The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from the Essex countryside

Farmer Michael

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
6:51 AM
Reaction score
I am an Essex farmer who has ordered a Grenadier. I had lost hope of their being a 5 seat commercial,  the only variant I was interested in. Even when I saw Ineos at the Lamma show in the first week of May the representative I spoke to said that there was only going to be a two seat commercial. I came home resigned to the idea that I would be piloting my 2018 Hilux (Active base spec) double cab for years to come and had almost set about asking for a refund of  my reservation made in September last year. Whilst the Hilux does my job just fine I really miss the full time 4x4 of the two Defender 110s and an L200 that preceded it. For the record 2003 110 Td5 DC was mostly excellent and only left the farm in 2019 having become an employees daily driver. I then had a 2009 110 2.4 Utility Wagon which was a dog's dinner and with hindsight I should have rejected, endless electric and electronic faults.  The 2014 L200 was OK but very thirsty and had a porous block which although fixed under warranty made me decide  to try a Hilux which has been mostly good although I have had to fit an aftermarket sump guard having destroyed  the original in three months; it has also had replacement glow plugs fitted which is a known issue. 

A thread on the farming forum then mentioned that the base SW Grenadier was classed as a commercial so I used my reservation to place an order for a magic mushroom SW with rough and smooth packs, rear ladder, tow bar, side steps and roof bars for my wide load sign and beacons. The only option I  have dithered over is the additional electrical connections pack, but it seems a bit expensive for what I need. 

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:51 AM
Reaction score
Welcome Michael! 

Also from the Essex countryside here, and got a lot of Farming friends I work and shoot with! 

Seems we've ordered the exact same colour and spec Grenadier as well, If you're local to me that may become confusing! ?

Lots of great info and discussion regarding the various options on here. 

Steve

Back
Top Bottom