by the links above or by using the coupon code.

Last edited:

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:08 PM
Reaction score
Thank you! Good to know. Will switch to footwell for power.

Enjoy! I ran it to a 2x12v + 3xUSB socket mounted under the passenger seat. That way I can power a phone charger etc all from the one switch.

There is of course another switch that powers them even when the ignition is off, so you have that option too.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:08 AM
Reaction score
2x12v + 3xUSB socket
Could you please post a picture of this device? I'm looking for something similar as I want to be able to have USB ports but also have the flexibility to have other devices (within the 10A spec of course) connected as well. A prebuilt unit would be more elegant than wiring up a bluesea box or similar to act as a splitter.

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Could you please post a picture of this device? I'm looking for something similar as I want to be able to have USB ports but also have the flexibility to have other devices (within the 10A spec of course) connected as well. A prebuilt unit would be more elegant than wiring up a bluesea box or similar to act as a splitter.
Of course. Apologies, these are Amazon UK links…

Cigarette Lighter Adapter 120W Car Cigarette Lighter Usb Socket: https://amzn.to/47LFARg (I forgot that it’s actually 3x12v and 4xUSB. Even better)

Female Cigarette Lighter Socket with Eyelet Terminal Plug: https://amzn.to/3u1eWWP

IMG_1125.jpeg

IMG_1124.jpeg

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Of course. Apologies, these are Amazon UK links…

Cigarette Lighter Adapter 120W Car Cigarette Lighter Usb Socket: https://amzn.to/47LFARg (I forgot that it’s actually 3x12v and 4xUSB. Even better)

Female Cigarette Lighter Socket with Eyelet Terminal Plug: https://amzn.to/3u1eWWP
Excellent. Thank you. I searched based on your post and found those but the wiring adapter was the missing piece of the puzzle.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Found this one which already has the ring terminals on Amazon US, but I prefer the layout of this one if I choose to mount it in the footwell. The switches for the 12V outlets would be pretty convenient and the voltage display is in a better position.

BoiseIdaho

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:08 PM
Reaction score
I don’t have my IG, yet. But, this looks like a great solution, especially with the 25% off. Looking at the reviews of the G900, some have complained about the night vision. Can anyone with the G900 comment what their experience has been at night?
Thank you!

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:08 AM
Reaction score

tristand

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I installed a g900 this morning - the installation took less than an hour including wiring.

The simplest way to do it is to pull off the plastic trim around the rear door latch (on the ceiling) and the centre roof console. You can then use a rod to fish the camera cable from the top of the rear door opening to the roof console without dropping the headliner. Install the hardwire adapter above the roof console next to the ecall unit and power it from the feed to one of the int 10A switches (live when ignition is on) or from the output of on of the switches (if you want to be able to turn it off when the aux power switch is on.

From there you can poke the USBC and power cables down behind the rear view mirror and install the screen.

I installed the camera central on the roof with a wedge to angle it slightly down then ran the wires behind the door seals to the door latch surround. The wires on the roof were taped down into the panel gaps.

Simple!

Tristan

donnygreygrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:08 PM
Reaction score
I installed a g900 this morning - the installation took less than an hour including wiring.

The simplest way to do it is to pull off the plastic trim around the rear door latch (on the ceiling) and the centre roof console. You can then use a rod to fish the camera cable from the top of the rear door opening to the roof console without dropping the headliner. Install the hardwire adapter above the roof console next to the ecall unit and power it from the feed to one of the int 10A switches (live when ignition is on) or from the output of on of the switches (if you want to be able to turn it off when the aux power switch is on.

From there you can poke the USBC and power cables down behind the rear view mirror and install the screen.

I installed the camera central on the roof with a wedge to angle it slightly down then ran the wires behind the door seals to the door latch surround. The wires on the roof were taped down into the panel gaps.

Simple!

Tristan

Sounds like a very elegant solution - do you happened to have any photos of the process?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Also - was this an inside or outside camera mount?"..
"...I installed the camera central on the roof with a wedge to angle it slightly down then ran the wires behind the door seals to the door latch surround. The wires on the roof were taped down into the panel gaps."

Vineyard Matt

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Simple!

Tristan
Hi Tristan,

Very interested in your solution, I'm keen to improve the rear visibility but am quite new at modding things myself, though enthusiastic :), what part of the UK are you in?

Simple!

Tristan
Hi Tristan, really like your solution :). Im new to modding things (apart from vineyard kit :) ), would be very interested in some more information / pictures / general advice. Im in the UK, SE, guessing you are further afield, I'd be really keen for a chat if you had time?

Anyway, any information appreciated :)

VM

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Simple!

Tristan
Do you want constant power available for the mirror in Park mode? Or do you plan to flip the switch, or not use this feature?

tristand

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Tristan,

Very interested in your solution, I'm keen to improve the rear visibility but am quite new at modding things myself, though enthusiastic :), what part of the UK are you in?

Hi Tristan, really like your solution :). Im new to modding things (apart from vineyard kit :) ), would be very interested in some more information / pictures / general advice. Im in the UK, SE, guessing you are further afield, I'd be really keen for a chat if you had time?

Anyway, any information appreciated :)

VM
I'm in Herefordshire.

I didn't take any pictures while I was installing but I'll take a few this weekend.

Tristan

Back
Top Bottom