The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Alu-Cab Load Bar Feet and Crossbars

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:35 AM
Reaction score
Just noticed that Alu-Cab has released their roof cross bar option -

https://www.alu-cab.com/product/ineos-grenadier-load-bar-feet/

Similar mounting as the BlackSheep roof rack. Not sure how it’s supported other than the few pics on their website. Pricing in the US is $229.00 for a set of 4 feet (enough for 2 load bars) plus a set of 1450 load bars is $219.00. Curious to see if anyone has seen these in person?

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Those are pretty clean. Only problem I can see is that they don’t allow for any movement fore or aft.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:35 AM
Reaction score
Heads up you can only mount the awning to the alu cab tent.

Local time
7:35 AM
Reaction score
Just noticed that Alu-Cab has released their roof cross bar option -

https://www.alu-cab.com/product/ineos-grenadier-load-bar-feet/

Similar mounting as the BlackSheep roof rack. Not sure how it’s supported other than the few pics on their website. Pricing in the US is $229.00 for a set of 4 feet (enough for 2 load bars) plus a set of 1450 load bars is $219.00. Curious to see if anyone has seen these in person?
I bought a set. Very heavy duty. I would have preferred if they attached to all three load bar attachment points but I'm sure two is plenty. I really like that they do not attach to the gutter or the actual load bars. I see no way these could damage any painted surface. They also have a low profile and do not detract from the lines of the roof. I only needed something to occasionally transport long items. I also believe these have a large enough flat surface to mount some flat area lights. My opinion; these are much better than the Rhino Rack cross bars sold through Ineos.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I bought a set. Very heavy duty. I would have preferred if they attached to all three load bar attachment points but I'm sure two is plenty. I really like that they do not attach to the gutter or the actual load bars. I see no way these could damage any painted surface. They also have a low profile and do not detract from the lines of the roof. I only needed something to occasionally transport long items. I also believe these have a large enough flat surface to mount some flat area lights. My opinion; these are much better than the Rhino Rack cross bars sold through Ineos.
Hi Grenon, Congrats on the Alu-Cab brackets and load bars. If you have the time, could you measure how high the load bars set above the 4 rubber/plastic strips on the Grenadier roof.
My garage clearance is very tight. The measurement I am looking for is the exact distance from the top of the rubber/plastic roof strip to the top of the load bar.
If you could add some photos of what the back of brackets look like and how they attach to the load bars that would be great too. Thanks, DaBull

Last edited:

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ll second the request for measurements and if you wouldn’t mind taking a few pics. Not much to see on the Alu-Cab site. I do like how these mount.

bullockp

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:35 PM
Reaction score
3rd that request - I would also be interested your view of conecting via the grab handles vs the gutter - my short bit of research suggests that it may be better due to a slight flex (and ultimately hairline cracks) in the gutter

Ultralight

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I found the Alu Cab drawings on their website for the feet and load bars which provide dimensions. I have a similar problem with garage clearance, and i only use the cross bars and cargo pod occasionally so i'm looking for quick install and uninstall process. I bought the Rhino Rack Reconn Deck cross bars with the gutter mount feet and find them heavy and awkward to install and my existing Rhino Rack Roof Pod claw feet wont open wide enough to clamp on the Reconn Deck as the claws will only open 95mm wide and the Reconn deck is 110mm wide. The Alu Cab load bars are 80mm wide x 25mm high and will easily clamp on. The spacing between the Alu Cab loads bars is roughly 920mm centre to centre so i just need to make sure the Roof Pod claw feet spacing are the same.

Attachments

• IG-LB-FEET-P001-GA.pdf
    270.8 KB · Views: 46
  • LB-1450.pdf
    226.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Rhino Rack claw mount.jpg
    Rhino Rack claw mount.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 56

Ultralight

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have added some more reference photos for others trying to fit Thule or Rhino Rack claw mounts to Rhino Rack Reconn Deck. There is another thread on Facebook showing someone sliding the claws onto the Reconn Deck and clamping the tips of the claws in the fore and aft T-Slots. I looked into that and it doesn't seem right safety wise. The Rhino claw will slide on the Reconn Deck but leaves no room for the thickness of the pod. The best solution from Rhino Rack would be to produce new claws that open wider and have deeper teeth. I also looked at the Thule Pro Bar gutter mount cross bars but they are also too big for both Thule and Rhino Rack claws. Thule say you need the Thule T-track Adapter 697-6. So for now the best solution on the market for quick install/uninstall of cross bars and roof/cargo pods with claw mounts is the Alu-Cab solution from South Africa.
Hope some of this info helps someone.

Attachments

• Claw depth under Pod.jpg
    Claw depth under Pod.jpg
    636.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Gap dim Claw T-Slot slide on.jpg
    Gap dim Claw T-Slot slide on.jpg
    601.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Rhino Claw slide on Reconn.jpg
    Rhino Claw slide on Reconn.jpg
    600.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Recconn Deck Installation.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 1

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Andiamo, Thanks for posting this photo with the very accurate measurements. To high to clear my garage opening, however I am working on my own custom brackets and load bars that will have an overall height of just 1" over the rubber strips, thereby lowering the overall height by 1.5" over the Alu-Cab Brackets/Load Bar. Will post with photos once completed. DaBull

bamanuke

Production/Transit
Local time
7:35 AM
Reaction score
Went ahead and ordered the Alu-Cab option. Figured for just $500 it wasn’t much of a risk and I like the way these attach to the vehicle. Will post up some thoughts once I receive them!
Just a heads up, there may be a bit of a wait. Ordered mine ~ 3 weeks ago , found out they weren't actually in stock last week when we called to ask about the status. They said that they were in port and should have them this week, today when I called, they said that they were stuck in port and should have them next week. No idea when I'll get 'em.

Back
Top Bottom