The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

NA Bull Bar

Local time
10:15 AM
Reaction score
I was just curious as to the information surrounding bull bar in North America (US) specifically. It seems as though the group consensus is that we will not receive that option here. It is not on the configurator for the US, but it is for Australia, most countries in Africa, and most in the Middle East.

I understand that in the Europe there are legal obstacles that would prevent it from being factory fit, but in the US, the G class has either lower or upper brush guards, and a handful of other vehicles could be fitted from the factory (or dealer) with them, too (like some Land Rovers, or even the Tahoe/Suburban until about 2011).

Is this all speculation, and the fact that it is not an option on our configurator? Or is there more that I have missed?

I particularly like the bull bar… in fact, there is not a single vehicle in my family that is not fitted with a replacement winch bumper or brush guard, from my wife, to my brother to either of my parents! With the exception of the sedans. More upside to the protection and utility than not for my use…

Local time
9:15 AM
Reaction score
I like the bull bar too. It cleans up the front end nicely and might offer some protection.

I asked this question, which was answered in the first North American Q&A. The response was a flat no "because of regulations for pedestrian saftey." Not saying that's technically correct, but it's the answer they gave.

If its not available for us here, I'll be looking to help coordinate a group buy from Australia or elsewhere. Seems like it could easily be bolted on later.

Dallas_TX_Grenadier

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
11:15 AM
Reaction score
Yes confirmed at Bridgeport,TX drive event and the Q&A video from last week that NA will be getting the steel bumper. Huge win. Will be easy to add the Roo Bar from Australia if not offered on the USA build at launch.

I should have asked if the bull bar would be offered because of the steel bumper being confirmed now for NA. The Ineos rep there at the drive event did hint they are working with lots of North America companies on more accessories coming including different rock sliders.

Maybe they are working with a North America supplier for a Bull Bar currently? I hope so. Would be a good question for someone to ask at the next test drive event.

Local time
9:15 AM
Reaction score
I wonder if we might eventually get a NA-spec brush guard made of plastic/rubber. Depending on your point of view and use case, that might be a better choice than the steel roo bar. Less durable but also safer for pedestrians.

I'd probably sign up for a roo bar group buy though.

Local time
Reaction score
Has it been confirmed that the rear bumper is also steel for NA?

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:15 PM
Reaction score
An early draught of a nudge bar or bunny bar...can't wait to have the vehicle and create a prototype but will follow the same lines/angles coming down from the opening under the bonnet...it will have to be fitted the same way as the bull/roo bar with regards to sensors, I would imagine...any thoughts?...happy motoring

Attachments

• Grenadier Nudge copy.jpg
    Grenadier Nudge copy.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 98

Drausch1976

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They said today at the NY event that few of the add ons they cannot offer from the build because of crash testing. The 3/4 roof rack and the Roo bar are part of those accessories that are not crash teated and will need to be added aftermarket

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:15 AM
Reaction score
An early draught of a nudge bar or bunny bar...can't wait to have the vehicle and create a prototype but will follow the same lines/angles coming down from the opening under the bonnet...it will have to be fitted the same way as the bull/roo bar with regards to sensors, I would imagine...any thoughts?...happy motoring
question - does that serve any purpose other than somewhere else to attach spot lights? You guys are getting the steel bumper yeah? That certainly doesn't provide any protection for anything.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
question - does that serve any purpose other than somewhere else to attach spot lights? You guys are getting the steel bumper yeah? That certainly doesn't provide any protection for anything.
Agreed, other than a mount for lights and or aerials they are pointless

Local time
6:15 PM
Reaction score

Bella figura...as the Italians would say...out and about it might have its advantages, hence the name in your part of the world..

Reactions: Max

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Agreed, other than a mount for lights and or aerials they are pointless
I agree but If it is beefy enough in my experience they can also push...certain things do get in your way from time to time...it will be handy with saplings on a few properties I visit...happy motoring ;)

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was told at my drive event a bull bar should be available as an aftermarket accessory at the NA dealers. Could not come from factory with it on due to no crash testing with it mounted.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I did a post last week showing the legal requirements for bars in Australia.
Basically you can't make your own.
I agree but If it is beefy enough in my experience they can also push...certain things do get in your way from time to time...it will be handy with saplings on a few properties I visit...happy motoring ;)
Just order the roo bar that comes with it.
It looks good, is legal, works with the airbags and has a 5 year warranty
1683238537537.png1683238616494.png

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

DaveB

Queensland Australia shopping centre car park 3 weeks ago...must be legal it has sensors on the struts between bar and the bottom rail...it reminded me of the mask on Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs...what a joke.

Attachments

• IMG_6215.jpg
    IMG_6215.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Local time
10:15 AM
Reaction score
I did a post last week showing the legal requirements for bars in Australia.
Basically you can't make your own.

Just order the roo bar that comes with it.
It looks good, is legal, works with the airbags and has a 5 year warranty
View attachment 7810525View attachment 7810526

That looks fantastic.

I was told at my drive event a bull bar should be available as an aftermarket accessory at the NA dealers. Could not come from factory with it on due to no crash testing with it mounted.

I hope you are right!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

DaveB

Queensland Australia shopping centre car park 3 weeks ago...must be legal it has sensors on the struts between bar and the bottom rail...it reminded me of the mask on Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs...what a joke.
Not allowed to come above the bonnet line
Blinkers are blocked, not to mention the headlights and driving lights.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

DaveB

It might surprise you, but there are areas way west of the great divide where this sort of bullbar makes perfect sense, particularly if you need to regularly drive at night.

But not the one on the commodore ute, that’s just silly. 😂

Back
Top Bottom