The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

NA Bull Bar

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:27 AM
Reaction score
It might surprise you, but there are areas way west of the great divide where this sort of bullbar makes perfect sense, particularly if you need to regularly drive at night.

But not the one on the commodore ute, that’s just silly. 😂
I have seen hundreds at places like the Gympie muster on Holden utes that are straight off a Kenworth truck.
No need to worry about pedestrian safety when the nearest footpath is 500kms away

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Local time
8:27 AM
Reaction score

DaveB

Queensland Australia shopping centre car park 3 weeks ago...must be legal it has sensors on the struts between bar and the bottom rail...it reminded me of the mask on Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs...what a joke.
Holy Shit, now thats a Bull Bar

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
11:27 AM
Reaction score
Yes confirmed at Bridgeport,TX drive event and the Q&A video from last week that NA will be getting the steel bumper. Huge win. Will be easy to add the Roo Bar from Australia if not offered on the USA build at launch.

I should have asked if the bull bar would be offered because of the steel bumper being confirmed now for NA. The Ineos rep there at the drive event did hint they are working with lots of North America companies on more accessories coming including different rock sliders.

Maybe they are working with a North America supplier for a Bull Bar currently? I hope so. Would be a good question for someone to ask at the next test drive event.
See the attached photo of a NA-spec Trialmaster (at my dealer). Note that the bumper seems to have the mounting holes for the Bull Bar. So if we can get the Aussie Bull Bar, it will be a bolt-on. I asked (on FB) for some Aussie owners to see how the Bull Bar is attached. Possibly it is bolted down to the frame below the bumper? I am going to the dealer Monday and will inspect more!

Attachments

• US Trialmaster.jpg
    US Trialmaster.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 132

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
See the attached photo of a NA-spec Trialmaster (at my dealer). Note that the bumper seems to have the mounting holes for the Bull Bar. So if we can get the Aussie Bull Bar, it will be a bolt-on. I asked (on FB) for some Aussie owners to see how the Bull Bar is attached. Possibly it is bolted down to the frame below the bumper? I am going to the dealer Monday and will inspect more!
The bar is mounted through the front of the bumper, not from the top.
1697317778893.png

Local time
10:27 AM
Reaction score
I did a post last week showing the legal requirements for bars in Australia.
Basically you can't make your own.

Just order the roo bar that comes with it.
It looks good, is legal, works with the airbags and has a 5 year warranty
View attachment 7810525View attachment 7810526
Dave, where did you find the chequerplate for the hood area? Also, did you satin wrap the truck? Looks amazing.
Thanks,
Joe

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:27 AM
Reaction score
Dave, where did you find the chequerplate for the hood area? Also, did you satin wrap the truck? Looks amazing.
Thanks,
Joe
The wing top plates are IA and are a dealer install.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
in fact, there is not a single vehicle in my family that is not fitted with a replacement winch bumper or brush guard, from my wife, to my brother to either of my parents! With the exception of the sedans.

What are you waiting for? bust out the welder and get something on those Corollas and Focuses (Foci?) ;)

But yes, a bullbar is essential equipment in my books, so much so that I went out of my way and risked nearly $3k on an ARB bar for my Canyon. ARB don't actually make a bullbar for the Canyon, but they do for the Colorado which is identical except for the front fascia (hence the risk). But mechanically, the ARB preserves airbags, mounts the same, and has all the benefits that @DaveB spoke to on the Ineos version.

It's interesting to do the steel bumper with bolt-on bullbar; typically I prefer a fully welded version but I don't know if there's an engineering reason for me to prefer that or if it's just a case of "That's how ARB does it so it's best".

Personally now that I'm waiting for the vehicle for a bit longer, I can also afford to wait and see what ARB come out with - not to sound like a commercial for them, but I don't think there are any other bars that have been as proven, for as long, as ARB so it seems like an easy and safe choice.

P.S. Wyoming - ARB don't make one for a Corolla :D

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
@Fidei Defensor
I love that picture I took and these other pictures when was test driving. Let me know if you have questions.

Attachments

• 20231013_143410.jpg
    20231013_143410.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 20231013_132808.jpg
    20231013_132808.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 20231013_143523.jpg
    20231013_143523.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 20231013_132827.jpg
    20231013_132827.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 20231013_132820.jpg
    20231013_132820.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 97

GreatestDane36

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:27 AM
Reaction score
I have hit an Elk and a Deer with my Land Cruiser 200... I love my ARB Bumper. I would also need a Bull Bar on the Grenadier

Local time
Reaction score
I wonder if we might eventually get a NA-spec brush guard made of plastic/rubber. Depending on your point of view and use case, that might be a better choice than the steel roo bar. Less durable but also safer for pedestrians.

I'd probably sign up for a roo bar group buy though.
If you get run over by a Grenadier the roo bar will be the least of your worries.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Looks good.

Looks like the side bars are attached to the front of the bull bar with some screws? I guess it's not entirely out of the question that I bring a set back from Australia as luggage... Big but seems possible

Back
Top Bottom