The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Used in anger for first time...

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:50 AM
Reaction score
Had my Gren for just over a week now, took it off road for the first time today. Trip to Lerderderg 4WD Training Park in Vic, cracking place to try it out. Bone dry in most parts (a couple of ruts on shaded tracks still held water). Mostly dry dirt, fine dust and loose rocks.

All I can say is this thing is amazing! It just ate up the steep inclines and kept progressing steadily and smoothly, never hesitating or losing grip. Once the routine was correctly implemented (hand brake on seemed to make the difference) the transfer case worked easily, moving in and out of H / L / H LK / L LK with a firm hand. My diff locks worked perfectly from the get go, they activate quickly and you can feel when the front locks and unlocks through the steering so don't need to rely on the lights on the ceiling. You can quickly press the front then rear straight after each other and they come off, drive a small way up the track with some steering movement and they soon confirm deactivation with a mild bong. When required you just hit rear and front quickly after each other and they come back on. After an initial metal on metal sound from the suspension when going over our first serious rut it never made any other unusual sounds, articulating perfectly and keeping the body quite stable.

It's bloody awesome!

231123 A.jpg231123 B.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom