The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who wants an after market bumper / bar?

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:48 PM
Reaction score
I'm trying to persuade @buzzspecialvehicles to make a Stainless bull bar. I just know I'll break the crappy plastic bumper sooner or later.
So who would be interested in one were it available?
Personally I'd like a strong winch bumper with an A bar.
How about you?
They can be legally fitted in the UK, they are just not recommended.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:48 AM
Reaction score
We get a steel one in the US but I will support your efforts.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm trying to persuade @buzzspecialvehicles to make a Stainless bull bar. I just know I'll break the crappy plastic bumper sooner or later.
So who would be interested in one were it available?
Personally I'd like a strong winch bumper with an A bar.
How about you?
They can be legally fitted in the UK, they are just not recommended.
I've got Donny Grey and like the idea of a black powder coat one, haven't had one fitted for decades. But I am not convinced about the legality in the UK without checking, I thought they were not permitted. Ridged ones are illegal and those fitted must compile with 2007 EU legislation on pedestrian safety. ie it must be the soft " spongy type". Sort of defeats the purpose really. I think chrome/ stainless ones are illegal

Last edited:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:48 AM
Reaction score
I like the idea, nd they look great if done properly, but like Eric says I haven’t seen one like that for a few years in the UK, and wonder if they would pass an MOT (road worthy test in UK).

The price that IA seem to charge for parts, I think they would be a cheaper option if someone was involved in a bump.

I do wonder if there would be a bigger market for a steel low profile one though that could be winch compatible.

Or our Yank friends could just send us their metal ones, when they change over.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Something like this is what I'd like.

But in stainless steel. and sensible price

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I do!

Not a fan of the CAtuned image, at all. I would prefer a function oriented unit and resemble the ARB bar for 1990’s defenders.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
A simple center sections that uses the wings would suffice.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You have to remember the two radiators under there, that rules out quite a few designs. I'd have loved a simple tubular one but it wouldn't protect the rads.

Local time
5:48 AM
Reaction score
I do!

Not a fan of the CAtuned image, at all. I would prefer a function oriented unit and resemble the ARB bar for 1990’s defenders.
I have been checking the ARB and TJM websites every couple of months hoping for something like this.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You have to remember the two radiators under there, that rules out quite a few designs. I'd have loved a simple tubular one but it wouldn't protect the rads.
Ralph @ Sarek was talking about trying to relocate them at some point, but I don't love that idea.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Ralph @ Sarek was talking about trying to relocate them at some point, but I don't love that idea.
He did it for l663. They ended up putting a larger radiator in l663 and it worked. You can get a larger bmw radiator but one of the units for transmission correct?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
He did it for l663. They ended up putting a larger radiator in l663 and it worked. You can get a larger bmw radiator but one of the units for transmission correct?
Driver's side (LHD) is for the transfer case specifically

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm very interested in a North American bullbar, ideally with loops or good front corner coverage. And if it's part of a better bumper (or just center section), that's great if it accommodates the factory winch.

My backup plan is to order the Australian factory bullbar. I like the look and coverage of it. But the shipping to North America ... ouch.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I'm very interested in a North American bullbar, ideally with loops or good front corner coverage. And if it's part of a better bumper (or just center section), that's great if it accommodates the factory winch.

My backup plan is to order the Australian factory bullbar. I like the look and coverage of it. But the shipping to North America ... ouch.
Hold off on the AUS Bullard because ppl in the states have stated that bull bar interferes with the parking sensors .

Back
Top Bottom