The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wolf Box

wolfbox_logo_e68cf9b7-062c-40e0-a6b8-6f94291edbd3.png.jpeg

As the leading brand in the automotive electronics market, WOLFBOX has earned its reputation with an unwavering commitment to quality and durability. We strive to deliver cutting-edge electronics with the latest trends and technology to enhance the driving experience and cater to the evolving needs of modern drivers.

At WOLFBOX, we understand that driving is more than just a means of transportation – it's an exploration, an adventure waiting to unfold. WOLFBOX is your trusted companion, encouraging you to venture beyond your comfort zone and discover the extraordinary.

Wolfbox have agreed to give forum members a discount on their products, the discount varies depending on region unfortunatelyf.

They didn't say if this was in addition to any other promotions but its worth a go.

For USA Customers ONLY 18% discount with the coupon code below.

Code

GRENADIERS-USA

WOLFBOX USA Site

For UK Customers and EU 20% discount with the coupon code below.

Code

GRENADIERS-UK

WOLFBOX UK Site

For AU and NZ Customers 20% discount with the coupon code below

Code

GRENADIERS-AU​

WOLFBOX AU Site

WOLFBOX G850 Rearview Mirror Backup Camera Dash Cam Smart Mirror​

wolfbox-g850-rearview-mirror-backup-camera-dash-cam-877069.jpg
The smart way to record your driving experience with a choice of G850 4K mirror rearview mirror backup camera.

Please note, the forum discount only applies to orders placed directly with WOLFBOX and not via 3rd parties.
The forum may earn a small commission from any sales generated by the links above or by using the coupon code.

Last edited:

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:55 AM
Reaction score
I can confirm the NAS mirror ball is 16mm. I got the multipack of ball adapters someone posted the other day and this one fits the stalk.

View attachment 7842791
The mount it comes with doesn't quite angle as far over towards the driver as the stock mirror. Once the camera is running I'll have to see if I can deal with that.

View attachment 7842792View attachment 7842793
This is great I have the same bits. Mine is currently strapped to the oem mirror. Would you be kind enough to take a picture of the top and front with this setup? Can you clear the “airbag” light thing with the wires coming out from the top of the mirror?

Is it nice and tight with the adapter? Does it shake or vibrate at all?

I’m actually pretty happy with the strap approach for fixing to the oem mirror but have the bits for adapter install just haven’t done it yet

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:55 AM
Reaction score
This is great I have the same bits. Mine is currently strapped to the oem mirror. Would you be kind enough to take a picture of the top and front with this setup? Can you clear the “airbag” light thing with the wires coming out from the top of the mirror?

Is it nice and tight with the adapter? Does it shake or vibrate at all?

I’m actually pretty happy with the strap approach for fixing to the oem mirror but have the bits for adapter install just haven’t done it yet
I had a pic from the front in the first post but it got hidden by the attachment editor. I resized it and it should show up for you. If you need a different angle let me know. It's a shot of the front showing that you can still see the airbag display, but it is definitely more hidden by the Wolfbox and once I wire up it will probably hide a lot of the notification lights from the airbag warnings. As far as the adapter goes it is tight. Far better than I thought it would be based on the size of the screws holding the bracket on (the same ones hold on the strap hooks). Unfortunately there is some vibration of the mirror which seems to be due to the units size rather than anything I've done, and the mirror power button rattles like mad so I'm waiting to hear back from the company before moving forward with the install. I may try some felt tape behind the bracket to see if it calms down the vibration if it's still shaky once it's using video rather than reflection.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had a pic from the front in the first post but it got hidden by the attachment editor. I resized it and it should show up for you. If you need a different angle let me know. It's a shot of the front showing that you can still see the airbag display, but it is definitely more hidden by the Wolfbox and once I wire up it will probably hide a lot of the notification lights from the airbag warnings. As far as the adapter goes it is tight. Far better than I thought it would be based on the size of the screws holding the bracket on (the same ones hold on the strap hooks). Unfortunately there is some vibration of the mirror which seems to be due to the units size rather than anything I've done, and the mirror power button rattles like mad so I'm waiting to hear back from the company before moving forward with the install. I may try some felt tape behind the bracket to see if it calms down the vibration if it's still shaky once it's using video rather than reflection.
Thanks for this Bruce. I did also see your pic from the side in another thread. With the adapter, it seems to sit a little more forward and little higher than with the strap method which I am running right now. I have zero vibrations or rattling at the moment. I will see what it is like with the adapter method next. Thanks again.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I finished. I originally had the yellow going to FC04 but that left the mirror on 100% of the time. Obviously since it was the clock. I changed that to FC14 and the red wire FC21. If I want to power the mirror when off I'd just flip the overheard switch to on. You can kind of see the ground wire on the lower bulkhead bolt & washer.

20240207_014103363_iOS.jpg20240207_013345995_iOS.jpg

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just finished wiring up power and hiding most of the rear camera cable. I ran out of time before school pickup and only have the BAT+ wire tapped into the rear 12V outlet fuse (accessory power). It all works as is so I think I will leave the ACC+ cable connection unplugged until I am ready to start recording when parked (for security). Until I am more confident in the 2 battery setup I don't want any parasitic draw. Definitely a better rear view and you can zoom if your concerned about a difference in perspective vs a real mirror.

I am going to be short about 2 feet to reach the rear camera. Came down the right A pillar, along the sills to the back, under the cargo floor, and along the door strut. Once the 5 foot extension I ordered is here, provided it works, I'll remove the window trim and hide any excess and the junctions inside.

Edit: I had the wire colors backwards when I was typing because the fuse taps are all red.

I am not planning to install GPS.

Dashcam.JPG

Last edited:

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had a couple dropouts yesterday during start stop. I wonder if the current draw makes enough of a drop that only one wire is not enough for the mirror. Added a wago to the fuse tap so both yellow and red are connected. Pretty sure the rear 12v can handle it.

Also, the power button on mine rattled a lot. They recommended taping it which isn't a good long term solution. They sent me a replacement mirror, which I still have to install, but should be a quick job of moving the bracket over since the wiring is all done.

Edit: Dont order the 33 foot extension if you need more slack. I got this 5 footer and it will be enough for me to finish routing through the rear door.

Last edited:

ScottnAZ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone tapped in to the reverse lights; so the parking guide lines appear on the Wolfbox mirror when backing up?

IMG_1794.jpeg

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:55 PM
Reaction score
Having experimented with manually triggering the reversing lines (giving 12v to the red dangling cable), and attempting to use the Wolfbox in that mode for some reverse parking, my conclusion was that it wasn’t worth tapping into the reversing lights to make this happen automatically while reversing. My reasoning is that I’d still end up looking at the inbuilt reversing camera to get the angles right anyway. The Wolfbox is great for a rear view camera but even with the reversing lines overlaid the field of view is not ideal. So I use both cameras.

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:55 PM
Reaction score
Last edited:

AFdude412

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:55 AM
Reaction score
Sanity check me here, guys. I'm prepping to install the Wolfbox 900 and have read this thread in its entirety. Some folks here are not looking to have the constant power on the Batt + circuit to avoid constant draw, which I understand. However, the 900 has a 11.8v protection on the hardwire kit so I figured it would be worth while to try and find an Aux Battery source of 12vDC.

My thought was to use FC21 on the red ACC wire (12V Front Outlet - ACC powered). And because I have the secondary battery, hard wiring the yellow Bat + to FC23 (12V Rear Outlet). This would make this a convenient power source because all you would need to do is switch on the Aux Battery from the overhead if you wanted recording while protecting the starting battery. I confirmed this with a multimeter.

If you are using the Aux Battery for other things, like a fridge or power bank charging this may not be an ideal solution. But if you park at an airport for 2-4 days per week, perhaps this is a good workaround. Am I seeing the forest through the trees in this use case scenario here?

angstorms

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
It would be interesting if Wolfbox could support these side camera for blind spot monitoring,

Who really making them Echomaster https://catalog.echomaster.com/cata...9Q*MTcxMDk1ODI2Ni4xLjEuMTcxMDk1ODUwNS4wLjAuMA..

1710956632010.png
1710956676250.png

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
It would be interesting if Wolfbox could support these side camera for blind spot monitoring,

Who really making them Echomaster https://catalog.echomaster.com/cata...9Q*MTcxMDk1ODI2Ni4xLjEuMTcxMDk1ODUwNS4wLjAuMA..

There's only one camera input, so you pick the location you want.

AFdude412

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday I was able to install the Wolfbox G900 with the 67 Designs Mount.

Here are some highlights:
Although damage isn't likely, I used a 6.5' camera extension cable as a sacrificial piece in case the wire wears or breaks near the door strut.
I routed the cable over the top of the window sill and used PPF to take it down from the window sill trim to the door strut.
Power for ACC is FC21 (front 12v socket) and Bat+ on FC23 (rear 12v socket). FC23 is off the rear 12v outlet if you have the Aux Battery.
Also, there is a menu item in the software to keep the camera off while parking for those worried about battery drain.
The 67Designs mount is nice and install was straight forward. The only thing I can think that is different is the mirror is a little "giggly" going over bumps when compared to the strap on style. No big deal though.

Attachments

• tempImage2wJV6c.jpg
    tempImage2wJV6c.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 126
  • tempImage2zqUHI.jpg
    tempImage2zqUHI.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 128
  • tempImagefTOQQS.jpg
    tempImagefTOQQS.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 128
  • tempImagectVFCZ.jpg
    tempImagectVFCZ.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 123
  • tempImageYd0Ovz.jpg
    tempImageYd0Ovz.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 128

AFdude412

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@AFdude412 - how can the 67 Design mount be jiggly?! That is the whole point of this mount!
I think the point of the 67Designs mount it to get away from the strap on mirror while giving a better view for the front camera. It does that very well and am happy with my purchase. I also think the physics of such a large mirror on a radius arm doesn't have the same stability as the stock mirror centered on one ball and much smaller in mass. That said, the Wolfbox mirror is mounted solidly still; it's just over bumps you can see some jiggle to the screen. Par for the course? Either way, not a big deal. Just worth a mention.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:55 PM
Reaction score
I think the point of the 67Designs mount it to get away from the strap on mirror while giving a better view for the front camera. It does that very well and am happy with my purchase. I also think the physics of such a large mirror on a radius arm doesn't have the same stability as the stock mirror centered on one ball and much smaller in mass. That said, the Wolfbox mirror is mounted solidly still; it's just over bumps you can see some jiggle to the screen. Par for the course? Either way, not a big deal. Just worth a mention.
Is the mirror frame moving on the ball of the mount arm, or is the image moving on the screen; i.e. is it the mirror or your rear camera that's shaking? I'm not being clever. Genuine question.

Last edited:

AFdude412

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is the mirror frame moving on the ball of the mount arm, or is the image moving on the screen; i.e. is it the mirror or your rear camera that's shaking? I'm not being clever. Genuine question.
Valid question. I verified it by just tapping on the corner of the mirror to watch the vibration happen in the same manner as going over bumps. Again it’s very minor; just noticeable and doesn’t really take away the ability to view the camera.

Now if I could figure out how to get the darn headlight reflections from the rear door glass to go away. Both mirrors have that issue.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Now if I could figure out how to get the darn headlight reflections from the rear door glass to go away. Both mirrors have that issue.
Hmm . . . yes, that does seem to be a problem. How long has this been going on? Oh, right - since you installed the Wolfbox 900. And only happens at night? I see, I see. Well, cheer up, I can fix you up in a jiffy, no problem. Let me just write you this prescription ::scribble scribble:: ::sound of paper tearing::. Here you go, all you need to do is take two Molles and call me in the morning.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom