The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Factory Winch- yay or nay?

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:26 AM
Reaction score
I didn’t get the factory winch. The only reason, was the cost to be honest. It just seems like a heck of a lot of money. I thought I would get one in the aftermarket. However, I am now thinking maybe I need to get the factory winch so it is easily placed behind the bumper with the cool bracket in the bumper for the cable. All of the other winches for keeps and stuff seem to be fit into that space Ineos created. I am going to get a winch for sure.
Last winter I bottomed out a Toyota landcruiser in Wyoming in a snow bank in the middle of a snowstorm. I was a pain in the ass and that was a big rig! I do need a winch before winter, so if something doesn’t come a lot soon I may be back at the dealer.

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:26 AM
Reaction score
Assuming the Grenadier uses the Red Winch Nomad 12,000 pounder the winch itself is over $2,200 if you were to buy it. You are right, they are very expensive but not really that expensive compared to other top options, the Warn Zeon 12 with synthetic cable is around $1,800. You can certainly find cheaper winches but then factor in the cost of a bumper, wiring, springs, etc and I might not be that much more from the factory.

What part of Chicago are you in?

Eyedogtor

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:26 AM
Reaction score
First question, do you need a winch? For me, after getting stuck in a bad situation in Maine years ago with my Jeep (and without a winch), I promised I would never have an off-road vehicle without a winch again. period.

As for the Factory option? It's an awesome unit by RED, all prewired and integrated in the bumper, and from the manufacturer.

You're paying a premium of about $2k give or take maybe - but for me, my stage of life, my situation, it's a no brainer.

Back
Top Bottom