The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Winch not working

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:19 AM
Reaction score
Ok so wonder if anyone has come across this and if so identified the issue and resolved it.

When I turn the winch switch on on the overhead panel I hear a click from rhe rear, but the light doesn’t come on on the switch and the controller won’t pair, by which I assume no power getting to the winch.

Possibly I am doing something wrong but I have followed the steps in the winch manual.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:19 PM
Reaction score
From memory, there are a specific set of circumstances that allow the winch to be powered (in addition to the switch). Someone else I'm sure can recite the specifics, but I think they include low range, CDL engaged, and off-road mode?

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
From memory, there are a specific set of circumstances that allow the winch to be powered (in addition to the switch). Someone else I'm sure can recite the specifics, but I think they include low range, CDL engaged, and off-road mode?
As far as I am aware, engine on, P,N or R and switch turned on. Don’t think you need low range etc, certainly not according to the manual, but happy to be wrong if someone can confirm

21DFND

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Winch will only work when in N , D or R and engine running with 500 amp switch on. wont work in park

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:19 PM
Reaction score
As far as I am aware, engine on, P,N or R and switch turned on. Don’t think you need low range etc, certainly not according to the manual, but happy to be wrong if someone can confirm
If the manual says no low range/CDL, then go with that, my information is from a tech document that was fairly early on

CBN

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just tried mine - put it in neutral, 500A switch on and paired it. Went in and out with no issues

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:19 PM
Reaction score
When I turn the winch switch on on the overhead panel I hear a click from rhe rear, but the light doesn’t come on on the switch and the controller won’t pair, by which I assume no power getting to the winch.

Possibly I am doing something wrong but I have followed the steps in the winch manual.
If you were hearing the solenoid engage in the rear quarter panel then you must have been flicking the right switches ~ that solenoid gives power to the NATO socket. There should also have been a similar noise from the front, where the solenoid for the winch is located. Both are powered off the same switch.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you were hearing the solenoid engage in the rear quarter panel then you must have been flicking the right switches ~ that solenoid gives power to the NATO socket. There should also have been a similar noise from the front, where the solenoid for the winch is located. Both are powered off the same switch.
Don’t think it was the big rear solenoid, I think I was just hearing a smaller relay under the rear seat

Back
Top Bottom