The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Why does it bong when I driver over a hump?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:52 PM
Reaction score
An observation when I drive a particular route. It is reproducible.

When I drive to Christian & Vera (like the day before yesterday), there is a junction of a hillside street with another street where you have to drive a sharp turn over a fairly steep asphalt hump, about a meter in diameter. Whenever I do so, the Grenadier issues a bong, but there is no message on the screen and nothing seems to change. It is not like driving fast over a speed breaker, I'm quite slow in that moment: the junction can not be driven with much more than walking speed, I can not test weather or not a cruise control would drop out. But this is not the point here.

The interesting question is: "why does it bong"?

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
4:52 PM
Reaction score

When I drive to Christian & Vera (like the day before yesterday), there is a junction of a hillside street with another street where you have to drive a sharp turn over a fairly steep asphalt hump, about a meter in diameter. Whenever I do so, the Grenadier issues a bong, but there is no message on the screen and nothing seems to change. It is not like driving fast over a speed breaker, I'm quite slow in that moment: the junction can not be driven with much more than walking speed, I can not test weather or not a cruise control would drop out. But this is not the point here.

Rear doors.. if you look at the screen when you next go over the hump, you should see the rear door open icon flash up for a split second..

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:52 PM
Reaction score
A rear door sensor complains when driving over a hump. That's absolutely crazy. 🥳

Thank you all so much for the replies. It never occurred to me that a back door sensor could be the cause.

Next time, I'll switch of ESC before I drive there. (y)

BTW: concerning crazy effects with sensors: Christian had a problem with his Range Rover switching to limp mode. When I was there on Friday, he told/showed me the cause he had found. 🙃

I'm not entitled to tell you more. But the solution will be revealed within the next (two?) videos. It is totally crazy, I really had to laugh.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
4:52 PM
Reaction score
A rear door sensor complains when driving over a hump. That's absolutely crazy. 🥳

Thank you all so much for the replies. It never occurred to me that a back door sensor could be the cause.

BTW: concerning crazy effects with sensors: Christian had a problem with his Range Rover switching to limp mode. When I was there on Friday, he told/showed me the cause he had found. 🙃

I'm not entitled to tell you more. But the solution will be revealed within the next (two?) videos. It is totally crazy, I really had to laugh.
Forgot to mention that the bong cleared once I’d had the update done….
on a separate note, LRTime is essential viewing on Sunday mornings here and the FFRR project is most entertaining.. C&V come across as a very nice couple and C really knows his onions.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:52 AM
Reaction score

@emax the YouTube celebrity insider 😎

🤣

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:52 AM
Reaction score
Anymore collaboration between you guys? It would be a fun road trip with each you driving each other's cars on and off road.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
8:52 AM
Reaction score

@emax that’s the perfect candidate for the “what’s this error” monthly competition. Have you managed to get a video of the sound and the centre screen yet?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom